Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mercedes WIS / seatbelt problem ??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-16-2010, 07:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
slk 55 amg
Mercedes WIS / seatbelt problem ??

hello

got a two problems but if i could fix one i probs dont need the other doing lol.

first of all , i have recently bought a slk 55 amg. i had the seats upholsterd but now my seat belt warning light doesnt work on both the passenger and drivers seat , no one wants to accept blame for this so i am trying to get to the bottom of it myself .

i recently bought a copy of WIS , the mercercedes workshop manual to try figure out what could be wrong with my seats but i run windows vista on all my computers and it will only run with xp or less .

can anyone help
Old 04-16-2010, 11:27 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
03 E320 -wife's car now; 07 Porsche Boxster S - my toy
Originally Posted by thomson_adam
hello

got a two problems but if i could fix one i probs dont need the other doing lol.

first of all , i have recently bought a slk 55 amg. i had the seats upholsterd but now my seat belt warning light doesnt work on both the passenger and drivers seat , no one wants to accept blame for this so i am trying to get to the bottom of it myself .

i recently bought a copy of WIS , the mercercedes workshop manual to try figure out what could be wrong with my seats but i run windows vista on all my computers and it will only run with xp or less .

can anyone help
An easy thing you could do is check under both seats to see if all the wiring is still connected. Good luck.

Regards,
paul..
Old 04-16-2010, 11:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
98 Brilliant Silver E320 Wagon
Welcome to the site -

If you can get a hold of a copy of XP Pro you can install it in the form of a dual boot. That way when you start the computer you can select XP and run your WIS. If you don't intervene the computer will start Vista by default.

Last edited by RichardM98; 04-16-2010 at 11:41 AM.
Old 04-16-2010, 12:09 PM

slk 55 amg
Originally Posted by paulv
An easy thing you could do is check under both seats to see if all the wiring is still connected. Good luck.

Regards,
paul..
hello mate ive done this and they are all ok. looks like a more complicted fault
Old 04-16-2010, 12:10 PM

slk 55 amg
Originally Posted by RichardM98
Welcome to the site -

If you can get a hold of a copy of XP Pro you can install it in the form of a dual boot. That way when you start the computer you can select XP and run your WIS. If you don't intervene the computer will start Vista by default.

oh is this through virtual pc or a setting on xp pro
Old 04-16-2010, 12:23 PM

slk 55 amg
would windows 7 run wis
Old 04-16-2010, 07:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
98 Brilliant Silver E320 Wagon
I assume the WIS you have is on a DVD. If so check the DVD or docs to see which operating systems are supported. If VISTA isn't supported then I would be surprised if 7 is but check.

Dual Boot is an installation option with most all windows operating systems. It is helpful for legacy programs and hardware which don't work with the newer operating systems. That is usually because the hardware vendor or software developer doesn't want to spend the money to rewrite the device drivers.

When one operating system is already present, VISTA in your case, and you start to install the second operating system, you will be asked whether to replace the current operating system or not. Chose to install the second OS in its own partition and complete the installation. After you're done when you boot the computer, you will be presented with a list containing both OS's with VISTA highlighted. If you do nothing, VISTA will be loaded. If you highlight XP Pro on the list, it will be loaded. You can then install and run WIS.

Caution: If you bought your computer with the OS already installed and have not installed an OS before, then get some help. As always all your important data should be backed up and you should have the installation disks for your current OS in case anything goes wrong.

Good luck.
Old 04-18-2010, 07:08 AM

slk 55 amg
what i think i will do is see if someone from work has an old laptop that i can borrow for a few days to get the info i need as i am usless with compuers lol.

sorry to change subject but anyone know of any good bodyshops in the north east england . i had a smart reapir done on my bumper and its looking horrible to say the least