Mercedes Vehicles The archived section for Mercedes vehicles on sale by members.
Mark this thread as Unsold

03 SL55 Red Interior Pano Roof Distronic Giovanni Wheels

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-20-2008, 10:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
Eurocharged 2004 E500, Eurocharged ECU/TCU 2005 SL600, 2010 Caddy SwaggerWagon
**SIGH**

Originally Posted by kdlunn
I am helping my boss sell his car.. He is an SL/CL fanatic and purchases a new one every year and its time for this one to go. He rebadged it as a 65, and we can easily replace this professionally. NOT my idea!!! With only ~14K miles it is immaculate. No dents scratches or accidents and garage kept. No signs of wear on any buttons or switches either. Giovanna wheels (20") on Continental Giovanna branded tires. The panoramic roof was added at the MB dealership. Pulse and cooled seats are included, as well as the Navigation, Distronic active cruise control, and keyless go. It is definately a looker. If you are trying to keep a low profile, this is the WRONG car!! I can be reached by e-mail ( kdlunn@gmail.com ) or by phone, 954-410-2427.

Regards,

Kyle

Im going to disagree with you, I think the car will be gone before the years over. I base this from my experience owning a car dealership and selling thousands of cars. What kind of experience do you have to make that call? If you will look above I posted 3 other cars no less that are in the same ball park pricewise, if you account for the missing options. And the convertible weather is just too good out here

But since you have auction access you must have a dealer license and maybe we can work something out on the wholesale end if you have something of interest for us.

As before, good luck with the sale. It sure is purdy.
Old 11-20-2008, 10:57 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SL55
Originally Posted by Benz-O-Rama
**SIGH**

As before, good luck with the sale. It sure is purdy.

Well theres no doubt about it now, you really are. Do I need to scan my dealer license next to his to satisfy you? Is that even necessary for a classified posting of a car? A few of you guys are an odd bunch.. Im just really confused, and wondering what exactly you are getting at. Are you calling me out on a lie? Really just say it and stop dancing around.

Thanks for the compliment, although no luck will be needed!

Last edited by kdlunn; 11-20-2008 at 12:18 PM.
Old 11-20-2008, 11:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
Eurocharged 2004 E500, Eurocharged ECU/TCU 2005 SL600, 2010 Caddy SwaggerWagon
Well theres no doubt about it now you, really are. Do I need to scan my dealer license next to his to satisfy you? Is that even necessary for a classified posting of a car? A few of you guys are an odd bunch.. Im just really confused, and wondering what exactly you are getting at. Are you calling me out on a lie? Really just say it and stop dancing around.
It's an SL65...no wait...it's an Sl55...I'm selling it for my boss but I own a car lot. Wait, I mean I used to own a car lot. Benz-o-rama's dense...wait..no he's not, he's just confused.

Talk about confusing.

No need to post your dealer license.

Since you're posting ebay links:

Here's a 2005 w/ 23K miles for 7 grand less than what you're asking.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Merce...fCarsQ5fTrucks

I'm done here for a while. Gotta take my son to Chuck E. Cheese's. Great, super.
Old 11-20-2008, 11:14 AM
Almost a Member!

SL55
Originally Posted by Benz-O-Rama
It's an SL65...no wait...it's an Sl55...I'm selling it for my boss but I own a car lot. Wait, I mean I used to own a car lot. Benz-o-rama's dense...wait..no he's not, he's just confused.

Talk about confusing.

No need to post your dealer license.

Since you're posting ebay links:

Here's a 2005 w/ 23K miles for 7 grand less than what you're asking.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Mercedes-Benz-SL-Class-SL55-2005-SL55-AMG-Like-New-23K-miles-Warranty_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ72Q3a1205Q7c6 6Q3a2Q7c65Q3a12Q7c39Q3a1Q7c240Q3a1308QQ_trksidZp32 86Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem160298873889QQitemZ1602988 73889QQptZUSQ5fCarsQ5fTrucks

I stated in my original post, and in the thread title that it was a SL55. If I was trying to misrepresent the car I wouldnt have provided a picture of the SUPERCHARGER under the hood. I explained that to another guy in this public forum, so theres really no excuse for you not to know that if you READ THE THREAD. And yes I am selling it for my boss, and I am a licensed dealer. But I deal with exports to Europe and the Bahamas only, I very rarely hold inventory and all my business is done by customer order. On the other hand his business is a licensed dealer, but mainly a finance broker. Most people walking into his doors wont qualify for this car, thats why he asked me to help him. He could just stick a for sale sign in the window, but that might look tacky in Boca Raton. His wife definately wouldnt go for it.

And im sure you realize that the car you posted has more miles, no Distronic cruise, no panoramic roof, and no wheels. All of those things have added value. You arent comparing apples to apples.

