Mercedes-Benz Motorsports & Racing Use this forum to discuss Mercedes-related racing events including Formula 1, DTM and Truck series.

Things to look out for German GP

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-25-2006, 02:00 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
F248 F1
Things to look out for German GP

1) MS will sign a 2 year contract with Ferrari, with a clause to leave whenever he wishes.

2) Kimi's future ?! Reno perhaps ?

3) The WDC and WCC, can Ferrari achive a 1-2 with Toyota/Mclaren helping Ferrari by getting in between Ferrari and FA/Reno?

4) Do you think the WDC is in the pocket ? what about WCC ?

5) Are Michelin tyres losing their tyre advantage ? ( due to lack of financial support)
Old 07-25-2006, 10:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2002 C230K, 2013 BMW 328, 2015 BMW X5
EG,

Like these ladies, much better than your last images.

In any case, I think Shui signs a one year, with no easy out.

Alonso has the WDC locked up, and as for the WCC, I think Ferrari could make a run on Renault. But that is largely in Fisi's hands.

Are any of you reading the Speed Boards info on Montoya's departure. Some weird rumors...

E
Old 07-25-2006, 07:46 PM
Admin Alumni

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
See Garage
Originally Posted by emrliquidlife
Are any of you reading the Speed Boards info on Montoya's departure. Some weird rumors...E
Such as what? Can you paraphrase a couple here?
Old 07-26-2006, 05:58 AM
Super Moderator Alumni

Audi A5 Sportback + Cannondale Prophet
What I've seen is that F1 Montoya detractors are shocked that Montoya left before being kicked out, so now people are saying that his early separation from McLaren was not an early release in good terms, but rather him being fired by Ron Dennis, or even that he pursued the lightning-fast Nascar deal because he could smell the hammer falling... some of the rumors are:

-Nascar or no Nascar, he would be dropped for the French GP.
-He had a huge entourage in Indy that at times took over Mclaren's hospitality area, leaving no room for board members.
-Ron Dennis was "livid" at the entourage and the Indy incident with Raikonnen
-He was summoned for a July 11 meeting with Mercedes bigwigs to explain his lack of performance.
-There's even one dude on the board fuming over Montoya not following McLaren's dress code (on the Nascar announcement press conference), comparing it to "treason".

Last edited by Nola; 07-26-2006 at 06:08 AM.
Old 07-26-2006, 06:43 AM

2005 E55 AMG
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Nola
-He had a huge entourage in Indy that at times took over Mclaren's hospitality area, leaving no room for board members.
-Ron Dennis was "livid" at the entourage and the Indy incident with Raikonnen
I was a guest in McLaren hospitality area at the USGP on Friday, Saturday and Sunday and saw no evidence of Juan Pablo's entourage or any space limitations. Suite attendance varied from day to day, with Sunday obviously being the highest. From what I could see, no one was turned away, nor was there any overcrowding. However, it may have been a matter of reserving all available McLaren hospitality suite passes.

I can't speak to Ron Dennis's reaction, but after the race, Team McLaren Mercedes CEO Martin Whitmarsh pointedly said that Kimi was "clearly not at fault" for the first lap debacle. His not mentioning JPM at all spoke volumes.

Last edited by Beowulf; 07-26-2006 at 05:55 PM.
Old 07-26-2006, 07:55 AM
Super Moderator Alumni

Audi A5 Sportback + Cannondale Prophet
Originally Posted by Beowulf
I was a guest in McLaren hospitality area at the USGP on Friday, Saturday and Sunday and saw no evidence of Pedro's entourage or any space limitations. Suite attendance varied from day to day, with Sunday obviously being the highest. From what I could see, no one was turned away, nor was there any overcrowding. However, it may have been a matter of reserving all available McLaren hospitality suite passes.
Would you mind being quoted on the speed boards? i would like to put this rumour to rest.
Old 07-26-2006, 11:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2002 C230K, 2013 BMW 328, 2015 BMW X5
Sorry I didn't post a link to the Speed Community board. But Nola has it all in hand. I honestly think Montoya can do well in NasCRAP. However, those guys are going to be gunning for him. Makes it all the harder.

E
Old 07-26-2006, 05:53 PM

2005 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by Nola
Would you mind being quoted on the speed boards? i would like to put this rumour to rest.
Not a problem.