ML63 Dyno Mode

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-13-2009, 11:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML63
ML63 Dyno Mode

Hi,

New to the forum and while this is my first question, I have found a lot of great information here that has been quite helpful to me.

I have searched this topic and I know it has been asked and answered before, but I have a problem. There have been a few replies on how to put a ML63 into Dyno Mode, Key position 1, MFD reading mileage, push reset 3 times, cursor to Dyno Mode.

I have tried this a number of times now and I can not seem to get my ML63 to to into Dyno Mode, when I press the reset with the mileage showing, nothing changes or happens.

So my question is am I missing something or could there be a glitch with my vehicle? If I just press the ESP and turn it off, will this be the same/good enough for dyno runs?

Also, if it is a glitch with my ML63, is there another reason or readout in this hidden menu I could reasonably tell the dealer I was looking to access. I don't want to be too paranoid, but I would prefer not to let them know I am doing dyno testing, with a possible chip tune in mind, on it while it is still under warranty.

Thanks

Thanks
Old 10-15-2009, 10:15 AM

ML63
I thought I would post the answer to my question, since it might prove helpful to someone else.

When I read the instructions on this site for instructions on how to put a ML63 into Dyno Mode they where go to key position 1, with keyless-go, which I have, push the button once for position 1.

However, apparently with my vehicle to have full access to the instrument cluster, keyless-go, you have to remove the keyless-go button and use the key directly in the ignition to go to position 1, doing this now allows my ML63 to have access to the hidden menu where the Dyno Mode section is.
Old 10-15-2009, 11:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 84 Likes on 55 Posts
BMW, Tesla, Mercedes, Porsche, Cadillac
FWIW, I can access this menu with Keyless Go in my ML...
Old 10-16-2009, 10:28 AM

ML63
Hi Quadbenz,

Interesting, I don't know enough to really say why I don't seem able to.

I took my ML in for service yesterday at my dealer and it was my service adviser who told me that you can not gain full access to the cluster without the key in the ignition. He then pulled out my GO button, stuck in my key, and I had access as I was supposed to. Maybe someone else will have an explanation on this, as I would really like to know why you, and others, have access through your GO button in position 1 and I need my key.
Old 10-25-2009, 01:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A little late, but you can always show this to your dealer showing that it CAN be done.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9mL7CSh_Dg
Old 10-28-2009, 07:52 PM

ML63
Thanks, never to late.

I'll bring this to his attention next time I'm in. I still do want to know what the glitch is with mine, but at least right now I can get into Dyno Mode with my key.
Old 11-03-2009, 04:49 PM

2007 ML 63
Can you explain to this newbie why I would want to put my 2007 in Dyno mode? Would I notice more off the line speed or performace or is it just taking off traction control. Would I want to keep it in that mode at all times? I don't have Keyless go, so what would the steps be?
Old 11-03-2009, 06:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Dyno mode is for exactly what it says - dynoing the car.
You wouldn't want to drive the car in this mode as it turns off ABS, BAS, and ESP.
Insert your key, turn it to the first stop or click, press the reset button 3 times and press the up arrow button.
Old 11-04-2009, 07:29 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
You will also loose the power steering.
Old 11-04-2009, 07:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by slawek
You will also loose the power steering.
Forgot about that one.
That was quite strange to experience. I didn't know that happened as well (until it actually happened to me, lol).