Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Benz tech

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-21-2007, 10:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'07 S550w/AMG AndGryw/prem.grey leath4matic Night Vision Distronic ,08 ML 350, YUKON XL,'71 ChevPU
Thanks again

Originally Posted by whoover
Glad to be able to help. It's best to dedicate a PCMCIA adapter to the car and leave it there. From what I've read, that's how it's intended to be used. The PCMCIA interface has 68 tiny pins and it's not recommended to remove that card every time you use the car. The memory card has a much more robust makeup, designed for constant insertion and removal from the PCMCIA card.

I assume the system plays the music directly from the memory card (like the San Disk you might use). It is recommended that you pop it out of the PCMCIA adapter when you leave the car, especially if it's a very hot or cold day. The PCMCIA adapter can take it, but the memory cards are a bit sensitive to temperature extremes.

Again, great advice and right to the point. Makes perfect sense and I will take your recommendations as SAP. Thanks.
Old 01-29-2007, 02:24 PM

Performance upgrades for the E550

Wondering about performance upgrades for my E550, sport. Would like to add the AMG wheel with paddles. More HP as well...any suggestions?
Old 02-02-2007, 11:06 PM

ml55 amg
ml55 amg

Just back from the dealer. Low coolant light on, overflow tank is full. Dealer says to replace tank, as that is where the sensor is. $325! I can get a tank on line for $80 and do it myself, but cannot figure/find where that sensor would be. Must be on the lower part with electric wires, but feel the dealer may be wrong in this one...any help?
Old 02-07-2007, 11:59 AM

2000 E55
2000 E55 Suspension

What mods are necessary to soften the ride for every day? Sounds like the E320/430 springs and shocks will do that. Will changing to 17" wheels with higher profile tires do anything?