ML55 AMG, ML63 AMG (W163, W164) 1999 - 2011 Two Generations

A Bad Day w/ the ML

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-20-2007, 11:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
01 ML55, 05 Jaguar X type, 05 mini Cooper convertible, 03 VW Eurovan
A Bad Day w/ the ML

Today was less than stellar. I was parked at the shop that welded the exhaust for me checking if I had round or flat end springs to get the right ones ordered when BANG the truck moves about an inch along with a scraping noise. The guy parked next to me cut it too sharp, hit my truck, stopped to look, then took off. The dumb *** had just had his car inspected so not only were there two witnesses, we had all his information. After calling the locals for a police report they went to the guys house and confronted him. He decides to pull the "I'm old and didn't know I did it" card. The douche starts giving me a hard time for worrying about such a small problem. I am supposed to understand he doesn't have insurance and can't afford to pay for the damage. NICE!!! Honestly if he would have stopped after knowingly hitting it I probably would just blow it off but this really pissed me off.

Hopefully tomorrow is a better day.

Steve
Old 07-20-2007, 11:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by shikzachaser
Today was less than stellar. I was parked at the shop that welded the exhaust for me checking if I had round or flat end springs to get the right ones ordered when BANG the truck moves about an inch along with a scraping noise. The guy parked next to me cut it too sharp, hit my truck, stopped to look, then took off. The dumb *** had just had his car inspected so not only were there two witnesses, we had all his information. After calling the locals for a police report they went to the guys house and confronted him. He decides to pull the "I'm old and didn't know I did it" card. The douche starts giving me a hard time for worrying about such a small problem. I am supposed to understand he doesn't have insurance and can't afford to pay for the damage. NICE!!! Honestly if he would have stopped after knowingly hitting it I probably would just blow it off but this really pissed me off.

Hopefully tomorrow is a better day.

Steve
Sorry to hear that . Hope everything gets fixed soon
Old 07-21-2007, 05:48 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
06 CLS55, 07 997TT, 07 ML63, 10 X6M, 11 Alpina B7, 12 997TTS, 13 G63, 13 MP4-12C
If I were you I would sue till he pay with the last penny he owned. He got a car, a house and since he is old he might even have casket waiting already that can be auction off to pay for the damage. If he has to live on the street then so be it. No insurance does not mean no liability, it just means damages comes out of his own pocket instead of the insurance company. This kind of behaviour cannot be tolerated nor encouraged, someone has to set an example.
Old 07-21-2007, 08:11 AM

Out on the street is a little harsh for a dent and I hate to take away his casket but I really don't feel like paying myself. I'm just glad we were there to see it or he would have simply hit me, stopped to make sure, then left never to be heard from again. The thing that really pissed me off was using the "old guy" card to the police, he knew exactly what was going on. All he would have had to do was appologize and tell me he could not afford to fix it, offer something / anything, and I would have eaten it. I had somebody hit the rear end of my 911 a few years ago and do over $2800 in damage then take off. I never did find him / her. Fortunately hit and run does not go against my insurance and I was only out the deductable.

Steve

Last edited by Speakerdude; 07-21-2007 at 08:16 AM.
Old 07-21-2007, 03:16 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
00 MB ML55, 91 Toyota Supra Turbo(sold), 06 E500(gone), 03 BMW M3
I still say sue the guy... or maybe lodge a potato in his tail pipe... if he's old he wont notice that either.
Old 07-22-2007, 08:42 AM

Looks like all will turn out fine. The local police got hold of him and he has the same insurance company that I do. Fortunately it's not too bad.

Steve
Old 07-22-2007, 09:53 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 E55
In Dallas if someone is involved in an accident w/o insurance, his car gets towed. That would be an incentive to have liability. Glad it is all working out for the better.
Old 07-22-2007, 02:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Currently on foot.
Out on the street is a little harsh for a dent and I hate to take away his casket but I really don't feel like paying myself. I'm just glad we were there to see it or he would have simply hit me, stopped to make sure, then left never to be heard from again. The thing that really pissed me off was using the "old guy" card to the police, he knew exactly what was going on. All he would have had to do was appologize and tell me he could not afford to fix it, offer something / anything, and I would have eaten it. I had somebody hit the rear end of my 911 a few years ago and do over $2800 in damage then take off. I never did find him / her. Fortunately hit and run does not go against my insurance and I was only out the deductable.

Steve
You are so right and sound like a decent person for having that attitude. I do agree with going after him if at all possible just because of HIS attitude!!

It's ironic how the older of us like to say the "younger people today have no respect" and then even an older person can have no integrity or sense of responsibility as has happened here!

If you CAN "go after" him, do so, Even if it's only on principle. No reason to feel bad as he should have had more respect for another person and that person's property! You have something nice and don't deserve someone destroying that on you.

Take care and I truly hope things go better for you.
Old 07-22-2007, 09:25 PM

Today was better w/ the ML. I got my granddaughter, wife, picked up great grand pa, and we all went to a large county fair outside of St Louis. The ML has gotta be the best vehicle I have ever owned for just throwing people and stuff in and still feeling like you have a real performance vehicle. We had to park in a field w/ everybody else and it always used to freak me out w/ one of the Porsches. I just point the ML and press the right foot down, it's great. They really get a lot of underserved flak for poor build quality, etc. I just wish I had bought one sooner. These have to be the ultimate sleeper.

Steve
Old 07-23-2007, 04:44 AM

Currently on foot.
Good for you Steve.

I'm glad you had a good day. It's nice for a change sometimes to hear good people having fun. Have a great day today and every day.

Thanks.
Old 07-23-2007, 10:34 AM

All of them!
The ML has gotta be the best vehicle I have ever owned for just throwing people and stuff in and still feeling like you have a real performance vehicle.
. They really get a lot of underserved flak for poor build quality, etc. I just wish I had bought one sooner. These have to be the ultimate sleeper.

Steve
Old 07-23-2007, 07:01 PM

All you guys w/ 3-4-5 Benzes are starting to freak me out. I know a lot of dudes (me included) that have or had multiple BMWs and Porsches but I really am impressed with the AMG thing. I literally am trying to figure out to break it to my wife that we should sell the M3 and pick up an E55 or something around that price. It's her Birthday today so I will be waiting a few days.

Steve
Old 07-23-2007, 09:17 PM

All of them!
All you guys w/ 3-4-5 Benzes are starting to freak me out. I know a lot of dudes (me included) that have or had multiple BMWs and Porsches but I really am impressed with the AMG thing. I literally am trying to figure out to break it to my wife that we should sell the M3 and pick up an E55 or something around that price. It's her Birthday today so I will be waiting a few days.

Steve
They can be addictive lol. Next thing you know, well, you see.

Good luck getting your baby healed up soon. I wish they'd throw the book at the SOB. He If he didn't know he hit tyour ML he shouldn't be driving.
Old 07-26-2007, 12:56 AM

ML55

Steve
I think it's pretty easy to end up with 3, 4, 5 cars. If I see a good deal on an E55/C55 I'll probably end up getting one within the next year..