Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP ME!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-12-2010, 06:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 mercedes c240
HELP ME!!!

I have a Mercedes c240 with a 2.6 liter motor and I was checking the air filters and found them extremely dirty so I took them out and drove the car without them till I could get new one, within a day the check engine lamp came on I got new filters a couple days later and had them check the code and it showed air flow problem to mass air flow sensor, I dont trust Auto Zone and there scanners but I wanted to know if it was related to me removing the air filters and clearly it was, I am out of work and cant take the car in, the car has no power on accel when cold, hesatates from stops most of the time and recently it started dieing and not restarting when at stop, I drove it on the highway for 200 miles right after it died in town 4 time and it ran fine, so I think I have a Mass air flow sensor problem. I ordered a new one from Bosch and my question is this, when I install the new one is there a proceedure you have to go through to reset everything, or do I have to go to Mercedes. I love you Mercedes dealers and techs but I have no MONEY!!! Help ME!!
Old 10-12-2010, 11:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
300E a couple 1994 w124wagon E320 Wagon/,1971MGB Track/Rally, MG Midget Autocross ,2000 E320 wagon.
What was

the code?or codes.
Check that all inlet tubes are properly fitted.
Did you order the maf from www.autohausaz.com so you are sure it is the real item.
When you install new maf it will self adapt to the o2 sensors and the ecu.No need for trip to dealer.
Make sure that you did not by accident unplug the old maf when doing the filter.
Old 10-13-2010, 10:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
03 E500 and Corvette
Originally Posted by cgowoody
I have a Mercedes c240 with a 2.6 liter motor and I was checking the air filters and found them extremely dirty so I took them out and drove the car without them till I could get new one, within a day the check engine lamp came on I got new filters a couple days later and had them check the code and it showed air flow problem to mass air flow sensor, I dont trust Auto Zone and there scanners but I wanted to know if it was related to me removing the air filters and clearly it was, I am out of work and cant take the car in, the car has no power on accel when cold, hesatates from stops most of the time and recently it started dieing and not restarting when at stop, I drove it on the highway for 200 miles right after it died in town 4 time and it ran fine, so I think I have a Mass air flow sensor problem. I ordered a new one from Bosch and my question is this, when I install the new one is there a proceedure you have to go through to reset everything, or do I have to go to Mercedes. I love you Mercedes dealers and techs but I have no MONEY!!! Help ME!!
Running with NO filter probably damaged the MAF by dirt if you can't clean it you will need a new one and have to clear the codes.

Preventative Maintenance is cheaper than corrective maintenance. I recommend that you keep you filters clean by following the PM maintenance schedule.