Mercedes Vehicles The archived section for Mercedes vehicles on sale by members.
Mark this thread as Unsold

FS:2005 E55 AMG 31K MILES NY

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-19-2012, 09:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
05 E55
FS:2005 E55 AMG 31K MILES NY

SOLD!
INTERIOR PHOTOS UPLOADED-SCROLL

Selling my 05 E55 AMG. Car is immaculate, very low miles, Virginia car. One owner before me. I purchased car a year ago. Refuse to drive it in any inclimate weather, and being in NY it is not getting driven. Gonna get back into something with AWD.

05, Pewter, Parktronic Comand navi, power rear sunshade, 6 Disk, Keyless Go, Black Birdseye Maple trim. 31000 miles. Car has no dents, no scratches through clear, very very minor evidence of highway wear on front. Exterior=9/10. Interior is friggin MINT. Only evidence the car has been occupied is Drivers seat and mat have slightest wear. No scratches or digs/cracks in leather. Truly minty. Have all my maint records and previous owner had all maint done through local MB in Virginia. Car was bone stock till a year ago when I purchased it at 27,200 miles. I have installed all mods and driven only 3800 miles since. Airmatic works perfectly. Car still has plastic under rear mats, and I have original window sticker to go with records. Took to the track one time ater getting pulley and tune. At Lebenon Valley (Crap track) with street tires at 43 PSI, I ran 12.1 at 119 with 2.0 60ft. I wanted to see what the car could do without having to throw on radials or drop pressure. Have timeslip also with records.

The Good:
-DCTMS DTM steering wheel perforated/smooth been on for 500 miles
-DCTMS SL55 Keyless Go shifter matchign perforated/smooth/500 miles
-UPD blower pulley
-EC ECU/TCU tunes
-Bosch 010 IC pump
-PLM Heat exchanger
-Carbon Fiber beast tubes
-TTM black Scoops
-BMC F1 filters
-Adjustable air ride lowering links
-Dealer Aligned with printout
-OEM CLS55 19x8.5/19x9.5 wheels with Nitto NT-05 245/275. 90% front 70% rear
-AMG flat hood badge
-Trans fluid/filter, and connector (one that leaks) replaced at dealer with updated o-rings
-Steering wheel SRS harness replaced under extended warranty at dealer with updated harness. (no worries of steering wheel SRS light)

-The bad:
-Car had drivers front fender replaced/repainted due to light damage. Deer ran into fender then took off. Carfax shows it. Can not tell car has been painted. Work was done through MB dealer by previous owner.
-Lack of traction? Lol.

Asking 28,500.00 with everything. Will entertain reasonable offers. If car doesn't sell by Oct 10th, it'll have to wait till January when I return from overseas.

Will respond to PM's nights, can't access at work.

Last edited by Helli217; 10-22-2012 at 09:03 PM. Reason: Interior pics
Old 09-19-2012, 11:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 423 Likes on 349 Posts
MB’s
Best of luck with sale! Where are you located in NY?
Old 09-20-2012, 05:38 AM

05 E55
Originally Posted by C280 Sport
Best of luck with sale! Where are you located in NY?
Thanks! Just outside of Albany, 2 hours upstate of NYC.
Old 09-20-2012, 04:39 PM

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts
SLS
Looks great! Good luck with the sale.
Old 09-20-2012, 09:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 92 Likes on 72 Posts
2012 C63 BS & 2014 E63 Estate & 2008 CLK63 BS
Wow that is a beautiful well done Pewter car.. Stunning!
Old 09-20-2012, 09:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
3-five-five/ TUNDRA/ 07 997 cab
Another good looking pewter car! Did you ever fix the exhaust leak? If I remember correctly, you were just going to put headers on.
Old 09-21-2012, 02:08 AM

CURRENT: CLS550 SOLD: PANAMERA S SOLD: CL63 SOLD:PEWTIFUL E55 "NATASHA"
Let me know if you are going to part anything or swap.
Old 09-21-2012, 08:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 55 Likes on 46 Posts
CLS550 4Matic, C43, E350, ML350
Sell me the wheels back
Old 09-21-2012, 10:30 AM

05 E55
Originally Posted by GrnLantern
Looks great! Good luck with the sale.
Thanks!!

Originally Posted by AKnight55
Wow that is a beautiful well done Pewter car.. Stunning!
Means alot brother, your pewter is one of the nastiest. E63 front was nxt after seeing your car, but at this point it makes sense for me to have something I can use. The car is not getting driven enough.

