Mercedes Vehicles The archived section for Mercedes vehicles on sale by members.
Mark this thread as Unsold

FS: Mercedes Benz SL55 AMG (Modded - FF build)

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 3.40 average.

Old 03-01-2012, 04:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SL55 AMG
FS: Mercedes Benz SL55 AMG (Modded - FF build)

VERY Fast and Extremely clean 2003 SL55 AMG Roadster commissioned as a custom full build by Chris J. of Floored Fabrication in Arizona at his shop. This car is flawless inside and out, it has a custom clear bra, top of the line Llumar Ceramic tint, no nicks, scratches. or dings at all. Paint is in flawless condition. The car is Diamond Silver Metallic with charcoal leather interior and maple burled wood inserts and comes with Mercedes all weather floor mats. It has heated seats, auto sensor wipers, uses the new MB series keys (the chrome ones like the new cars have...not the old black ones), dual zone climate control, all the electronic power adjustable options on the seats, HID lighting and daytime running lights, and all the standard AMG features (bigger brakes, supercharged hand built engine etc..etc..).

The car has 67K miles but runs better than cars with much lower miles, all fluids serviced, dampers and ABC suspension in great shape, no SBC brake problems, Top works perfectly, new battery installed. Engine oil changed every 3.5K miles with Mobil 1 and BG MOA and 44K treatment applied at each oil change, all fluids synthetic, trans has been flushed properly, chassis bushings, control arms, joints, and sleeves properly lubricated at intervals.

It has an unlimited mileage Chrysler Service Contract (CSC) extended full coverage warranty through April 2014 which is 100% transferable to the new owner and comes with the car. This is the best warranty out there for the car – true bumper to bumper care no questions asked. The car runs perfectly and you have the peace of mind of the best warranty out there for these cars which you can no longer get for AMG cars.

The car is clean inside and out, clear title, No accidents, full records and service history included and a folder with each and every receipt, work history, everything I am a meticulous record keeper. Car also comes with original owner’s manual and related material.

The car is unique - the ONLY complete Chris Jannasch of Floored Fab SL55 AMG full build, he had the car in his shop in Arizona to do the build. It was extensive, took a year, and he’s likely not to do another one, the following are some of what has been done to this car:

- True Long tube custom floored fab designed and fabricate headers by Chris... custom mid section x-pipe and full exhaust w/ test pipes and with 200 Cel cat pipes also if you need to bolt those on... this is all Jet hot coated inside and out...setup sounds AWESOME!

- custom intake including filter boxes runners and Y-pipe, custom aluminum sheet metal tig welded then coated, it's a 3 piece part crafted by Chris

- Custom 82mm Throttle body with CNC machined bored S/C sleeve

- ASP custom (and very rare) 185mm Pulley

- dual I/C pumps, Front mount Heat exchanger and trunk mounted Remote Reservoir separated cooling circuit for Supercharger...custom setup by Chris with the hand fabricated tank under the trunk divider for easy access, the cooling loop ensures that the charger is operating effectively without ever getting into heat soak

- quaffe LSD

- MBArt toe link kit

- MBArt custom Adjustable Camber arms

- High performance BMC air filters

- SDS ride height adjusted and properly set up with the toe links and camber arms

- OE tuning engine management performance tune, done by Jeremy and ties the entire build together, the car really benefits from this tremendously and Jeremy is the best out there as many know from the cars he has tuned and their performance.

- comes with dyno charts - 509.2 hp/ 589.6 lb-ft TQ on Jeremy's Dyno Dynamics tuning dyno in California which reads approx. 20% lower than dynojet (equivalent numbers are 611.04 hp/ 727.52 Tq) AT THE REAR WHEELS!!! I am more than happy to dyno the car again at a dyno of the potential buyer’s choice with the potential buyer before purchase to verify the power the car is making, no problem.

- all new injectors done during the build

- High performance spark plugs per Chris' spec in the car as well.

- custom Single slat grille

Asking $60K USD o.b.o (negotiable on price if the buyer is serious) for the car as it comes with factory wheels and tires ....or it can be purchased with CCW 19" 505a wheels and wider 19" 245/295 tires (for an additional $3,000). Toyos are practically new and wheels are in excellent shape, no damage dents, curb rash or scratches.

