Mercedes-Benz Motorsports & Racing Use this forum to discuss Mercedes-related racing events including Formula 1, DTM and Truck series.

Do they not want McLaren to win ANYTHING.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-04-2007, 12:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63
Do they not want McLaren to win ANYTHING.

It seems that the FIA is trying really hard to find anything they can to thwart McLaren's title bids for both the Constructors & Drivers Championships.

From F1-Live.com

amilton's Japanese win under investigation

http://members.f1.racing-live.com/f1...1004133219.php
Old 10-04-2007, 03:55 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Audi A5 Sportback + Cannondale Prophet
Yeah, throw him in F1 jail for 2 races!
Old 10-04-2007, 04:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS, SLK, ETC
I need ur user / password
Old 10-04-2007, 08:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2002 C230K, 2013 BMW 328, 2015 BMW X5
I could not get in either, but I think they are referring to the Webber - Vettel Crash. Seems Webber is blaming Lewis's driving line on the crash.

Weber was saying he couldn't follow the car, and....
Here is the video. You be the judge.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeOklNLuUoU

Funny how Vettel is saying he is responsible.

E
Old 10-04-2007, 09:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
06 SV650S, 11 Santa Fe
I don't get it. I didn't see the race but I don't understand how Hamilton running wide caused him to rear end Webber. Unless Webber is saying he slowed too much trying not to pass Hamilton under the SC and Vettel hit him because he slowed down too much. Even still that seems like a stretch.
Old 10-05-2007, 05:25 AM
Super Moderator Alumni

Originally Posted by hellcat
Unless Webber is saying he slowed too much trying not to pass Hamilton under the SC and Vettel hit him because he slowed down too much.
That is exactly it... drivers are supposed to drive at a steady speed behind the safety car. Driving erraticly is a nono. Hamilton is even reported as saying during the driver's briefing that he would drive steady if they started under SC in the rain, but he didn't. What he did was brake check Webber so he could keep him guessing and run away when the SC came back in.
Old 10-05-2007, 09:26 AM

cls 55 amg, clk 320
Originally Posted by Nola
That is exactly it... drivers are supposed to drive at a steady speed behind the safety car. Driving erraticly is a nono. Hamilton is even reported as saying during the driver's briefing that he would drive steady if they started under SC in the rain, but he didn't. What he did was brake check Webber so he could keep him guessing and run away when the SC came back in.
i agree, however i beleive that Hamilton could have done a better job behind the saftey car. Also i think that if it was one of the other more experienced drivers, like MS he would have gotten some sort of penalty and the rest of the field would be winning.
Old 10-05-2007, 01:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

No, I do not agree. Under the first laps you could see Bonkey and Donkey being idiots. But In the vid I posted, I don't see Hami break checking. Plus, Weber had PLENTY of run off area on the inside of that turn. It was like Weber stopped cold.

E
Old 10-05-2007, 03:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 W212 E350 Bluetec
Dunno if we'll ever know (or if it can be discerned) exactly how much MM benefitted from Stepneygate, but there would be some poetic justice if they lost the WDC this year as well.

It wouldn't be the end of the world (they'll bounce back!), and who here would begrudge Kimi winning a Championship?

But I doubt this happening - don't think much will come of the Japan/SC "inquiry"
Old 10-06-2007, 09:59 AM

06 330i, 06 E350
What do you mean they don't want LH to win anything, READ this.

Looks like Bernie is trying everything in his power to give it to LH.

"It is painfully obvious to me that the right guy to be world champion is Lewis," said Ecclestone.

"In fact, my main fear would be if he didn't win it."

And yes, LH was brake-checking like there was no tomorrow.
Old 10-06-2007, 10:30 AM

Don't have a Mercedes right now...
Originally Posted by oofie910

"It is painfully obvious to me that the right guy to be world champion is Lewis," said Ecclestone.

