Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EZpass placement

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-01-2003, 10:12 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EZpass placement

The lamination on the front windshield is so think my EZpass wont read. Is there a special place to place the EZpass so the toll booths can read it?? I have a 2003 S500 4-matic!
Old 03-01-2003, 04:22 PM

2013 E350
Lightbulb EZPass

Contact EZPass. They make a EZPass transponder that attaches to the top of front license plate. It took only about a week for mine to be delivered, although in the meantime I was able to hold my old EZPass transponder to the front window.

Hope this helps.
Old 03-01-2003, 07:41 PM

2002 SLK 320
Re: EZPass

Originally posted by jbec.keane
Contact EZPass. They make a EZPass transponder that attaches to the top of front license plate. It took only about a week for mine to be delivered, although in the meantime I was able to hold my old EZPass transponder to the front window.

Hope this helps.
In MA, I was able to trade in my white square for the license plate transponder on the spot. You can do this at the Fast Lane Service Center on the Mass Pike between Natick and Rt. 128.
Old 03-01-2003, 09:18 PM
Out Of Control!!

Volvo V90 CC
I had to use the external on my impala SS, it goes mounted on the front license plate, it almost looks like a laser difuser.
Old 03-04-2003, 10:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Mercedes-Benz
Re: Re: EZPass

Originally posted by beantownrich
In MA, I was able to trade in my white square for the license plate transponder on the spot. You can do this at the Fast Lane Service Center on the Mass Pike between Natick and Rt. 128.
I want one!!! can you post a pic of it? I have the darn white square.
Old 03-04-2003, 10:50 PM

2002 SLK 320
Re: Re: Re: EZPass

Originally posted by AlBoston
I want one!!! can you post a pic of it? I have the darn white square.
Unfortunately, I cannot as my digital camera was stolen during a break-in a few months ago. However, I can tell you that it is definitely worth it. I didn't know it existed until I saw one mounted on the front of a black CL at a service-stop on the Merritt Parkway.

If you're on the Mass-Pike, stop in at the Fast-Lane center... they have them on hand so you can take a look. If you have any type of frame on your license plate, you'll need to invest in longer screws as the transponder plastic is quite thick.
Old 03-04-2003, 11:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
09 C63
Wait for it - here comes a whole new cottage industry: rip off of peoples ez-pass licenese plate transponders!! <SIGH>

Does anyone have any idea if these can be mounted on the rear shelf? If that works then I'm all for it. My problem is that I have a V1 then the wiper sensor area plus the tinting from MB -- alas not much room left.

P
Old 03-05-2003, 11:19 AM

'01 S500
My manual has a section dealing with the infra red windshield and there is a diagram showing the placement of passes and such.
Old 03-05-2003, 02:19 PM

2002 SLK 320
Originally posted by peet
Wait for it - here comes a whole new cottage industry: rip off of peoples ez-pass licenese plate transponders!! <SIGH>

Does anyone have any idea if these can be mounted on the rear shelf? If that works then I'm all for it. My problem is that I have a V1 then the wiper sensor area plus the tinting from MB -- alas not much room left.

P
The reason I chose the license plate transponder is because it is black and I could mount it between the roll bars of the SLK. This works great as the rear windshield does not seem to interfere.

The attached picture was one I took of my GPS sensor (now removed) but at the bottom you can see the EZPASS transponder.
Old 03-05-2003, 09:20 PM

2008 S550 4Matic P3, Pano, Distronic, Sport
On my S500 by the rear view mirror, is a black dotted area. If you mount the EZPass there it works perfectly. No interference from the metal in the windshield.

I HAVE contacted EZPass at least 6 times to send the license transponder and nothing shows up each time. I don't even think they write it down or order it, seems like I get yessed to death, then nothing,
Old 03-12-2003, 07:33 PM

04 - S600 Sport
Originally posted by MBfiend
On my S500 by the rear view mirror, is a black dotted area. If you mount the EZPass there it works perfectly. No interference from the metal in the windshield.

I HAVE contacted EZPass at least 6 times to send the license transponder and nothing shows up each time. I don't even think they write it down or order it, seems like I get yessed to death, then nothing,
Exactly, either side of the mirror is the place to mount. The owners manuel is very misleading to this.