Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Benz tech

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-14-2006, 07:27 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
M3, E55, SL55
Benz tech

Hey guys, Just wanted to lend a hand to some of you guys here, I am a certified mercedes benz technician. And if any of you guys need any work done, even high performance work. Just pm me. and let me know, i live in so cal. thanks
Old 11-15-2006, 08:38 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
03 E320 -wife's car now; 07 Porsche Boxster S - my toy
Originally Posted by sergs99m3
Hey guys, Just wanted to lend a hand to some of you guys here, I am a certified mercedes benz technician. And if any of you guys need any work done, even high performance work. Just pm me. and let me know, i live in so cal. thanks
Are you willing to give "free" advice to people on this forum?

Regards,
paul...
Old 11-15-2006, 07:59 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
M3, E55, SL55
sure
Old 11-15-2006, 08:11 PM
Administrator

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
Now you really opened up a can worms with that answer.

Welcome
Old 11-15-2006, 11:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2001 E320 RWD - Brilliant Silver/Ash: 100,000+
Welcone to the forum - it's nice to have generous guys like you to help with the technical questions.
Old 11-16-2006, 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by Musikmann
Welcone to the forum - it's nice to have generous guys like you to help with the technical questions.
Ditto,

Thanks in advance, sergs.

Regards,
paul...
Old 11-20-2006, 09:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
05 ML350, 85 300D
Originally Posted by paulv

Regards,
paul...
You didn;t ask the right question paul, might as well break sergs in right. The correct question was" Are you willing to give 'free' advice to people on this forum, and get your profession, your employer and yourself beat to a pulp by someone who knows better, because......., and still enjoy it and continue to do it?

Tongue in cheek a little bit, had to take a few months off, so I'm back....hopefully can help some of you guys out, before I need another vacation!!!
Old 11-21-2006, 06:18 AM
Administrator

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
Originally Posted by MBTech21
You didn;t ask the right question paul, might as well break sergs in right. The correct question was" Are you willing to give 'free' advice to people on this forum, and get your profession, your employer and yourself beat to a pulp by someone who knows better, because......., and still enjoy it and continue to do it?

Tongue in cheek a little bit, had to take a few months off, so I'm back....hopefully can help some of you guys out, before I need another vacation!!!

A well seasoned veteran of the forum. BTW, you got PM.
Old 11-21-2006, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by MBTech21

MBTech21,

Welcome back -- I really thought that you got enough of us and bailed out. Your "tongue-in-cheek" correction to my question is appreciated. I think that many people are fustrated with their cars and tend to bite at anyone who is part of the MB "establishment".

Regards,
paul...
Old 12-15-2006, 02:37 PM

2001 clk 55 amg
try this!

i've just recently purchased 2001 clk 55 amg, love it. recently had check engine code appear. being an ex-euro mechanic, decided to check codes out with scanner and do some diagnosing. bank 1, bank 2, random mis-fire, mis-fire cylinder 4. after clearing codes they come back and back, and back either with all or any combo of the above codes......replaced maf, coil#4, all plugs, and wires, also checked visually for any air leaks etc....to no-avail codes are reappearing just like nothing has been done to correct the situation. last resort also checked voltage pulse for #4 cylinder injector and seems o.k. HELP! anyone have similar issues. thanks.
Old 12-16-2006, 03:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
03 E500 and Corvette

It is very gracious of you to offer to help with actual work and information. I appreciate your offer. I moved from Camarillo Calif with my career and retired in the Ease, therefore probably can't take you up on actual work. But Thankyou for your offer. Jim
Old 12-16-2006, 06:37 PM
Out Of Control!!

THE C
Originally Posted by GOT AMG?
i've just recently purchased 2001 clk 55 amg, love it. recently had check engine code appear. being an ex-euro mechanic, decided to check codes out with scanner and do some diagnosing. bank 1, bank 2, random mis-fire, mis-fire cylinder 4. after clearing codes they come back and back, and back either with all or any combo of the above codes......replaced maf, coil#4, all plugs, and wires, also checked visually for any air leaks etc....to no-avail codes are reappearing just like nothing has been done to correct the situation. last resort also checked voltage pulse for #4 cylinder injector and seems o.k. HELP! anyone have similar issues. thanks.
Going through the same thing right now with my C240, I posted something last week about it. Going to the dealer next week to have the ecu checked. I believe it might have something to do with the computer not telling it to fire on cylinder 1, will keep you posted!
Old 12-17-2006, 09:49 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2007 A8L 4.2
You got PM, Thanks!
Old 12-18-2006, 07:41 PM

05 ML350, 85 300D

I'm assuming the bank 1 . bank 2 you are talking about is self adaptation..if so, good call on the MAS, the random and #4 misfire are probably the same one. Random the first time-it id's it the second time.. I could get all wack and say stuff like a bad crank sensor or flywheel could cause this (because they can), but all you need probably is the adaptations reset- both fuel and sensor gear.. bad part I guess, is that an SDS is needed for it. After the parts replacement, the car is still looking for the old signals..so it flags the new as bad is the easiest way to explain it.. Sorry serg, for hi-jacking your thread..
Old 12-19-2006, 11:06 AM
Out Of Control!!

THE C
Going to the dealer on the 26th will keep you posted. He mentioned something about the fuel system however, I already checked it. Maybe a computer download or reset also. Although, it was driving on 3 cylinders my MAF is still good. Hopefully it still will be after a few more days of driving it.
Old 12-27-2006, 03:50 PM
Out Of Control!!