You can also choose to get the new/never used CCW drag pack 16" rear with MT Street Drag Radials also available for additional cost ($2000) for Wheels and tires.

As for performance the car stock it did a 12.03 @115 mph on street tires (my sig below) that's before it went to Chris at Floored Fab! Chris built this car to run 10.xx and have the drivability of a daily driver, those two main goals were our objective in this build. I was going to run the car last year but waited on the toe links and camber arms to be made then by the end of the year I couldn't get the time off to run the car during our remaining 2 weekday rentals, then this year I got another car so put this one aside to sell.

Please contact me for price options, details, and more pictures. sunirghosal@hotmail.com or (202) 641 - 8211

Thank you very much for taking a look at my ad

Serious inquiries only.

Here is a full set of pictures:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/chriswa...57628975715661

Here are just a few teaser pics :

Old 03-02-2012, 04:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL55 AMG
Over 1000 views and not a single comment, cmon guys I am negotiable on price, and she's a great car...lets hear some offers worse I will do is negotiate back or say no
Old 03-05-2012, 09:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL55 AMG
Ok I realize this car may be priced on the high side if you are interested please contact me. I'm willing to work on the price don't let that push you away, if you're serious come see the car, drive it. As for the money, we can sort that out in a deal where we both walk away happy, no worries

I am flexible guys, make some reasonable offers...thanks
Old 03-05-2012, 10:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 58 Likes on 46 Posts
E55 2006 / CLS55 / S450 / Jag XKR2011
03 SL55 67K miles $60K its far far from fair price even to begin neg.
Mod does not bring too much the value of the car as we all know so.... A normal SL55 03 are about $35k GLWS
Old 03-06-2012, 02:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL55 AMG
Originally Posted by CharlyE500
03 SL55 67K miles $60K its far far from fair price even to begin neg.
Mod does not bring too much the value of the car as we all know so.... A normal SL55 03 are about $35k GLWS
I understand that, you do make a realistic point... figure on $35K plus lets say I get close to 50 cents on the dollar for mods we're talking $50K for the car, like I said I am up for negotiation...I just picked $60K as a high starting point to work down from. Plus byer gets a full warranty with the car...not many cars have a CSC, they are no longer offerered on AMG cars...

S
Old 03-09-2012, 06:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL55 AMG
Reduced to $55K and still open to offers and negotiating price.
Old 03-16-2012, 12:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL55 AMG
Bump ... Going onto eBay this weekend... Happy bidding!
Old 03-22-2012, 07:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL55 AMG
Up on ebay... do you guys thing autotrader, cars.com, or DuPont Registry would help? There is also the website GlobalAutosport.com who does postings on the net and has nice site.

My only concern is that this is a specialty vehicle in that it's modded...so where would I most likely attract a buyer who may be looking for this type of vehicle? Any thoughts? thanks
Old 03-23-2012, 03:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL55 AMG
PRICE REDUCED - $50,000
Old 04-05-2012, 12:26 AM

04 s600
Interested In a trade: https://mbworld.org/forums/mercedes-...us-custom.html
Old 04-05-2012, 04:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL55 AMG
Originally Posted by benzdreams9
That S600 is tempting for sure. I dunno at this point if I would consider trades, but I am not ruling it out. Why are you seling the car??
Old 04-05-2012, 10:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
SL55AMG, Ferrari 348, Ferrari Testarossa, Ferrari F40, Ferrari Mondial t, Ducati 916, Indycar
Sunir:

I'm sorry to see that you are selling your 55. They are great cars, and your car in particular is brilliant.

The problem with modded cars is the more one mods, the narrower the potential market becomes. You have to find the guy that wants exactly what you have done.

Most guys look at year-miles-price, which is foolish. A 70K mi car that has been loved and cared for, can be way better than a 30K mi car that has been neglected

Allot of people say they don't want the mods. The reality is that they don't want to pay for them. I put Veloce Performance together to supply 'bang for the buck' mods, as I figure we never (at least I), ever saw my money back from mods on my cars.

Your best bet would be to return the car to stock configuration and sell it that way. Assuming you saved the OEM stuff. Then sell the mods off.

