Notices
New Members Check In! If you're new to MBworld!, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Benz!!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Soon to be CL65 owner checking in

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-06-2013, 02:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 78 Likes on 64 Posts
05 CL65
Soon to be CL65 owner checking in

Hello! I have been lurking for a while and doing lots of reading trying to help make the decision on buying a 2005 CL65 AMG. I have driven the car and like it a lot. It appears to be in good condition but I have not seen the service records yet or the recent checkup at the dealership.

The biggest challenge for me is that buying the CL means selling my 2004 Lightning. I bought it brand new and over the years have modified it into an awsome beast (697/734RWHP/TQ on my low boost race tune, mid 10's in the 1/4 mile, year round daily driver that can still haul & tow stuff). Selling my reliable stupid fast L to buy a significantly slower and less reliable car for more money seems counter intuative. Heck the Lightning stands out more and is far more menacing looking than the AMG. While not as rare as the CL65 it is not common here in Alaska & mine is the fastes Lighning for thousands of miles. I love it and am really torn about letting it go.

But the CL65 has potential to be fast, is far more comfortable, and can haul more than 2 people. If I go through with it you will see me on the boards a lot. Until the decision is final I will be here asking a few questions to help with the decision. Thanks in advance for the help/advice I'll be asking for in other threads.

Matt
Old 08-09-2013, 10:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 CL65 AMG
Welcome to the forum!