Mercedes-Benz Motorsports & Racing Use this forum to discuss Mercedes-related racing events including Formula 1, DTM and Truck series.

Ms Victory!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-23-2006, 09:38 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
F248 F1
Ms Victory!!!

WOOOTT!! THE TIFOSI WIN AGAIN!!!!!!!!! NOLA MONTY GOT 3RD NOT BAD!
Old 04-23-2006, 09:51 AM
Super Moderator Alumni

Audi A5 Sportback + Cannondale Prophet
Yeah, pretty good race by MS... although I think Alonso resigned himself to 2nd place to protect the championship by peeling off for the 2nd pitstop before Schumi. Anyway, the race hasn't been aired in the US, right? You should not have spoilers in the title.
Old 04-23-2006, 09:55 AM
Banned

F248 F1
Originally Posted by Nola
Yeah, pretty good race by MS... although I think Alonso resigned himself to 2nd place to protect the championship by peeling off for the 2nd pitstop before Schumi. Anyway, the race hasn't been aired in the US, right? You should not have spoilers in the title.

HAhaha true, i couldnt help it i have been up all night i didtn sleep just to see the live timings on formula1.com ...oh well, im not that happy--theirs osmething missing-bad weekend so far for me oh well
Old 04-23-2006, 10:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63
Thanks for posting that title & spoiling my afternoon.

Remember, some people like to actually watch the race, next time be a little bit more considerate about what you post.
Old 04-23-2006, 11:02 AM
Banned

F248 F1
Originally Posted by MiamiE55
Thanks for posting that title & spoiling my afternoon.

Remember, some people like to actually watch the race, next time be a little bit more considerate about what you post.

I'm sure if it would have been a Maca win, i would have inspired you more to watch the race... dont worry JPM gets 3rd and Kimi BEHIND MASSA ERM!
Old 04-23-2006, 11:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63
Whatever. Next time don't post the damn result on the title. Like i said before, some people actually like to watch the race without knowing the outcome
Old 04-23-2006, 06:51 PM

CBS coverage SUCKS,, BAD
Old 04-23-2006, 06:54 PM

2008 BMW 335xi Coupe
cbs was horrible.. they had commercials every 3 laps... they showed no pre-race interviews with the drivers, they didnt show the celebration with the champagne, and they barely showed the post-race interviews... i'll be downloading the race
Old 04-23-2006, 07:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Silver 2002 C32, Silver 2006 CLK 350
Originally Posted by kostas
cbs was horrible.. they had commercials every 3 laps... they showed no pre-race interviews with the drivers, they didnt show the celebration with the champagne, and they barely showed the post-race interviews... i'll be downloading the race

CBS sucks so bad!!! only showed 2 car race the whole time bring it back to speed channel....
Old 04-23-2006, 08:54 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
a quarter mile at a time
egutie6970 didn't I call it?!?!? hahhaha. I recorded it on my DVR but the whole race was so choppy I couldn't watch it. So mad right now.
Old 04-24-2006, 03:46 AM
Banned

F248 F1
Yeah CBS sucks im watching it again on speed, its on the the 30th of this month. It was a great race wasent it e1000 ?!

Guys wait for Hobbs and the speed crew to do on the 30th should be alot better...
Old 04-24-2006, 10:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Silver 2002 C32, Silver 2006 CLK 350
I think Ide should be black flag for the rest of the season, he is a danger to him and other drivers. there are a lot of other drivers out there that can drive better than this guy.
Old 04-24-2006, 04:06 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
a quarter mile at a time
Originally Posted by egutie6970
Yeah CBS sucks im watching it again on speed, its on the the 30th of this month. It was a great race wasent it e1000 ?!

Guys wait for Hobbs and the speed crew to do on the 30th should be alot better...
I really couldn't make out more than 10 minutes of the race. I'll hafta catch it on the re-air too...
Old 04-25-2006, 04:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

mymbonline
i woke up and half the race was done already, im happy cause everything i read said it was wack, its the circuit, impossible to pass.
and its not a Macca track cause there are no high-medium speed corners where Macca can take advantage of the strong points of their cars, i was expecting kimi to beat jpm but i heard he got a bad start
its cool, better monty than any1 else.

I dont really like michael (cant deny his skillz though) but i was very happy to see him win a race, he punked fernando for 30 laps, he deserved that win, ferrari deserved that win.

