Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ESP Disableing on W211

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-17-2007, 11:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes E350, E550s on it's way!
ESP Disableing on W211

Hello MBTech,
I admagine you recieve this question all the time, but I was wondering if on my E350 06' you know of the procedure to disable the ESP. Any insight on that would be very much appreciated.

Thank you,
Adam
Old 03-17-2007, 12:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 327 Likes on 240 Posts
'19 E63S sedan
Originally Posted by AkMadness
Hello MBTech,
I admagine you recieve this question all the time, but I was wondering if on my E350 06' you know of the procedure to disable the ESP. Any insight on that would be very much appreciated.

Thank you,
Adam
You can only disable all the electronics (including ABS, BAS and ESP) at the same time, by putting the car in dyno test mode. This is not recommended for street driving, but we've all done it if you're in a safe situation and want to see what it's like.

Put the key in position one (first click to the right), make sure the odometer displays in the cluster and press the R button (odometer reset) three times in a row. You should get the engineering menu on the cluster. Use the steering wheel menu button to scroll to dyno mode enable. Use the + button to turn it on and then start the car.
Old 03-17-2007, 03:47 PM

Thank you very much!

Old 03-17-2007, 03:59 PM

Talking A little more help please!

When I put the key in, should it be on any certain menu or just have the cluster appear? Because when tapping the reset button three times nothing happens, but if I tap three times slowly and hold on the last tap it will say would you like to reset to factory settings, just changeing the lights and such in the vehicle. A little more detail would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,
Adam
Old 03-17-2007, 04:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 327 Likes on 240 Posts
'19 E63S sedan
Originally Posted by AkMadness
When I put the key in, should it be on any certain menu or just have the cluster appear? Because when tapping the reset button three times nothing happens, but if I tap three times slowly and hold on the last tap it will say would you like to reset to factory settings, just changeing the lights and such in the vehicle. A little more detail would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,
Adam
The cluster has to be on the odometer view. And the key has to be turned to position one, the "aux" position -- not position two that energizes the ignition.
Old 03-18-2007, 01:51 AM

Thank you very much Whoover! Was able to disable it and test it out, and I'm very pleased.

Thanks again,
Adam
Old 05-17-2014, 12:03 PM

W211 e240 '06 avantgarde
Originally Posted by whoover
You can only disable all the electronics (including ABS, BAS and ESP) at the same time, by putting the car in dyno test mode. This is not recommended for street driving, but we've all done it if you're in a safe situation and want to see what it's like.

Put the key in position one (first click to the right), make sure the odometer displays in the cluster and press the R button (odometer reset) three times in a row. You should get the engineering menu on the cluster. Use the steering wheel menu button to scroll to dyno mode enable. Use the + button to turn it on and then start the car.
It didnt work on my w211 e240. Is there any different step to disengage the esp, abs, etc?