ML55 AMG, ML63 AMG (W163, W164) 1999 - 2011 Two Generations

sprintbooster

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-28-2007, 01:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML63, Audi s4 cab, SL 55 (sold)
sprintbooster

Message for sirees, is the sprintbooster part no BDD451A ? Just about to order one, is it easy to fit? How are you getting on with it now its been fitted a while?

Sorry about the direct thread, Has anyone else got experience with sprintbooster?
Old 03-28-2007, 03:23 AM

CL 600 Bi-Turbo
not sure on the part # P4MER as I don't have the box any more.
here's the guy I got mine from on e-bay
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Sprintbooster-...QQcmdZViewItem
I told hime what year & model my car was & he sent the appropriate Sprintbooster.

Fitting was easy thanks to EX-BEEMER's superb tutorial

Trust me, the car feels complete after this install.
Driving it is Sport mode is now a blast & delivers instant power, I find the Comfort mode better for slow city driving.

It will be the best £160 you will ever spend.
Old 03-28-2007, 06:36 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
O/T

im after changing the exhaust; it dont sound like a 6.3....
Old 03-28-2007, 08:51 AM

'08 SL550 Sport, '11 BMW 550ix M sport
Originally Posted by P4MER
Message for sirees, is the sprintbooster part no BDD451A ? Just about to order one, is it easy to fit? How are you getting on with it now its been fitted a while?

Sorry about the direct thread, Has anyone else got experience with sprintbooster?
P4MER, Yes that is the correct part number. Try it out and you won't be disappointed. I've had mine installed for over a month now and I'm still loving the enhancement.

If you do buy one, let me know and I'll happily re-post the photos from my install.
Old 03-28-2007, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by d8ean
O/T

im after changing the exhaust; it dont sound like a 6.3....
What after market exhausts are available ?
Old 03-28-2007, 10:51 AM

What after market exhausts are available ?
nothing at the mo i dont think; looking to keep it looking stock but with some omre growl

maybe miltek / esiseman will do one soon
Old 03-28-2007, 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by EX-BEEMER
P4MER, Yes that is the correct part number. Try it out and you won't be disappointed. I've had mine installed for over a month now and I'm still loving the enhancement.

If you do buy one, let me know and I'll happily re-post the photos from my install.
Thanks EB, found your original pics sent to sirees and he found them very useful. Ordered my SB cant wait for it to arrive, now had my 63 for a month and ive noticed that i really have to floor it to get any power, looking forward to an improvement!
Old 03-28-2007, 01:30 PM

nothing at the mo i dont think; looking to keep it looking stock but with some omre growl

maybe miltek / esiseman will do one soon
Id like to do the same, the only thing that would concern me would be affecting the warranty! Let me know if you here of any exhaust mods.
Old 03-28-2007, 02:29 PM
Banned

Cobra/E55
I'm hoping to become a SB dealer very very shortly.
Old 03-28-2007, 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by StealthAuto
I'm hoping to become a SB dealer very very shortly.
That'd be a very good idea! So far it's a very cool product...

It'll be nice to have a US distributor. I'll send folk your way.
Old 03-29-2007, 04:57 AM

Id like to do the same, the only thing that would concern me would be affecting the warranty! Let me know if you here of any exhaust mods.
cant see it affecting the warrenty; i've changed numorous exhausts on cars and never had a problem, im only looking at changing the back box; im not doing racing cat cells etc etc - maybe i use to a car being loud considering my other ride is a challenge stradale
Old 03-29-2007, 05:14 AM

cant see it affecting the warrenty; i've changed numorous exhausts on cars and never had a problem, im only looking at changing the back box; im not doing racing cat cells etc etc - maybe i use to a car being loud considering my other ride is a challenge stradale
I agree let me know if you here of anything.
Old 03-31-2007, 05:32 AM

sprintbooster fitted ! cannot believe the difference

A completely different car!

