Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A question about plug and charge

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-06-2024, 07:07 PM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
ML 350, EQE Sedan
A question about plug and charge

Many new owners of Mercedes electric vehicles in the US are receiving two years free charging on the Electrify America charging network. When this is set up, a certificate is installed in the vehicle to support plug and charge, essentially, the certificate identifies the car to Electrify America, and thus there is no need to pay at the charge station for energy. This is fine if the only place we charge is Electrify America or at home, but with the spotty coverage of EA, it would be helpful to have a second energy supplier such as EVgo. EVgo also supports plug and charge via a certificate in the car. So my question is:

How many certificates can Mercedes EQ vehicles have at one time? Is it one active certificate, and installing another will replace whatever is in there, or can the car have multiple plug and charge certificates at the same time. If so, how many?
Old 06-09-2024, 01:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,392 Likes on 2,261 Posts
MY'14 W212 M276 3.5NA @60kMi
VERTIFICATE VALIDITY

this is literally an IT Question. Why not ask the dealer "factory trained professionals" They get trained to sale services.

I am afraid this topic may be above many heads.

Certificates are digital keys authenticated by a trusted authority to be valid.

MB regularly switches vendors and simply cut off support as service contracts mature.

Last edited by CaliBenzDriver; 06-09-2024 at 01:11 AM.