Originally Posted by emoving
Another good looking pewter car! Did you ever fix the exhaust leak? If I remember correctly, you were just going to put headers on.
Thanks Marcus, appreciate it. I had it checked out when I brought the car in for the SRS harness recall. The tech I always request is a guy who grew up with me. Genius mechanic and the only one I trust. He laughed at me and told me I worry too much...said there's no exhaust leak and the car is fine-just the normal 113K noises. Subsequently I've listened to about 10 113k's that are also healthy and they sounded the same. I was being a puss. (I'm nutty about my cars and try to convince myself issues when there is none on a regular basis)

Originally Posted by wastedyolk
Let me know if you are going to part anything or swap.
I'll keep ya in mind. I most likely won't part for awhile. If it doesn't sell by Oct 10-12th, it'll be going in storage anyway while I deploy until january. I'm not in a crunch to sell it yet.

Originally Posted by djrabbi
Sell me the wheels back
!! Lol. Love those wheels. Unfort the original 18's are not in condition to sell on the car. If I get them reconditioned before the car sells I may swap them and let you know!
Old 09-21-2012, 11:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Yea, they are noisy engines by nature. Funny the first one I ever had made noise and had me scared then, 4 113s later, I realized it was the norm. Let me know if you get closer to the lower mid 20s and I will buy it. Been sniffing around these again.
Old 09-21-2012, 12:16 PM

2005 A4 USP
Beautiful car. A tad out of my price range, and I wouldn't insult you with an offer that you would probably think is low, so like emoving said, throw it up on here if you wanna get in the lower-mid 20's.
Old 09-21-2012, 07:16 PM

05 E55
Yea, they are noisy engines by nature. Funny the first one I ever had made noise and had me scared then, 4 113s later, I realized it was the norm. Let me know if you get closer to the lower mid 20s and I will buy it. Been sniffing around these again.
Originally Posted by CMM913
Beautiful car. A tad out of my price range, and I wouldn't insult you with an offer that you would probably think is low, so like emoving said, throw it up on here if you wanna get in the lower-mid 20's.
Sounds good fellas. Considering the miles, condition and current market, the price isn't unfair, but i would come down a little. Fact is I'd have to get what I owe, and other than that I'm not in a bind where I have to get rid of the car. If someone came with 27,500 like this week, I would take it. If not, unfort it'll have to sit until I get back from deployment. Thanks for the interest and compliments!
These really are awesome cars, if I didn't live in the northeast and didn't feel the need for two winter worthy vehicles I would keep it. Buying a beater though just isn't my style. I can't bring myself to drive a POS.
I'm gonna miss making my passengers sick though for sure.
Old 09-22-2012, 02:58 PM

05 E55
Interior pics bump.
Old 09-22-2012, 05:07 PM

Audi A6
I want this so bad, but it's too old for a 3rd party warranty. Plus with the mods I don't know if anyone will warranty it.
Old 09-22-2012, 06:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by rsdesai
I want this so bad, but it's too old for a 3rd party warranty. Plus with the mods I don't know if anyone will warranty it.
You are right about the warranty. When they do the pre-inspection for the warranty they will catch that.

What is the possibility of taking the UPD pully off and returning that portion back to stock? I am a little worried about that product. The CarFax scares me too because people get real freaked out by a bad Carfax. I am close to pulling the trigger on this car though.
Old 09-22-2012, 06:36 PM

Audi A6
You are right about the warranty. When they do the pre-inspection for the warranty they will catch that.

What is the possibility of taking the UPD pully off and returning that portion back to stock? I am a little worried about that product. The CarFax scares me too because people get real freaked out by a bad Carfax. I am close to pulling the trigger on this car though.

They'll notice the mods or the age of the car?
Old 09-22-2012, 09:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

They'll notice the mods or the age of the car?
mods.......im pretty sure the age of the car is obvious!
Old 09-22-2012, 09:42 PM

05 E55
The the stock clutch/pulley comes with the car. I also have the stock heat exchanger too I think..But regardless, everything I have goes with it. I probably won't remove the pulley because it has the tune for it, I have too busy a timeline before I leave to pull it and find time to schedule the retune, also some buyers may want the pulley installed. So basically, it comes with UPD and stock. If you want, go back to stock and sell the UPD. Recup 5-hundo.