Thanks to other members for recommending it
Old 03-31-2007, 05:34 AM

CL 600 Bi-Turbo
great news did the install go to plan ?

easy on the throttle now
Old 03-31-2007, 05:47 AM

Originally Posted by sirees01
great news did the install go to plan ?

easy on the throttle now
Yes dead easy to fit, 20 minutes-£165 and wow what a different car!
Now there is a huge difference between sport and comfort, dont think ill be leaving it in sport all the time now!
Old 03-31-2007, 05:51 AM

CL 600 Bi-Turbo
I agree, sport mode is really aggresive driving now - comfort is great round town. Sprintbooster has to be the BEST MOD EVER for so little money
Old 03-31-2007, 06:51 AM

AMG ML63, M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe, New Audi TT, Audi R8 (coming)
Well, another 'High Five' to EX-BEEMER

I eventually decided to buy a SprintBooster and see what all the fuss was about. It took me and my son around 30 mins to fit, following EX-BEEMER's instructions to the letter and I cautiously took her out for a drive to see what was what.

As I suspected it's rather like the SPORT button on my M3 CSL and Z4M, although at low revs it is still perfectly driveable. Driving off from cold it seems a little eager to kick down and initially I wondered if it would be a little too much of a good thing, but as the engine warmed this became less obvious.

You may already have noticed that when the engine warms up the throttle response becomes a little sluggish, so fitting the SprintBooster counters this tendency and keeps the same kind of responsiveness as when the engine is cold. I used to find that when driving in traffic, the throttle was a little sluggish initially and when I tried to close a gap the engine would pick up quicker than I intended and I would be heading towards the car in front and needing to immediately lift off. Now it's just easy to brush the throttle, close the gap and not be aprehensive of a late surge in acceleration.

The throttle is much more sensitive so if you're used to driving around in boots and mashing the pedal as you please then it may take you some time to adjust to this change.

I have only driven it 20 mins, so will let you know how it drives like over a longer journey.

I drove it in 'C' all of the time and felt this was plenty responsive without going near 'S', maybe when I drive it next time I will try that.

But biggest surprise came when selecting 'M'...... "Mein Gott, es ist gut!!"

I have been previously pretty dissapointed with 'M' mode, the buttons on the steering don't respond quite when asked to and the process of acceleration just does not 'flow' like it does for instance in my SMG equipped M3 CSL. But now with the sprint booster, the break in acceleration is even shorter, the acceleration is endless and it's so easy to cover ground with minimal effort.

I will definitely be driving in 'M' mode a lot more from now on. In all seriousness I would estimate it has taken a few tenths off the acceleration times, so in calling it 'SprintBooster' I would say it does exactly what it says.

Overall I always felt that the ML63 was fast enough, but this just makes it feel like a 511bhp vehicle most of the time and makes it easier to drive in traffic.

As has already been said, for £150 or $300, it really is a very simple and economical way to make your ML63 quicker in the real world.
Old 06-02-2007, 12:54 AM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
2020 GT 63s, 2020 G63, 2018 GTR, 2020 Ferrari Pista Spider, Ferrari 2018 812 SF, Ferrari 2019 Lusso

I just had my sprinter booster delivered. But the install instructions I recieved was for a link for the CLS 63 and looking the the ML 63's accel assembely and it is some what different. Do you have the instructions for the ML 63's install handy?

Thxs
Old 06-04-2007, 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by spyderman
I just had my sprinter booster delivered. But the install instructions I recieved was for a link for the CLS 63 and looking the the ML 63's accel assembely and it is some what different. Do you have the instructions for the ML 63's install handy?

Thxs
Sorry for the delay in reply... I was at the Lake all weekend. See this thread for instructions...

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w164...t-booster.html
Old 06-04-2007, 12:04 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
2020 GT 63s, 2020 G63, 2018 GTR, 2020 Ferrari Pista Spider, Ferrari 2018 812 SF, Ferrari 2019 Lusso
Sorry for the delay in reply... I was at the Lake all weekend. See this thread for instructions...

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w164...t-booster.html

Thank you for the help.