Mercedes-Benz Motorsports & Racing Use this forum to discuss Mercedes-related racing events including Formula 1, DTM and Truck series.

Silverstone predictions!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-05-2006 | 06:08 PM
Banned

F248 F1
Silverstone predictions!

Well, the title says it all. I'm hoping for a Fonzi retirement a 1-2 Ferrari and 3-4 Maca....Ferrari broke the fastest lap record at Barcelona this week! Very impress!

Weather- Good chance of rain ! I hope we have a wet race! should be exciting...Silverstone/Canada/US should be Ferrari's 1-2 IMO. They have he strongest engine on the grid, and these 3 circuits require power and top speed, which the Scuderia has-oh and a very efficient Aero. Hopefully by the time we get to Mangy-cours we can be back in the game for the WDC and WCC!
Old 06-05-2006 | 06:40 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Audi A5 Sportback + Cannondale Prophet
Why don't you just go on and say that Schumo looks good in a weightlifter's outfit?
Old 06-05-2006 | 11:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63
I'll tell you on Friday.
Old 06-06-2006 | 01:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 C230K, 2013 BMW 328, 2015 BMW X5
I rather think that I won't have predictions until Sat after qualy.

Friday is just too soon for me to make a prediction.

Ed

PS Eg, so what type of trouble did you have?
Old 06-06-2006 | 03:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Silver 2002 C32, Silver 2006 CLK 350
Shumi might get busted for cheating again. lol it will be another good race
Old 06-06-2006 | 03:59 PM
Banned

F248 F1
Originally Posted by emrliquidlife
I rather think that I won't have predictions until Sat after qualy.

Friday is just too soon for me to make a prediction.

Ed

PS Eg, so what type of trouble did you have?
yeah after qualy its better to give well predictions haha i'm going to bet on this race as well....

hmm pm about the trouble question, this regarding the ' need help' thread right ?
Old 06-06-2006 | 04:00 PM
Banned

F248 F1
Originally Posted by Trekman
Shumi might get busted for cheating again. lol it will be another good race
lol well i saw the replay multiple times, and honestly at first i thought he cheated as well but after looking at the replay many many times, it dosent look like he did . He took a diff line, and on top of that the rear was slipping out as he was going into the turn, thats what caused him to take a diff line in the first place sooooo no i do not think he cheated.
Old 06-06-2006 | 04:01 PM
Banned

F248 F1
Originally Posted by Nola
Why don't you just go on and say that Schumo looks good in a weightlifter's outfit?
now now Nola, lets not talk about your fantasys on this thread lets keep thinks rated pg 13 ! hahaha
Old 06-06-2006 | 10:17 PM
Admin Alumni

See Garage
Originally Posted by egutie6970
lol well i saw the replay multiple times, and honestly at first i thought he cheated as well but after looking at the replay many many times, it dosent look like he did . He took a diff line, and on top of that the rear was slipping out as he was going into the turn, thats what caused him to take a diff line in the first place sooooo no i do not think he cheated.
Let's review... All weekend long, through all the practices, Q1, and Q2, (not to mention every race weekend since 1994) MS takes the appropriate line leading to the correct apex that every other driver uses. Muscle memory is so engrained with MS at Monaco, I think he could drive this corner in his sleep...

Instead, on the last lap of Q3 qualifying, he takes an inside line leading to an apex nearly 20 feet short of the correct apex... how is this possible unless it was intentional? We'll never agree on this, but virtually all the F1 community was ashamed of the display... that is, all but Shumi... and yourself.

IMO, he cheated... It's also ancient history.

I think Silverstone will be a toss-up among Ferrari, Renault, and McLaren. The Renaults will NOT DNF... They are as bulletproof as the Ferraris, and whether you like it or not, Alonso is as cool and calculating a customer as Schumacher in his early years. This from someone who drinks neither Ferrari or Renault cool-aid.

Raikkonen and Montoya both like Silverstone. If their cars hold up, they should do well.
Old 06-07-2006 | 06:49 AM
Banned

F248 F1
Hmm I was hoping for a wet race, but it seems like its getting hotter and hotter. Hopefully the British weather changes drasticly over the following days so we can have a nice wet weather. Silverstone is Macas home turf, and i expect them to do very well. I know asking for a DNF from Fonzi is near impossible. But i think it would be good for the championship if
A) He retires here- MS gets 1st !
B) He decides not to take part of the USGP like last year hahaha and Ferrari get a 1-2 !

as longest we get a tooth and nail fight all the way to the end of the season, i'm happy-even if MS loses ( well i wont be happy if MS losses but you get the idea) Also hopefully Kimi joins the Reds, and leaves Maca for good. Poor guy, he has probably had more mechanical failures then anyone in the history of F1.
Old 06-07-2006 | 09:23 AM
Super Moderator Alumni

Have you seen this one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zF0Jh...macher%20cheat
Old 06-07-2006 | 06:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

everyone agreed he did something tricky
Old 06-08-2006 | 04:08 AM
Super Moderator Alumni

Hopefully the British weather changes drasticly over the following days so we can have a nice wet weather.
So I'm looking out my window in the general direction of the English Channel, and I can't see any clouds!
Old 06-08-2006 | 10:54 AM
Banned

F248 F1
So I'm looking out my window in the general direction of the English Channel, and I can't see any clouds!
Lucky bum head! Are you going to any F1 races/WC games ? this year ...
Old 06-09-2006 | 04:36 AM
Super Moderator Alumni

I have hotel reservations, flight and race tickets for Monza in September. Also, tentatively I'll hit Hockenheim at the end of July (poor man's trip with general admission only and possibly camping!).

