Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help identifying a part for my 2003 C240 W203/ electric driver side seat

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-30-2024, 11:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C240
Need help identifying a part for my 2003 C240 W203/ electric driver side seat

Hello group. Need some help. 2003 C240 W203 driver electric seat with command buttons in door. Forward and back works sometimes. I removed the seat and cleaned tracks. Fuses are ok and I can hear clicks when trying to go forward or back but no movement. I found this part broken underneath and need someone to help me identify it by name and part number, please. It is the white circles part on picture with what looks like a retaining clip. What does this part do? Also, if anyone can point me to the diagram for this type seat. One I found online has controls on seat bottom not on door. Please help. Thank you in advance.

This is an online pic I found of the right side, not driver side depicting part I need.
Old 07-30-2024, 01:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,619 Likes on 2,409 Posts
MY'14 W212 M276 3.5NA @60kMi
this white piece of plastic looks like a coupler. It acts like a mechanical fuse... it pops when forces are too high!

The first thing to do is to make seat operate effortlessly so replacement part will last a while.

I don't know where to source this spare... wrecking yard 🤞
The following users liked this post:
joey g c (07-30-2024)