I get allot of requests for SL55s. I'll ask a few of my clients. Maybe I can help.
Old 04-06-2012, 05:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL55 AMG
^^^ Thanks Dino...excellent points you bring up. At this point I am lowering the price just want it to go to a good home and an owner who appreciates the car, like you said the pool of potential buyers gets smaller with mods. Nevertheless I can only try, it sucks to let it go but I have a new car, don't need to front engine rear drive GT cars in the stable and need to make room for the incoming car. My car is flawless inside and out, drives perfect and is a blast to drive, I think the new owner will be very happy
Old 04-07-2012, 12:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 58 Likes on 46 Posts
E55 2006 / CLS55 / S450 / Jag XKR2011
Mods don't really add that much value in the car this days. Specially modding 55K engine is getting cheaper today. SL 03 is the first year of the model that has more issue such as gas tank..... Everyone can think their car worth X much but the reality your car is 9 years old and close to 68K miles. IMO, its worth no more than $40K. See, for myself, one day when my time comes to sell my E55, i would not even think the ECU tune and Header will add any value. Good luck !
Old 04-25-2012, 06:26 PM

E55
anyone know how to get intouch with Floored Fab? I am looking for contact information.
Old 04-25-2012, 06:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL55 AMG
Originally Posted by MikesE55
anyone know how to get intouch with Floored Fab? I am looking for contact information.
Yes...you can contact Chris at Floored Fabrication...please email me for details. thanks
Old 04-25-2012, 08:06 PM

E55
Hello I would like to contact Floored Fab, I have tried to find contact information but didnt come up with any thing. If you can help would appreciate it.
Old 04-25-2012, 09:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL55 AMG
^^^ just replied to your pm
Old 10-10-2012, 07:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL55 AMG
Price Reduced to $45K

For inquiries, please email me at sunirghosal@hotmail.com

Thanks for your interest again, I appreciate it...The car just passed thru PPI at Euromotorcars Mercedes Benz (Bethesda Maryland MB Dealership location) with flying colors on 10/8/12. All documentation provided as always with full papers & service history PLUS CSC Service contract Warranty, and more. This is a great car, one that you will really feel like you've made the right decision to buy. Please read the description above and check out the pics on flikr - the car is in mint condtion inside/out and runs just awesome! I also have video clips I can send along with answering any questions you may have.
Old 10-10-2012, 08:56 PM
Banned

SL55 AMG & BMW F10
Didn't read the whole thing, are you parting out at all?
Old 10-10-2012, 09:19 PM

2004 SL55
If you're willing to trade the exhaust + cash for my Meisterschaft, let me know.
Old 10-10-2012, 10:06 PM
Banned

SL55 AMG & BMW F10
Originally Posted by rlh23
If you're willing to trade the exhaust + cash for my Meisterschaft, let me know.
I'm interested in your intake and throttle body.
Old 10-10-2012, 10:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL55 AMG
Sorry not parting... Car is put together perfectly as it sits, each component working together and tied into the engine tune. You see how much I have in mods, hacking this car up would be terrible. One of you can buy her and then resell the mods, or you can buy it together pull the mods off that you want and resell the car and get your money back ... Upto you. It's not worth the trouble and heartache for me to part it out, I've put too much into this car.
Old 10-10-2012, 10:52 PM
Banned

SL55 AMG & BMW F10
Originally Posted by Sunir
Sorry not parting... Car is put together perfectly as it sits, each component working together and tied into the engine tune. You see how much I have in mods, hacking this car up would be terrible. One of you can buy her and then resell the mods, or you can buy it together pull the mods off that you want and resell the car and get your money back ... Upto you. It's not worth the trouble and heartache for me to part it out, I've put too much into this car.
No worries, just asking.
Old 10-11-2012, 04:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL55 AMG
A few of you could pool your money each and buy it then take all the mods off and return the car to stock and put it back on the market, sell it as stock and recoup your money back and in essence pay 30 cents on the dollar if even that for the mods which cost me an arm and a leg to have done!

if I wanted to mod a 55 that is what I'd do.

Lesson learned for me = NO more modding, waste of money

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 3.40 average.

Quick Reply: FS: Mercedes Benz SL55 AMG (Modded - FF build)