Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Omfg Help Help Helpppppp!!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-27-2007, 04:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 Cl 500
Omfg Help Help Helpppppp!!!!!

OMG, ok, ok, breathe........ exhale....

ok, so, i drove my girl home from dinner, we chilled outside talking and such since her parents were home and didn't need to be rockin the rooms. sat their for bout 2 hours in the car, talking and stuff, and she went down. i pulled off, drove around her block to the other so i can make my way home. as i am driving, i notice a strange sound with my window down a lil(music is off which is rare for me), and i rolled it down all the way to hear better.

and i notice, something is grinding slightly on my car, and started worrying. i drove it down the block about a quarter mile and into a gas station. i get out to examine what it is, but could see nothing? its the kind of sound you would get if you were dragging your muffler slowly across pavement. now i start worrying. i see someone at the station and ask them to listen as i drive to see were its coming from, and we both agreed its from the back wheel, driver side.

no matter the speed i am going, even if i was creeping at like 1 mile/hr, it would grind. I'm worrying my breaks are shot, or my E break is broken inside. whats wrrrrrrroooong. what can make that horrible sound of grinding metal? what happened, i looked and looked and seen nothing hanging or broken, i drove it home and it is no doubt still their.

anyone please!!!

ALi
Old 11-27-2007, 06:03 AM

1 V10, 2 V8
did u feel ur rotor? is there a deep scratch??
Old 11-27-2007, 08:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 Cl 500
no, didnt feel anything beyond expected wear/tear

ALi
Old 11-27-2007, 12:28 PM

1 V10, 2 V8
check to see if a rock is stuck in between the pad and the rotor. i had that happen many times.
Old 11-27-2007, 12:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 Cl 500
Originally Posted by brabusw209amg
check to see if a rock is stuck in between the pad and the rotor. i had that happen many times.

I thought of that, but don’t know how to do it without getting it off. It’s not at the edge of the pad, but might be on the inside part were the middle of the rotor is?

So check this, I had to get to work today, someone broke into our store on the east side, another matter thou. And the noise was their even on the highway, just eating away at me.

When I got close to parking, I decided to reverse and see if it would dislodge what ever it was, and I thought it worked, because it was a loud CLANK sound. Then I drove forward and no sound.

But when I reversed into my parking spot, I heard it again, so now I’m stressing loll

ALi
Old 11-27-2007, 12:52 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2008 GMC Sierra
is it a grinding sound like teeth grinding???? Maybe it's your girfriends dentures she left in the back seat.
Old 11-27-2007, 01:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 Cl 500
Originally Posted by sped
is it a grinding sound like teeth grinding???? Maybe it's your girfriends dentures she left in the back seat.

no but this is a serious matter bro, how would you like if YOUR CL was actin up, huh!! lol

ALi
Old 11-27-2007, 01:12 PM

2008 GMC Sierra
Sorry, I could not hold back.

Mine is (acting up) and is costing me many $$$$ as we speak (type).
I lost the door closer on the drivers side, no end in sight as to the cost of repairs. They said it could run up to $900.00 or so. They say it is a vacuum leak and they can not find it.

Seriously, check the dust shield, it may be rubbing the rotor. My E Class did the same thing.

Last edited by sped; 11-27-2007 at 01:37 PM.
Old 11-27-2007, 02:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 Cl 500
Sorry, I could not hold back.

Mine is (acting up) and is costing me many $$$$ as we speak (type).
I lost the door closer on the drivers side, no end in sight as to the cost of repairs. They said it could run up to $900.00 or so. They say it is a vacuum leak and they can not find it.

Seriously, check the dust shield, it may be rubbing the rotor. My E Class did the same thing.
good call, gonna take the wheel off now and check it out correctly. and about that vacuum door thing, i commented on it. sorry to hear, hope your planning on buying a warranty thou

ALi
Old 11-27-2007, 06:23 PM

2008 GMC Sierra
Originally Posted by goliath27
good call, gonna take the wheel off now and check it out correctly. and about that vacuum door thing, i commented on it. sorry to hear, hope your planning on buying a warranty thou

ALi
Yep, but not as sorry as I am....
I do have a warranty but it does not cover vacuum hoses.
I have not heard from them (workshop) all day, that may be good news. They have been looking for a leak in a 10 foot hose all day??? me thinks it's something else.
Ed
Old 11-27-2007, 06:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 Cl 500
Yep, but not as sorry as I am....
I do have a warranty but it does not cover vacuum hoses.
I have not heard from them (workshop) all day, that may be good news. They have been looking for a leak in a 10 foot hose all day??? me thinks it's something else.
Ed

good luck brother.

on another note, no more noise? i guess when i reversed it hard and heard that loud CLANK, it un- jammed that rock or pebble or what ever. now i don't hear the noise any more. took it to the closest thing(Conrad's tire) and told them what it was, and he pushed back my dust shield a lil to see if it would fall out, nothing, so I'm in the clear.

SO I THOUGHT.... now... when breaking, i feel a strange rapid pulsating in my pedal, don't know why, but its their and i don't know how it could be related to the rear pads. anyone know any reason for something like that to happen?

ALi
Old 11-27-2007, 07:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2010 ML550, 2010 E350 4M, 1966 Corvette Convt C2
Originally Posted by goliath27
good luck brother.

on another note, no more noise? i guess when i reversed it hard and heard that loud CLANK, it un- jammed that rock or pebble or what ever. now i don't hear the noise any more. took it to the closest thing(Conrad's tire) and told them what it was, and he pushed back my dust shield a lil to see if it would fall out, nothing, so I'm in the clear.

SO I THOUGHT.... now... when breaking, i feel a strange rapid pulsating in my pedal, don't know why, but its their and i don't know how it could be related to the rear pads. anyone know any reason for something like that to happen?

ALi
Warped rotor
Old 11-27-2007, 08:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
2007 E63 w/P30 and Eurotech CF Diffuser
Goliath,

Reading this thread, you need to take a real good look at those brakes.

You could have some major grooving on the inside of the disk you can not see.

The warping and the grooving will not shut you down today, but you need to "Git Er Done".

Good luck.
Old 11-27-2007, 08:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 Cl 500
but would that be something i would feel if the rears were warped?

ALi
Old 11-28-2007, 11:41 PM

2008 GMC Sierra
ALi,

I don't think it is a warped rotor, with the other sounds you are having I would think the problem in more of a wheel bearing. There also may be wheel sensors that may have an object stuck in it making the sound.
Have you taken the wheel off yet?
Ed
See my thread, I got mine back without any charges!
Old 11-29-2007, 03:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 Cl 500
ALi,

I don't think it is a warped rotor, with the other sounds you are having I would think the problem in more of a wheel bearing. There also may be wheel sensors that may have an object stuck in it making the sound.
Have you taken the wheel off yet?
Ed
See my thread, I got mine back without any charges!

so.... NOW the vibrations are almost GONE, its like one sec its their, then the whole day its gone....... silly car

i'll have it parked in the winter.... alot of time for good old cleaning and checkin

ALi