I don't have tickets for the WC. My GM's in Europe were unable to secure any for me (true statement!), and we are no longer allowed to accept them from business partners. I have 3 WC towns within 2 hours drive, so I'll definitely drive up to a couple just to get the experience... who knows, I might even score some tickets!
Old 06-09-2006 | 07:03 AM
Super Moderator Alumni

So because of you I went to the Fifa ticket website, and saw that they have availability for Sweden vs Trinidad tomorrow night... so now I have spent the last hour or so trying to buy the stupid tickets online... so here's the routine...

-You hit the refresh button like an idiot until the match becomes available (supposedly it means someone who had the ticket in their cart just dropped it).

-You select the number of tickets you want and type the robot-proof code.

-You are redirected to a so-called waiting, where you are greeted by this message:

Dear football fan,

You are in waiting area at the 2006 FIFA World Cup Germany™ ticket shop.
To improve the speed and ease of use of the service, we have imposed a limit on the number of visitors able to use the ticket shop simultaneously.
At regular intervals, you can make a fresh attempt to be re-directed. After the countdown (displayed below) has completely finished, a button labelled "Next Try" appears. Clicking this button improves your chances of progressing from here.

Once you have been redirected, you will not be directed into the waiting room again. Access to the following pages may involve long waiting times at peak periods. We recommend returning and trying again later.

Please be patient!
Do not click your browser's refresh button, as this causes the countdown to reset, decreasing the likelihood you will be redirected!

To try again, please use the button below which becomes active regularly after a short waiting period.

-After hitting Next Try (and waiting 30 seconds each time), you get to one of these 2:

Dear football fan,

You are in the waiting area at the 2006 FIFA World Cup Germany™ ticket shop.
To improve the speed and ease of use of the service, we have imposed a limit on the number of visitors able to use the ticket shop simultaneously.

Access to the following pages may involve long waiting times at peak periods. We recommend returning and trying again later.
Or

Reservation not possible

Sorry, somebody was faster than you. The display of available tickets will be updated at regular intervals. But due to high demand it may happen that tickets are displayed as available in the overview, though they were meanwhile added to somebody else’s virtual shopping cart in the course of his or her ordering process. Therefore you receive this notice.
If the ordering process is not completed by this customer the tickets are made available for other potential buyers after a short while. Therefore, if you start over the ordering process after a couple of minutes, the tickets can possibly be available for you to buy again.

Thank you for your understanding.
Rinse and repeat.
Old 06-09-2006 | 10:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63
1. F. Alonso
2. M. Schumacher
3. J, Button
4. K. Raikkonen
5. G. Fisichella
6. F. Massa
7. JP. Montoya
8. R. Barrichello
Old 06-11-2006 | 11:16 AM
Super Moderator Alumni

How about that... Alonso was cruisin'
Old 06-11-2006 | 02:45 PM
Banned

F248 F1
How about that... Alonso was cruisin'
serioustly...
Old 06-11-2006 | 05:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

renault has there ***** together. CBS cuts KIMI's interview off at the end LOL...... they only made alonzo and Shumi talk then see you next race....
Old 06-11-2006 | 06:40 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Well you didn't really miss anything.... I'm sure it went something like this:

wellthefirststintwentprettywellandwematchedrenault spacebutthenonthesecondstintwewerenotasquickandnow werejustlookingforwardtocanadawherestheboozetoobad therearenoyachtsinsilverstone.
Old 06-11-2006 | 07:24 PM
Admin Alumni

See Garage
Well you didn't really miss anything.... I'm sure it went something like this:

wellthefirststintwentprettywellandwematchedrenault spacebutthenonthesecondstintwewerenotasquickandnow werejustlookingforwardtocanadawherestheboozetoobad therearenoyachtsinsilverstone.
That's hilarous... Only thing missing was the monotone imitation, but I was able to supply that myself. my apologies for stereotyping, but what is it with these Finnish drivers and how they talk? Hakkinen was the same way. Keke Rossberg, too (Scandanavian, at any rate, not sure if Finnish). They all talk like they have marbles in their mouths, and they are afraid to lose one of them if they open too wide to show any emotion. LOL!

Yea, the Renaults were on autopilot all day. You knew it was all over once the Ferraris and McLarens pitted before the Renaults. No Contest... Game over... Put a fork in it, it's done...
Old 06-12-2006 | 11:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63
You knew it was all over once the Ferraris and McLarens pitted before the Renaults
That's for sure. Right when i saw that, i knew that Renault was going to win. FA was flying through those laps like he was on rails. The Renault is clearly on a far more superior level than the Ferrari & McLaren.

Did anyone see the quick interview with Briatore at the end? What an arrogant jerk.
Old 06-12-2006 | 11:54 AM
Banned

F248 F1
Originally Posted by MiamiE55
That's for sure. Right when i saw that, i knew that Renault was going to win. FA was flying through those laps like he was on rails. The Renault is clearly on a far more superior level than the Ferrari & McLaren.

Did anyone see the quick interview with Briatore at the end? What an arrogant jerk.
What did the bastudddd say ?
Old 06-13-2006 | 01:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

he said he knew renault would win and he know that ferarri and Mclaren had less fuel.....

I dont think Flavio owns a Comb or a brush for his hair, hay Flavio its called a Styling gel..... LOL

Last edited by Trekman; 06-13-2006 at 11:06 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Silverstone predictions!