THE C
Just a follow up.....it was the ignition wiring harness however....really stupid thing here.....

I guess when you replace the harness you should also buy new adapters for it. I used the old ones that were on it and it was just popping off. Nice huh? Felt like a real dumba$$ when I went to the dealer. Luckily, it took them a few hours to find it also. They were changing the coils again and saw it loose.
Old 01-16-2007, 04:45 PM

Interesting. Hey help me out. I am 71 miles from the MB dearler that I just bought my '07 E550 from. They told me to change the oil between 1K and 3K miles. The owners manual pg. 362, does not tell how to do it yourself. I always have done this in the past. Any ideas on how to do this simple task? Thanks. fearlessone2@yahoo.com
Old 01-16-2007, 07:44 PM

05 ML350, 85 300D
No 1-3 K is the first service..it is a free check of the car by the dealer..the first oil change is 13K or so.
Old 01-17-2007, 12:10 PM

PLZ help me make vroom vroom

Originally Posted by paulv

Regards,
paul...
can guy guys please give some tips on installation of a diesel injestion pump for 96 E300D i need to figure the timing of pump to engine ... I will talk ooggles of good things of any 1 who helps thx .
Old 01-17-2007, 07:49 PM

05 ML350, 85 300D
not looking for satisfaction..first..it must be timed to engine (via chain)..then, there is a special MB tool that helps you time it right..you should..(i've never done this)..be able to still use the drip methid to get it close, but it won;t be perfect...
Old 01-20-2007, 06:03 PM

'07 S550w/AMG AndGryw/prem.grey leath4matic Night Vision Distronic ,08 ML 350, YUKON XL,'71 ChevPU
Help with selecting correct pcmcia card for '07 S 550

Can you tell me which cards are compatible with the S 550? I have asked the dealer several times and have gotten different answers. The last thing they told me was "any MP3 card" will work and that any place like Best Buy, etc. should have them. Checked at Best Buy and Car Toys (referred by Best Buy) and neither had a clue about what I was talking about. Some specific names would be helpful ie. San disk (name and size) etc. My car is on order so I don't have the owners manual to look it up and I am dubious about asking the dealer again. Thanks in advance for your assistance.
Old 01-20-2007, 08:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 305 Likes on 224 Posts
'19 E63S sedan
The confusion is that "PCMCIA card reader" or "PC card reader" describes an adapter that accepts several different format memory cards, primarily as temporary disk-type storage for laptop computers. They are further described as "6-in-1" or the like, which tells how many different memory card formats they will accept (like SmartMedia, Memory Stick, MMC, SD, xD, etc.). In other words, you slide the PCMCIA card reader card (got that?) into your laptop or S550 and then slide a real memory card into the PCMCIA card reader card.

Often, you will already have one, perhaps as the way you move pictures from a digital camera to a laptop. In that case, you'd probably use the card type that your camera uses (e.g. Memory Stick if it's a Sony) and use that to transfer music files to your car. If you don't have one, it doesn't matter what format you pick -- buy a "x-in-1" PCMCIA card reader and the biggest capacity memory card that's affordable that the reader will read. Typically, these are all found in the digital camera section of the store. This also assumes you have a laptop that will be the ultimate source of the music files. If not, you will also need a USB card reader for a desktop computer that can accept the same kind of memory card you pick. If you do have a laptop, you will probably want a separate PCMCIA card reader card for it and just move the memory cards between card reader cards in the laptop and the car. It's not good to remove and reinsert the PCMCIA card itself very often.
Old 01-20-2007, 10:32 PM

'07 S550w/AMG AndGryw/prem.grey leath4matic Night Vision Distronic ,08 ML 350, YUKON XL,'71 ChevPU
Thanks a million!

What a succinct and concise explanation that I can understand. It makes much more sense now. As an example, I have an Ultra II 1.0 GB San Disk I use in my digital camera. It should fit perfectly in the PCMCIA adapter. I can then transfer my music from my PC or Laptop at will. Another, question if you don't mind? Does the music on the card transfer to the hard drive in the car or does it just stay on the card? Can the PCMCIA adapter be left in the radio permanently or does it need to be removed to close the door covering it? My apologies to you for the questions but I am trying to get ready for the arrival of my car in a month and thought I would do some early learning. I really don't get much out of the dealership to date. Thanks again for your great answer. I hope I can return the favor some time.
Old 01-21-2007, 12:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 305 Likes on 224 Posts
'19 E63S sedan
Glad to be able to help. It's best to dedicate a PCMCIA adapter to the car and leave it there. From what I've read, that's how it's intended to be used. The PCMCIA interface has 68 tiny pins and it's not recommended to remove that card every time you use the car. The memory card has a much more robust makeup, designed for constant insertion and removal from the PCMCIA card.

I assume the system plays the music directly from the memory card (like the San Disk you might use). It is recommended that you pop it out of the PCMCIA adapter when you leave the car, especially if it's a very hot or cold day. The PCMCIA adapter can take it, but the memory cards are a bit sensitive to temperature extremes.
Old 01-21-2007, 01:25 AM
Almost a Member!

85 380SE, 00 Tundra V8 SR5 4wd, 73 Pontiac Grand Ville, 69 Chevrolet Caprice, 89 Pontiac Safari
I do not want to seem like a pushover and send a PM, but here is a link to my problem.... help me please! Somebody please help me!

https://mbworld.org/forums/mercedes-tech-talk/178535-380se-misfire-when-idling-park-when-initially-shifting-vacuum-leak.html

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Benz tech