Mercedes-Benz Motorsports & Racing Use this forum to discuss Mercedes-related racing events including Formula 1, DTM and Truck series.

Canadian Grand Prix

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-21-2006, 03:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 BMW 335xi Coupe
Canadian Grand Prix

so who is gonna be there? i'm gonna be in grandstand 31 with the huge mclaren flag... what you guys think of this race.. predictions?
Old 06-22-2006, 04:26 AM
Banned

F248 F1
I Might see you there !! : P! !!! ! I got VIP tickets, but something came up yesterday--so hopefully that will not ruin my plan to go ! I will be carrying MY HUGE Ferrari Flag haha I have two -and a Maca flag.

Well I think Ferrari can win this one! We have the most powerfull engine and -this track is almost full throttle all the time ! so hopefully :P! If i can make it, i'll pm you-maybe we can meet !
Old 06-22-2006, 05:14 AM
ON PROBATION

Glad you can make it, Enrique.

I think that I am just SOL this year....
Old 06-22-2006, 09:16 AM
Banned

F248 F1
Originally Posted by ClayJ
Glad you can make it, Enrique.

I think that I am just SOL this year....
Haha, It is not a for sure yet ! My father had a heart attack early this week so yeah :/ that has changed alot of my plans for summer...
Old 06-22-2006, 01:27 PM
ON PROBATION

I certainly hope that it was a mild one and that he is doing OK.

One thing about life - next year always comes around...like clockwork.
Old 06-24-2006, 06:58 AM
Banned

F248 F1
Originally Posted by ClayJ
I certainly hope that it was a mild one and that he is doing OK.

One thing about life - next year always comes around...like clockwork.
Yes, luckly it was a mild one --nothing serious nonetheless it scared the stones out of me! Oh weel seems like i will not be attending do to that :/ mom dosent want me to leave just in case anything happens :/ i hope MS does not retire so i can watch im race at least once ! Or maybe in August when i hit europe i will get to go to a Euro GP and live it at to the fullest !
Old 06-24-2006, 09:19 AM
ON PROBATION

Having a mild one is often a good thing: everyone gets the 'heads up' and is now aware of the problem, and changes in diet and exercise can occur (and there is less resistance to doing so now that the 'fear of God' has been put in everyone), which along with any necessary medication can prevent the problem which had already been developing unbeknownst to everyone from developing to the fulness of disaster -- and loos of the life of the loved one.

I actually think that it is a good thing when a person has that first mild heart attack(!) Not only is it survivable, but it also increases long-term suvivability due to its warning nature and the current excellent state of heart-care medicine.

I can't tell you how many people I know who are now on medication, or have even have had bypasses performed - and now will live a happy, healthy 20 or 30 more years -- which they wouldn't necessarily have been able to do if they had continued in their ways without preventative or medical treatment, and resultantly suffered a massive heart attack.

Anyways, I am glad to hear that it was mild and that he is doing fine.

Now remind him nicely (if needed) of our common mortality, of how nice a long life is with one's loved ones, and that he should take his doctor's care instructions to heart (pun intended) - and as a result of this little incident gain a long(er) lease on life.

Oh! And to keep it On Topic (sorry, would've PM'd but as you know I have been a heinous offender; and a condition of release was Probation and no PM's)--

I've still got plans for you and the GP experience of your life.

Life is a long time -- especially if we work a little bit towards that goal.

Last edited by ClayJ; 06-24-2006 at 09:23 AM.
Old 06-24-2006, 01:30 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Audi A5 Sportback + Cannondale Prophet
I've got 2 GP's lined up this year... tickets in hand and everything (well, at least paid for, one won't mail out yet and the other is will-call). We're hitting Hockenheim end of July and them Monza in September.
Old 06-24-2006, 02:10 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Audi A5 Sportback + Cannondale Prophet
Alonso on pole. How about that.

But Kimi's comments... when will he learn?

wegotgoodresultsbut(adjustmike)itwasbetterinthe(ad justmike)morningsowearelooking(adjustmike)forwardt otheracesoicandrinksomeboozeafterawrds
Old 06-26-2006, 11:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
AMG
Originally Posted by kostas
so who is gonna be there? i'm gonna be in grandstand 31 with the huge mclaren flag... what you guys think of this race.. predictions?
How was the crowd? Looks like you had nice weather!
Old 06-26-2006, 11:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
AMG
Originally Posted by Nola
Alonso on pole. How about that.

But Kimi's comments... when will he learn?

wegotgoodresultsbut(adjustmike)itwasbetterinthe(ad justmike)morningsowearelooking(adjustmike)forwardt otheracesoicandrinksomeboozeafterawrds
LOL too funny! My wife does an excellent Kimi impression...sad to say we will likely lose him next year.
Old 06-26-2006, 12:15 PM

2008 BMW 335xi Coupe
it was so incredibly hot... on friday it wasnt bad, it was cloudy in the morning to there was a nice breeze, but later on in the day i got burned to a crisp.. then i got smart for saturday and bought lotion, then for sunday i had my enormous mclaren flag wrapped around me.. no burning but i did sweat like no other...

it was amazing time.. was disappointed to see kimi lose so much times in the pits and to lose P2 at the very end

and about the crowd.. i dont know.. mixed feelings.. during the drivers parade, everyone started boo'ing at MSC when he was passing by. I mean, i'm pissed about the whole park job in monaco but the guy is a legend.. i think i was the only one cheering when he was coming by

sorry to hear about your father egutie.. hope he recovers quick.. maybe next year i'll see you there