ML55 AMG, ML63 AMG (W163, W164) 1999 - 2011 Two Generations

Trading ml63 after 1 year

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-04-2008, 04:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML63, Audi s4 cab, SL 55 (sold)
Trading ml63 after 1 year

Just about to trade ml after 1 year,15000 miles. I cannot praise this car enough ! I have had totally trouble free miles and have seriously enjoyed the car .
Its just that i trade quite often due to looking for more excitement .
Sorry in advance for directing a question at Whoopsey but think im trading to 997tt cab, would love to hear your opinion of the car as i know you own both.Its quite a big decision for me here in the uk as 997 is $240,000 us !!
Old 02-04-2008, 01:36 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
06 CLS55, 07 997TT, 07 ML63, 10 X6M, 11 Alpina B7, 12 997TTS, 13 G63, 13 MP4-12C
I had the 997TT first, then comes the ML63 2 months later, I had just over 9000km on the TT and close to 15000km on the ML63. Kinda tells you which one I prefer to drives daily

Anyway the TT is a fantastic car, if excitement is what you look for, then look no farther than the TT. The rush of the turbos kicking in is unreal Traction in all kinds of weather is superb and I even had it out in the snow a few times last year, on PS2s.

TT cab in UK? PERFECT FIT for the weather

Jokes aside, the TT isn't perfect, there are a few shortcomings, but nothing aftermarket can't fix. Any of the Porsche steering wheels imo are inferior to the one in the ML63, but a TechArt one will change that. In stock form the exhaust is a bit too mellow, but there are like 5-6 different aftermarket choices to enhance the sound. There is also no build-in bluetooth but a Tooki kit will intergrate it nicely to the PCM. I had all of these and it amounts to another ~8 grand of mods.

None of the above are major no-nos and about the only problem of getting a TTcab is actually finding one for sale and swallowing the not so small price tag.
Old 02-04-2008, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by Whoopsy
I had the 997TT first, then comes the ML63 2 months later, I had just over 9000km on the TT and close to 15000km on the ML63. Kinda tells you which one I prefer to drives daily

Anyway the TT is a fantastic car, if excitement is what you look for, then look no farther than the TT. The rush of the turbos kicking in is unreal Traction in all kinds of weather is superb and I even had it out in the snow a few times last year, on PS2s.

TT cab in UK? PERFECT FIT for the weather

Jokes aside, the TT isn't perfect, there are a few shortcomings, but nothing aftermarket can't fix. Any of the Porsche steering wheels imo are inferior to the one in the ML63, but a TechArt one will change that. In stock form the exhaust is a bit too mellow, but there are like 5-6 different aftermarket choices to enhance the sound. There is also no build-in bluetooth but a Tooki kit will intergrate it nicely to the PCM. I had all of these and it amounts to another ~8 grand of mods.

None of the above are major no-nos and about the only problem of getting a TTcab is actually finding one for sale and swallowing the not so small price tag.
Thankyou for your comments on the 997 i really appreciate it .Today i test drove a 997tt coupe and was amazed by its incredible performance, i`ve now decided on the coupe over the cab because the lines are so much better . The rear 1/4 lines on the cab look a bit strange ! Also you are absolutely right about the weather here in england it certainly isn`t the sunniest climate.

Once again thankyou for your kind response
Old 02-04-2008, 04:26 PM

ML63 & AMV8 & DBS Volante
Originally Posted by P4MER
Just about to trade ml after 1 year,15000 miles.
That's a shame. ML63 owners seem a little short on the ground in the UK from what I've seen...Anyway, enjoy your new purchase whatever it may be.

As for me, I've just taken ownership of a 1 year old ML to save the miles on the Aston and have, what I believe, to now be the perfect garage

Steve
Old 02-04-2008, 05:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'08 M5, '10 Land Cruiser
Originally Posted by Steve_B
That's a shame. ML63 owners seem a little short on the ground in the UK from what I've seen...Anyway, enjoy your new purchase whatever it may be.

As for me, I've just taken ownership of a 1 year old ML to save the miles on the Aston and have, what I believe, to now be the perfect garage

Steve
That is a nice stable. Get your AM to prodrive for the official 420bhp tune. You don't want your SUV to be faster
Old 02-04-2008, 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by Carl Lassiter
That is a nice stable. Get your AM to prodrive for the official 420bhp tune. You don't want your SUV to be faster
Already covered Carl, have letter of intent in for the V12 Vantage due out, fingers crossed, in 2009

Steve
Old 02-06-2008, 03:33 AM

Originally Posted by Steve_B

Steve
Congratulations on your ml purchase great car !

If you dont mind me asking what did you pay for it and whats the spec because mine is an absolutely fully loaded 07 with 15000 miles and have been offered only £57k for it against £120k porshe.

Thats £22k lost in 11 months!!
Looks like i`ll be keeping ML !
Old 02-08-2008, 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by P4MER
Congratulations on your ml purchase great car !

If you dont mind me asking what did you pay for it and whats the spec because mine is an absolutely fully loaded 07 with 15000 miles and have been offered only £57k for it against £120k porshe.

Thats £22k lost in 11 months!!
Looks like i`ll be keeping ML !
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but I only bought it for £54k (20k miles) which was the trade-in value. Originally, in December 06, I have an invoice that shows that my car was bought for £84k..... Not sure whether to insert a or a but I guess that's down to whether you're a buyer or seller.

Same colour btw.....keep it, you know you'll miss it and now having suffered that initial depreciation why take that loss for someone else to avoid?

Good Luck
Steve

edited to add pic

Last edited by Steve_B; 02-08-2008 at 07:35 PM.