Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ML320 2009 BlueTec coolant leak and short circuit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-12-2022, 03:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GL550
Condensation

Originally Posted by dmitry_sorokin
Hi All,

Just registered so greetings to everyone.

I was driving last night and everything was normal as always, but at one point the car lost it's power and did not accelerate well. Also I've got a message with thermometer (assuming overheating).
So I've stopped and shut off the engine. Started the engine and got check engine light.
Then I had to drive another ~50 km and sometimes can barely accelerate to 50 km/hour. I was watching temperature and it was between 80 C and 90-95 C.
Also I've noticed that after accelerating to over 60 km/hour power comes back (not to the full extent, but enough so I can drive).

So this morning I checked the coolant level and it was below, so I added about 0.5 - 0.7 liters of coolant. I've also noticed fluid (assuming it's coolant) on top of fuel filer! Also I've remembered that yesterday while driving I was getting condensation on the windshield.
I've connected a computer and got tons of errors.
Below are some of them:
129700 The diesel particulate filter is defective.
100D00 The lower limit value of component B2/6 (Left hot film mass air flow sensor) has been reached.
100E00 The lower limit value of component B2/7 (Right hot film mass air flow sensor) has been reached.
101500 The lower limit value of component B2/6 (Left hot film mass air flow sensor) has been reached.
101600 The lower limit value of component B2/7 (Right hot film mass air flow sensor) has been reached.
105700 Component Y27/9 (Left EGR positioner) has Short circuit to ground.
10B900 Component B16/15 (Temperature sensor upstream of SCR catalytic converter) has a plausibility error.
10C200 The control line to component M4/7 (Engine and AC electric suction fan with integrated control) has Short circuit to ground.
113D00 The heater for component G3/2 (Oxygen sensor upstream of catalytic converter) has a short circuit to positive.
11F100 The lower limit value of component B2/6b1 (Left intake air temperature sensor) was dropped below/not reached.

This leads me to believe there's some kind of coolant leak that got all these sensors shorted. Also I've remembered that while I was driving yesterday my iPhone was arbitrarily disconnecting and reconnecting over Bluetooth (which never happened before).

Any advice where I should start looking or anyone has experienced the same or similar issue?

Thanks a lot in advance!

P.S. I've got full STARS report if that's of any help.
I think your on the right track with a possible coolant leak, I would get a coolant pressure tester and someone to observe the heater core while you gently (fill system w/water), pressurize the system (while cool) just enough to get a mist, coolant issues can under the right conditions create a variety of inaccurate codes which also need to be corrected once your primary coolant issues have been resolved.
Good Luck and remember to use a full face shield when pressurizing coolant.
Old 07-31-2022, 04:47 AM

E350
Hi all, I am 24 hrs away from purchasing a 2007 Mercedes E350. Build Date June 2007. VIN WDBZ110562B138429. Can someone please help me work out if this car is effected with the balance shaft sprocket issue? Thank you all in advance.
Old 08-01-2022, 07:39 AM

C350 Sport
My recollection is the problem was not solved until the 2008 model year. However, you can ask an MB service center to look up the VIN and see if the work has been performed. They may or may not help you.