Last edited by kdlunn; 11-20-2008 at 12:19 PM.
Old 11-20-2008, 11:50 AM

04 - 06 e55 Wagon - looking for
Disclosure doen't absolve you from the facts

1. You seem to be pretty cocky about all this
2. Your posting indirectly or even directly supports false representation of a vehicle
3. As a dealer this is as bad as it gets

Your tactic is to entice a buyer who can't afford the real deal to purchase a poseurmobile (albeit a nice one at that). I guess it is 'OK' since the new buyer will have 'bought' it that way so there is no need for him/her to physically rebage/pose.

To be clear, I would add words similar to 'Rebaged as SL65' to the title but your are being sneaky by posting a 'disclosure' statement

I would be very careful choosing your words. Because your boss's car can easily be outed on this forum and bring lots of attention. Though perhaps the attention might help you sell the car.

The truth will set you free.

Last edited by Wish4_e55Wagon; 11-20-2008 at 11:58 AM.
Old 11-20-2008, 12:11 PM
Almost a Member!

SL55
Originally Posted by Wish4_e55Wagon
1. You seem to be pretty cocky about all this
2. Your posting indirectly or even directly supports false representation of a vehicle
3. As a dealer this is as bad as it gets

Your tactic is to entice a buyer who can't afford the real deal to purchase a poseurmobile (albeit a nice one at that). I guess it is 'OK' since the new buyer will have 'bought' it that way so there is no need for him/her to physically rebage/pose.

To be clear, I would add words similar to 'Rebaged as SL65' to the title but your are being sneaky by posting a 'disclosure' statement

I would be very careful choosing your words. Because your boss's car can easily be outed on this forum and bring lots of attention. Though perhaps the attention might help you sell the car.

The truth will set you free.
Definately not cockiness, but I will defend myself if needed. I offered to replace the oem badges at no additional cost. Does that make me a swindler? Or someone who is trying to be truthful? There is full disclosure here and I have never once lied. But you are treating me as such. Hence me defending myself. Ive had calls about the car already and not one person was confused about the car being a 55. Its seems like it is only you that is confused, a person who isnt even in the market for the car.

Are you going to drag everyone over the coals who makes slight modifications to their car? If I put an AMG body kit on a regular E500, does that make me a liar representing it as an E500 amg with tuned suspension and brakes? The badge on the back of the car isnt the same as changing a VIN sticker and dropping in a V12 crate engine. Its a simple fix and I have "exposed" myself by saying it really isnt a 65. Why would I do that if I was trying to get one over on you?????

But really you are just crazy. I could understand if I put my comments in small print, or only told the people that contact me and ask why there is a supercharger present instead of 2 turbos, but I didnt want to do that to anyone or myself. So I wrote in my first post that it was definately a SL55. My boss is a poseur, I cant deny that at all. I had the same sentiments before I even knew you existed But if you would like we to take the badges off then redo the pictures, if that would truly satisfy you, then I sure as hell wouldnt do it because you arent even going to be buying this car. Please stop posting in my thread.

To anyone else, I can identify with how this may look if you arent familiar with the SL line. I am just so used to seeing the car everyday and knowing its a 55 that the 65 badges dont register with me at all. But for someone looking at the pictures and glossing over the text, they might get confused.

Last edited by kdlunn; 11-20-2008 at 12:49 PM.
Old 11-20-2008, 12:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
E320CDI, CLK55, and a Smart
Just because there are other cars on ebay for the same asking price with less options, doesn't mean they sell.

Your car is only worth as much as someone is willing to pay for it. PERIOD!
Old 11-20-2008, 12:26 PM
Almost a Member!

SL55
Originally Posted by Dan ****
Just because there are other cars on ebay for the same asking price with less options, doesn't mean they sell.

Your car is only worth as much as someone is willing to pay for it. PERIOD!

Agreed 100%. Its a daily driver and theres no rush to sell. Im not going to lock you in a dark room with a buyers order that says SL65 for 49,000 (sarcasm for those who cant tell) I cant tell anyone how to spend their money, and I hope they wont tell me either.

Last edited by kdlunn; 11-20-2008 at 12:35 PM.
Old 11-20-2008, 12:46 PM
Almost a Member!

SL55
Im just really surprised at the response this car has gotten, alot of it negative. If you guys have a vendetta against any type of dealer, please leave me out of it. We are Mercedes fans just like you all, and this is a personal car, registered in my bosses name (Reid). If you really like the car and want to buy it you can contact me. If the price turns you off then I can buy you a more basic one from the auction with the color you want. You can be invoved in the whole process and we might even be able to go to the sale together if it is local (south florida).

Last edited by kdlunn; 11-20-2008 at 01:11 PM.
Old 11-22-2008, 12:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
John Deere
kdlunn, you may just want to restore the original badging and relist it as it is. No harm. no fowl.

