x6 50 vs ml63

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-01-2008, 11:08 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking x6 50 vs ml63

hey guys

if someone is able to make such run plz do the video. i have a bet with bimmer fanatic ... but have no x6 50 to race with

i think the result will be dramatic for the bimmer
Old 06-01-2008, 11:40 AM

07 ML63 Silver Dead at 85k, 14 RS5, 05 SL600
Unhappy no x6 yet.

The X6 5.0 is not available here yet
Old 06-01-2008, 08:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

08 S65, 06 M3 CS(stick), 02 BMW X5 4.6iS, 07 R1 Raven, 08 F-450 4x4, 08 CooperS JCW
The comparision test will reveal this:

-The ML63 wins easily in a straight line
-The X6 wins easily in the twists (I know the ML63 may be good for a SUV but they say the X6 handling is revolutionary compared to any SUV before it inc, X5iS, ML63, CayenneTT w/PDCC)

ML63 wins overall as the X6 is HIDEOUS
Old 06-02-2008, 05:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EFF YOU JACKIE
Originally Posted by transferred
The comparision test will reveal this:

-The ML63 wins easily in a straight line
-The X6 wins easily in the twists (I know the ML63 may be good for a SUV but they say the X6 handling is revolutionary compared to any SUV before it inc, X5iS, ML63, CayenneTT w/PDCC)

ML63 wins overall as the X6 is HIDEOUS
+1
Old 06-04-2008, 05:49 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1961 Mercedes-Benz 190SL and 2016 BMW X5M
M-B ML63 AMB vs. BMW X6 (Various thoughts)

As a member/contributer to both this forum and another forum called "X5World", the following may be of interest to some here. I recently posted the following on the X5World forum in a similar thread that was discussing some of the shortcomings of the new X6:

AVB-AMG

As the previous owner of two BMW X5's (2001 & 2004), and the current owner of a 2007 M-B ML63 AMG, as well as the occasional driver of my wife's 2007 BMW 335ci (sport pkg.), I wonder just what the real advantage may be with the new BMW X6 and who this vehicle will appeal to. Probably far fewer people than BMW originally hoped for, in all likelihood. I tend to agree with the forum member who recently stated: "The new BMW X6 is the answer to a question that nobody asked...."

I disagree with Steved. From what I have seen so far of the X6, it definitely does not have more cargo capacity than the ML63. Plus, for the few times that one does need to have the vertical clearance for bulky items, boxes, etc. the taller rear cargo area of the ML63 and X5 are truly appreciated. Also, the rear visibility via the rear view mirror thru the sloped rear glass lid on the X6 is really compressed and becomes a real safety issue. It is as bad as that of the convertible BMW 6-series with the top up, which is comical.

I really wanted to like the X6 but so far I am disappointed and find it a bit strange that BMW would create this vehicle with such little actual utility. For someone who has no problem rationalizing many things when it comes to selecting automobiles, the X6 is just beyond my ability to justify a purchase of one. I am 6ft tall and when I sat in the back seat of the X6, I only had one finger's width, (about 5/8") space between the top of my head and the headliner. When driving the X6 over any bumps the tall passengers in the rear seat will most definitely bounce and hit their heads on the roof!

I will reserve my opinion on the driving qualities of the X6 until I actually have a chance to test drive one in the near future. At this point though, I would be very surprised, actually amazed, if it comes close to the thrilling acceleration and pure fun of driving the ML63, which in my opinion is currently the best SAV sold, combing attractive aesthetics, hand-built AMG powerhouse engine and almost all of the features/options that can be had on either a BMW X5 or X6. Until the gasoline powered Twin Turbo V8 appears in the upcoming X5, the ML63 AMG is still the best combination of fun sporty (handling and acceleration) and utility (actual functionality for fitting people and their stuff) available. (I really don't like the looks of the original or face-lifted Porsche Cayenne Turbo S..... Then again, the face-lifted ML63 also does not do much for me, other than the new LED tail lights)

As far as driving either vehicle off-road, I think it is rather silly since neither were truly designed for this capability, regardless of any marketing claims by either BMW or M-B. Most sane drivers, (which probably excludes me.....), will never seriously take either vehicle off-road, unless they absolutely have to. Gravel roads are fine, but anything less accommodating with more potholes, ruts,etc. is foolish. Why risk damage to these expense vehicles doing that? That is what Jeeps and are for....

The X6 will in most instances appeal to a very small group of people who want and must have something new and different, but will then probably grow tired of its obvious shortcomings. (OK, the same can be said about the ML63 AMG and is also true....). Yet BMW states that it plans to build approx.20,000 X6's for US distribution vs. M-B only buiding a handfull of the ML63 AMG's, less than 1,000 for the US market in 2007. Having said all of this: to each their own....