About the carfax, I felt the same way, but the car was so mint I went to see it anyway. When I saw the paint match, and the uniformity of finish, and the condition and miles on the car I jumped on it. Was too fresh to pass up. Most cars in the same price range at the time had 60k or more miles. Eff that. The way I looked at it, the actual event of the accident and extent of the damage was important. The fact that it was just a fender replace/repaint and the fact that the car was WAY nicer than every other E55 I had looked at, sold me. Most cars i looked at were peppered on the front end from highway debris, windshields were peppered, and there were many fine scratches all over the place, and I'm ****. Rather have a pristine car with a repainted fender than a roached car with clear history.
EDIT* Also including stock intake snorkels. The stock front rubber scoop pieces have to be cut off for TTM scoops so they are no longer usable. But, the car can be made to look stock with everything else.

Last edited by Helli217; 09-22-2012 at 10:01 PM.
Old 09-22-2012, 11:53 PM

Audi A6
Originally Posted by Helli217
The the stock clutch/pulley comes with the car. I also have the stock heat exchanger too I think..But regardless, everything I have goes with it. I probably won't remove the pulley because it has the tune for it, I have too busy a timeline before I leave to pull it and find time to schedule the retune, also some buyers may want the pulley installed. So basically, it comes with UPD and stock. If you want, go back to stock and sell the UPD. Recup 5-hundo.

About the carfax, I felt the same way, but the car was so mint I went to see it anyway. When I saw the paint match, and the uniformity of finish, and the condition and miles on the car I jumped on it. Was too fresh to pass up. Most cars in the same price range at the time had 60k or more miles. Eff that. The way I looked at it, the actual event of the accident and extent of the damage was important. The fact that it was just a fender replace/repaint and the fact that the car was WAY nicer than every other E55 I had looked at, sold me. Most cars i looked at were peppered on the front end from highway debris, windshields were peppered, and there were many fine scratches all over the place, and I'm ****. Rather have a pristine car with a repainted fender than a roached car with clear history.
EDIT* Also including stock intake snorkels. The stock front rubber scoop pieces have to be cut off for TTM scoops so they are no longer usable. But, the car can be made to look stock with everything else.
What about the wheels? Do you have the stock ones? I'll know by Monday. I think I want to get this car.
Old 09-23-2012, 06:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

What about the wheels? Do you have the stock ones? I'll know by Monday. I think I want to get this car.
If you really want a 55 and you have the money and you pass on this one....you are ! This is a great deal on what looks to be a SUPER clean car. If I had not already had 4 of these car, I would pay asking for this one.
Old 09-23-2012, 09:26 AM

05 E55
I have the stock wheels, but they would need to be repainted. 3 are silver and one is gunmetal. Besides needing repaint they have BRAND NEW nitto NT555R tires on them in stock size. I was going to have these refinished and then post for sale separately, but if you want them maybe we can work them into the deal.
Old 09-23-2012, 01:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 92 Likes on 72 Posts
2012 C63 BS & 2014 E63 Estate & 2008 CLK63 BS
I want that steering wheel!
Old 09-23-2012, 01:24 PM

Audi A6
Originally Posted by Helli217
I have the stock wheels, but they would need to be repainted. 3 are silver and one is gunmetal. Besides needing repaint they have BRAND NEW nitto NT555R tires on them in stock size. I was going to have these refinished and then post for sale separately, but if you want them maybe we can work them into the deal.
Okay cool. I will let you know either way tomorrow. Thanks!
Old 09-23-2012, 02:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Go buy a new one big mouth!
Old 09-23-2012, 06:11 PM

05 E55
Yes my friend, what a difference it makes. That stock wheel doesn't deserve to be in an AMG let alone the Beast. What a piece of crap. It was the ONLY thing in this car that didn't look brand new. That wheel is arguably the best mod I did to this car. Along with the shifter, I love them both.

Okay cool. I will let you know either way tomorrow. Thanks!
Sounds good man! I'd love for a fellow enthusiast that will take care of it and enjoy it. Some people I've sold cars to I knew were going to treat them like dirt. Makes me cringe.

Go buy a new one big mouth!
lol

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: FS:2005 E55 AMG 31K MILES NY