Notices
New Members Check In! If you're new to MBworld!, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Benz!!

What's up everybody!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-09-2015, 10:53 PM
Hz!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'04 E55 AMG
What's up everybody!

I'm a proud new owner of my first Merc, a black '04 E55 AMG! Loving every minute of it so far! She has some cosmetic issues here and there, but I plan to remedy that within the next couple months here.

This is a pretty big change of world for me. I've been driving/modding Subarus for the last 8 years, and while I still have a couple of those projects around I just knew it was time finally for my big boy car haha! Look forward to being a part of the community here and anybody from Las Vegas feel free to hit me up for meets or drives if you know of any!

Having trouble though so far searching for a clear answer if a set of w211 E55 dynamic/ventilated front seats will plug and play swap into another w211 E55? I know I would at least need the control panel for the ventilated portion but not sure what else is involved. Are all E55's pre wired for the options?

Anyway, good to be here and hope to have some good car talk!
Attached Thumbnails What's up everybody!-20150703_193003.jpg  
Old 07-10-2015, 03:19 PM

Prius
Yay! Welcome!!
Old 07-14-2015, 08:09 AM
Super Moderator

Received 770 Likes on 749 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
congrats & welcome to mbworld...
besides all the parts, you prolly need version coding...
you may also wanna join Vegas MBZ Facebook Group...
Old 07-14-2015, 05:36 PM
SPONSOR

Received 62 Likes on 61 Posts
Mercedes-Benz, Porsche, BMW, MINI and more!
Welcome to MBWorld! Seems to be a reoccurring thing lately. Very good friend of mine and owner of the shop that did my build on my STi just bought the same AMG. Try asking your question in this section of the forum as well. Enjoy!
Old 07-15-2015, 08:10 PM
Hz!

'04 E55 AMG
Thanks for the welcome and the heads up! I imagine with the w211 series in the price ranges they are now, should see a lot of newbies like myself. So many things to buy and so much searching/learning to do! I've been reading till I fall asleep most nights lately. Trying to be patient and read first even though I am bursting at the seams with mod questions.

The Merc is exactly nothing like the Subie haha, but love em both! Feel free to post some pics of your STi in this thread, I would love to see it My built STi swapped wagon just recently spun a bearing Time to tear it apart again.
Old 07-16-2015, 11:13 AM
SPONSOR

haha yes they are, that is why I asked him what made him want to get an AMG! I just never saw him as an MB guy since Subaru's are pretty much his life's work. He does some amazing motor builds. He said he has always wanted one and it was very appealing to him, which I can completely understand as Subaru's most certainly don't have that refined feel to them. Plus, he said it being an AMG is really what attracted him and not so much it being an MB. Yeesh, rod bearings are never fun. What type of power is it putting down?

Here's the Subie - Here and here.

Last edited by PelicanParts.com; 07-16-2015 at 11:16 AM.
Old 07-17-2015, 01:31 PM
Hz!

'04 E55 AMG
Nothing better than track pics! Looks great!

It was upwards of 380awhp at the time. Oil pressure dropped quick on a spirited mountain run and that was all she wrote. But now I have the E55 to dry my tears with while I decide what I want to throw into her block this time around
Old 07-17-2015, 02:06 PM
SPONSOR

Those were from the other weekend! 105 degree track day. Was amazed at how well the car did in that heat with my set up. That's a good number for whp. Mine made over 400, but detuned it to 383whp on E85. Didn't want anything really more than that. haha I'm sure the AMG will be helpful while you rebuild. I went with JE pistons, Manley Rods, and ACL bearings. Good luck with the rebuild!
Old 07-17-2015, 02:12 PM
Hz!

'04 E55 AMG
Nice, love it! And thank you, because I feel like I need the luck this time around haha. Hopefully most of the forged internals are still good save the bearing and mating surfaces of the one rod. Turbo tough I-beams so the rod integrity is probably still a go. One way to find out!

Thanks for the welcome guys!