In any event, we should all enjoy these BMW and M-B V-8 powered SAV vehicles now because in the not-to-distant future, we will all be driving much smaller, less powerful more fuel-efficient vehicles, either by our choice, (sanity sets in...), or governmental rules will require it, since both the ML63 and BMW X6 V8 are not even close to being fuel conserving transportation.

Anyone else's thoughts on comparing these two niche vehicles?

AVB-AMG
Old 06-04-2008, 06:11 PM

2007 ML63 ///AMG
Originally Posted by AVB-AMG
I tend to agree with the forum member who recently stated: "The new BMW X6 is the answer to a question that nobody asked...."
Perfect.
Old 06-16-2008, 12:07 PM
kip

E55
Originally Posted by alex_butheman
hey guys

if someone is able to make such run plz do the video. i have a bet with bimmer fanatic ... but have no x6 50 to race with

i think the result will be dramatic for the bimmer
Here are fresh roadandtrack results:
x6 0-60 4.8 0-100 12.5 1/4 13.4@102.8
http://www.roadandtrack.com/assets/d...T_BMWX6_dp.pdf

ml63 0-60 4.5 0-100 11.2 1/4 13.0@108

http://www.roadandtrack.com/article....rticle_id=4647
Old 06-17-2008, 12:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EFF YOU JACKIE
Originally Posted by kip
Here are fresh roadandtrack results:
x6 0-60 4.8 0-100 12.5 1/4 13.4@102.8
http://www.roadandtrack.com/assets/d...T_BMWX6_dp.pdf

ml63 0-60 4.5 0-100 11.2 1/4 13.0@108

http://www.roadandtrack.com/article....rticle_id=4647
I'd be interested to see a "real world" result.
Old 06-24-2008, 09:13 AM
kip

E55
Originally Posted by ldangeli
I'd be interested to see a "real world" result.
Me too, but what really is "real world"? Is it the videos where the Bmw owners allways win in their videos or the Mb videos where the Mb's always win on youtube. Because I aint seen a lot of posts by car owners where they show a video of them losing badly to a faster car. Just do a little search on m5messageboard where you dont see any video of a Mb winning. Even a S65 lost to the BMW's. Is that real world??? I also havent seen any videos posted on Mbworld by Mb driveres where Bmw owners win...

The closest you get to real world is compareble tests by the same car magazine at the same place...

Just my opinnion on the matter:

Car videos filmed without any knowledge of tuning, gas amount, octane, tire condition, tire type, amount of passangers, driver capabilites + reflexes of the driver, mileage on the car, are totally useless.

Last edited by kip; 06-24-2008 at 09:15 AM.
Old 06-24-2008, 03:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EFF YOU JACKIE
Originally Posted by kip
Me too, but what really is "real world"? Is it the videos where the Bmw owners allways win in their videos or the Mb videos where the Mb's always win on youtube. Because I aint seen a lot of posts by car owners where they show a video of them losing badly to a faster car. Just do a little search on m5messageboard where you dont see any video of a Mb winning. Even a S65 lost to the BMW's. Is that real world??? I also havent seen any videos posted on Mbworld by Mb driveres where Bmw owners win...

The closest you get to real world is compareble tests by the same car magazine at the same place...

Just my opinnion on the matter:

Car videos filmed without any knowledge of tuning, gas amount, octane, tire condition, tire type, amount of passangers, driver capabilites + reflexes of the driver, mileage on the car, are totally useless.

I am talking, two guys or gals, light to light, twisties, nothing crazy, switch up cars and do it again. How does it feel. I know I've done this with Friends and F cars and Porsches etc. To me, I make my own judgement and decisions on a car that I can or have actually driven.
Old 06-26-2008, 04:48 PM
kip

E55
Originally Posted by ldangeli
I am talking, two guys or gals, light to light, twisties, nothing crazy, switch up cars and do it again. How does it feel. I know I've done this with Friends and F cars and Porsches etc. To me, I make my own judgement and decisions on a car that I can or have actually driven.
For me its only hard fact & driftbox data. Some cars feel fast and make lot of noise (eg. audi s4), but are really slow (esily beaten by even bmw 545i, 550i and 335i). But you are right in that although some cars are really fast on paper you just cant seem to launch them in real life.
Old 07-19-2008, 08:19 PM

Something on 4 wheels..
Originally Posted by kip
but what really is "real world"?
Being caught in a traffic-jam or a 45mph speed-limit.

Sadly, but true..