+1

Luis is a bit of a Drama Queen, he was implying that he was going to quit if he got penalized. Yeah! we believe that, especially after signing his $110milliion contract!!! He was going to quit out of principle and go back to racing go-karts He is a great driver though, today even though the Ferraris were said to be a bit faster he still managed to get the pole with Alonso running 4th!
Old 10-08-2007, 07:29 PM

06 CLS55 AMG-all options sans Distronic; Carrera4S; 07 M5;Lexus GS300
Louis signed a $110M contract?? Wow!!!!
Old 10-15-2007, 01:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63
Originally Posted by oofie910

Where does it say Lewis Hamilton or Ecclestone in my title? I clearly said Mclaren & FIA.
Old 10-15-2007, 03:01 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Prepare to be owned by THE DONKEY!
Old 10-17-2007, 03:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

211 E55(sold) & 80cc shifter kart
Prepare to be owned by THE DONKEY!
i hope not, Alonso has shown his true colors this yr, by being a little biaaatch.
i want LH to win he deserves it, but if Kimi wins i would be glad for him.
Old 10-18-2007, 01:21 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Hamilton deserves nothing... The Donkey will take it!
Old 10-18-2007, 03:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63
Hamilton deserves nothing...

Are you serious?
Old 10-18-2007, 03:33 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Originally Posted by MiamiE55
Are you serious?
Yeah. I don't believe in saying xx driver or team "deserves to be the champ" until they actually go and win it. Same goes for Alonso and Kimi... no one "deserves" to be World Drivers Champion of Formula 1. They have go go win it on the track. THis goes for any sport btw, unless there is obvious clear cheating that somehow goes unnoticed by officials.

If Hamilton wins it it will be a well "earned" accomplishment, but he deserves nothing. It's a subtle difference but I think an important one.
Old 10-18-2007, 03:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Either way, I think we are in for a fascinating race!!!

You guys going to watch it live or Tivo?

E
Old 10-18-2007, 03:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 W212 E350 Bluetec
Yeah. I don't believe in saying xx driver or team "deserves to be the champ" until they actually go and win it. Same goes for Alonso and Kimi... no one "deserves" to be World Drivers Champion of Formula 1. They have go go win it on the track. THis goes for any sport btw, unless there is obvious clear cheating that somehow goes unnoticed by officials.

If Hamilton wins it it will be a well "earned" accomplishment, but he deserves nothing. It's a subtle difference but I think an important one.

And of all people to waste the word "deserve" on, a rookie of 16 races? You could say that, over the years, there have been some veteran drivers who "deserved" better cars/teams but have been passed over b/c of failing to bring in sufficient sponsorship $ or passed over for the "It" boy du jour
Old 10-18-2007, 04:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63

I got ya!
Old 10-18-2007, 08:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

211 E55(sold) & 80cc shifter kart

Totally agree!! GO LH!
Old 10-19-2007, 02:16 PM

Don't have a Mercedes right now...
unless there is obvious clear cheating that somehow goes unnoticed by officials.
Exaclty! This time there was clear cheating (Alonso and most probably Luis knew fuel strategy and technology info of their opponents) and even thought it was clearly noticed by the officials they still didn't get punished!

I think Kimi is long due to win the championship, he has been doing a stellar job for many years but he always had mechanical problems (including this year) preventing him to win it. Never did he complain or tried to cheat his teamates as both Luis and Alonso tried this year. I think he deserves it more than anyone.
Old 10-22-2007, 12:03 PM

06 CLS55 AMG-all options sans Distronic; Carrera4S; 07 M5;Lexus GS300
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by kchristos
Exaclty! This time there was clear cheating (Alonso and most probably Luis knew fuel strategy and technology info of their opponents) and even thought it was clearly noticed by the officials they still didn't get punished!

I think Kimi is long due to win the championship, he has been doing a stellar job for many years but he always had mechanical problems (including this year) preventing him to win it. Never did he complain or tried to cheat his teamates as both Luis and Alonso tried this year. I think he deserves it more than anyone.
Great and prescient prediction and I could not concur w/ you more, bro!! And...Kimi has won. Guy has REAL class and a true champion. No excuses, no BS, no badmouthing his sponsor and team mates. Just goes about relentlessly and gets the job done!! A true WDC champion and more "deserving" (hate that word!) than anyone else.
Old 10-22-2007, 01:15 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

I LMAO at Ron Dennis. And Anthony Hamilton. And Peter Windsor.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Do they not want McLaren to win ANYTHING.