Macca should do better at the next race (nurgburgring, i believe) RD said there are engine upgrades and some other mods comin. He does need to keep his mouth shut though, he kept talkin up their chances before imola and even after he claims their car is as fast as renault , which it clearly isnt, at least not at imola

cant wait for the next1

almost forgot: congrats to shuey on beating Senna's pole record, i dont think he deserved it b/c Senna did it in less than half the time that michael took, but he did beat it so my hat off to him
Old 04-25-2006, 03:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
AMG
Congrats to MS.....where was Massa? Or for that matter Button (started from 2nd)?

I'm glad both McLaren's finished and got decent points combined. I didn't get to watch the race until last evening, so I'm glad I didn't come into the Motorsports section here and read the spoiler.

egutie should be beyotch slapped for that move. If you were an F1 driver, I'd say you were most like Ide.

On to Germany!!!
Old 04-25-2006, 05:09 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
1992 500SL, 1990 Jag XJS V-12 Conv't, 1976 Jag XJ12C, another '76 XJ12C!
Things sure did turn around fast!

How did the Ferrari's get so darned fast this week and the McLarens were nowhere in site? I'm amazed and impressed at the Ferrari recovery to competitive form. Disappointed overall with Mercedes as I fear this will push Kimi out the door for sure although I look forward to seeing Alonso in a Mercedes next year. Maybe he can keep the car together for a full race.

Doesn't CBS show the same FIA world broadcast as Speed? I know they don't show the preliminaries and the post race interviews are done by the Speed channel hence the abbreviated versions on CBS, but I don't think we will see any more of the racing on Speed this week than we saw on CBS last....
Old 04-26-2006, 02:54 AM
Banned

F248 F1
Originally Posted by gdmarques@***.n
How did the Ferrari's get so darned fast this week and the McLarens were nowhere in site? I'm amazed and impressed at the Ferrari recovery to competitive form. Disappointed overall with Mercedes as I fear this will push Kimi out the door for sure although I look forward to seeing Alonso in a Mercedes next year. Maybe he can keep the car together for a full race.

Doesn't CBS show the same FIA world broadcast as Speed? I know they don't show the preliminaries and the post race interviews are done by the Speed channel hence the abbreviated versions on CBS, but I don't think we will see any more of the racing on Speed this week than we saw on CBS last....
Well Ferrari basicly had a completely new package!

-New engine
-New gas-lubricants
-New tyres
-New aero
-New diffuser
-New suspension
- Some other stuff....

and new transmission comming soon!

It is suppose to improve Ferraris laps bt .4tenths per LAP!
Old 04-26-2006, 02:58 AM
Banned

F248 F1
Originally Posted by Chappy
Congrats to MS.....where was Massa? Or for that matter Button (started from 2nd)?

I'm glad both McLaren's finished and got decent points combined. I didn't get to watch the race until last evening, so I'm glad I didn't come into the Motorsports section here and read the spoiler.

egutie should be beyotch slapped for that move. If you were an F1 driver, I'd say you were most like Ide.

On to Germany!!!
lol!! I'm not oriental !!! I tell all my oriental buddys that they can't drive hahahah ( I have alot of oriental friends) I think i would do fairly good, go-kart tracks i have been to and F1 maza series, i have done very good. I'm a natural racer! Break with my left, and gas with my right-all the time! I have been doing it since i started driving on the public roads in cali ( since i was 14 years old!) and since then i have always gone out for night drives around mtns and taken the cars to the limit..my first car didnt have ABS breaks so i have plenty of practice---just need to get acquire with the breaking zones and feathering the pedal out of the turns with 800 BHP ! hahah
Old 04-27-2006, 09:04 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
1992 500SL, 1990 Jag XJS V-12 Conv't, 1976 Jag XJ12C, another '76 XJ12C!
Originally Posted by egutie6970
Well Ferrari basicly had a completely new package!

-New engine
-New gas-lubricants
-New tyres
-New aero
-New diffuser
-New suspension
- Some other stuff....

and new transmission comming soon!

It is suppose to improve Ferraris laps bt .4tenths per LAP!
Yeah, but besides that stuff.....

I wonder if Ferdi is getting that sinking feeling that maybe this won't be so easy for him after all.