(gobble gobble, a Thanksgiving joke)

That said, I will offer you $35,000 cash now.
Old 11-28-2008, 12:42 AM
Almost a Member!

SL55
bump
Old 11-28-2008, 08:14 PM

land rover range rover
i like it

bump
looks nice to me, i wouldn't want the badging, but i look it like this. you told me the deal upfront and offered to change it for free. no harm , no foul. not trying to be smart, but why is everybody getting so mad at this guy? picking apart everything he says. what difference does it make if he ran or owned a dealership, his point was that he has alot of experiance selling cars. if you think that makes him a dishonest seller, then don't buy a car from him. that being said, all benzes ,and all used cars for that matter, are dropping like rocks in the books and the auctions. great time to be a buyer - horrible time to be a dealer. if my child seat would fit, i would be all over this car
Old 11-28-2008, 08:29 PM

land rover range rover
btw

Originally Posted by RBrenton
kdlunn, you may just want to restore the original badging and relist it as it is. No harm. no fowl.

(gobble gobble, a Thanksgiving joke)

That said, I will offer you $35,000 cash now.
that offer is right on the money. the highest recent sale ( actual sale , not asking) in manheim is 35k even. now that one was perfect , but it did have more miles. 49k imo is too much, but he's the seller, he can ask 100k if he wants to. now a private seller , i would warn that it was too high as the only buyers at that price would prolly be scammers out to get his bank info. i think kdlunn would be too expericnced for that. - not being smart ***.
Old 11-29-2008, 01:07 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
W210
Beautiful car and good luck with the sale.
For those of you being "*****s" you need to relax. He clearly stated it is an sl55 that was badged as a 65 and can be put back to stock. Get a life & more importantly keep your 2 cents to your self if you are not in the market.
Old 11-29-2008, 01:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mercedes CL500
Just let the gentleman sell his car.

I am used to browse multiple car forums to look up information for my cars and for some reason, this forum alone appears to have people who are much more focused on what badges other Mercedes are wearing rather than helping others with technical, performance, maintenance, and other friendly advices.

Where are the moderators?

Jon
Old 11-29-2008, 02:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

car looks nice, but why is it sitting on a bunch of rocks? :P

And most ppl on forums kinda look down on poser cars, so i guess it would be better if you replaced it back to the stock badging.
Old 12-02-2008, 06:50 PM

I don't know what is up with this thread or car, but when I called that phone #, it was answered by some kind of wierd sex service with a guy breathing heavy on the other end.
Old 12-05-2008, 10:09 AM
Almost a Member!

SL55
Originally Posted by rodbuster
I don't know what is up with this thread or car, but when I called that phone #, it was answered by some kind of wierd sex service with a guy breathing heavy on the other end.
You sure you didnt just hit redial by mistake?
Old 12-08-2008, 07:43 PM

2006 ML500
Wow...how annoying! Guy is trying to sell a car, states all the info up front and STILL gets bashed over and over by people who don't have any intent in buying the car.

If you've ever had anyone do this when YOU try to sell your car, you'll realize how frustrating it is. Questioning something that isn't clear when you are seriously interested in the vehicle is one thing. Going out of your way to create trouble is another.

Sorry, had to vent. /Rant
Old 12-08-2008, 08:18 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
06 E55 Black
You sure you didnt just hit redial by mistake?
Even if you are a dealer, that's still a pretty good line...
Old 12-08-2008, 11:07 PM

bike
I HATE posers like this. LOL...putting a 65 on the car. I'm sure he's the type of guy to stuff a sock in his pants. What a douche
Old 12-10-2008, 03:43 PM

2007 ML63 ///AMG
Originally Posted by bigbodybeeenz
I HATE posers like this. LOL...putting a 65 on the car. I'm sure he's the type of guy to stuff a sock in his pants. What a douche
If you have a problem with it, you should fire off an email to the owner of the car, not the guy trying to help sell it.

I hate poseurs as much as anyone else here, but the OP clearly stated it's NOT a 65, he WILL rebadge for free, and it's NOT his car. Just give it a break.
Old 12-11-2008, 04:56 PM

04 - 06 e55 Wagon - looking for
I was one of the original that posted comments about the badge. I have since stopped. The seller did state his boss is a loser and I thought that was funny.

Old 12-14-2008, 02:20 AM

clk 320 pioneer FB 90 Chrome Halo projector headlights
The interior is awesome i love the mars red leather
Old 12-23-2008, 07:12 PM

R230
Did this car ever sell.............it is almost year end.......?

Love the 55 though......in search of one north of the border (although we need to sink another $6-9K to alter for Canada.......rather silly).

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 03 SL55 Red Interior Pano Roof Distronic Giovanni Wheels