Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

KeylessGO Start/Stop Fault

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-17-2023, 03:01 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
SL500 '03
KeylessGO Start/Stop Fault

Hello,

I was having cold weather EIS issue. My car did not recognize either key or keylessgo cards below 5-6 degrees C. So I had to manually open the door and wait for the EIS to warm up for it to work. It was fixed by electronic service a few days ago. Unfortunately I have encountered a new problem. Normal key is fixed and works fine; locks/unlocks doors and starts the engine. Also, keylessgo cards locks/unlocks the doors but I press the start-stop button on the gearshift dashboard indicator says "Chipcard not recognise".. I will definitely go to the service again, but I wanted to ask if anyone knows what can cause it.

Thanks!
Niko.

SL500 (R230) 2003

Last edited by MB.Owner; 02-17-2023 at 03:39 AM. Reason: Misspellings
Old 02-17-2023, 05:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,324 Likes on 2,210 Posts
MY'14 W212 M276 3.5NA @55kMi
"Chipcard not recognised" ??

Originally Posted by MB.Owner
Hello,

I was having cold weather EIS issue. My car did not recognize either key or keylessgo cards below 5-6 degrees C.
So I had to manually open the door and wait for the EIS to warm up for it to work. It was fixed by electronic service a few days ago.

Unfortunately I have encountered a new problem. Normal key is fixed and works fine; locks/unlocks doors and starts the engine. Also, keylessgo cards locks/unlocks the doors but I press the start-stop button on the gearshift dashboard indicator says "Chipcard not recognise".. I will definitely go to the service again, but I wanted to ask if anyone knows what can cause it.

Thanks!
Niko.

SL500 (R230) 2003
Congrats getting your EIS module fixed

Can you scan your car to retrieve the list of faulty modules acting up ?

I am not familiar with what MB "Chipcard" is designating.
Old 02-18-2023, 07:29 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
SL500 '03
Thanks, It was a frustrating issue. 3 months of a year weather is cold...
I fixed keylessgo too, I reseted cards by using diagtool.

Cheers
Old 02-19-2023, 04:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,324 Likes on 2,210 Posts
MY'14 W212 M276 3.5NA @55kMi
I am glad a good Reboot & Reset therapy got you quick relief. That's enough to celebrate, one victory at the time
You can expect this condition to return within a month. It is caused by impacted module operations in soft-crashed mode.

Keep rebooting monthly is a pretty worthwhile easy fix until something major gives up: such as EIS key switch.