Notices
New Members Check In! If you're new to MBworld!, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Benz!!

Another UK M275 owner

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-24-2020, 11:06 AM

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
C215 600TT
Smile Another UK M275 owner

Hi there!

New to the C215 and M275 world, but not new to cars. I can assemble an engine and fault find a traditional wiring loom; to give you an idea of where I'm at.

I'm fortunate to have acquired one of the few clean-history CL600TTs for sale recently in the UK. It's a 2004 85k mile example with cheap road tax, ULEZ compliance (useful for me!) and almost all the toys; the only thing missing is the distronic cruise control; but I can live without this ... for now

It's a bit of a rescue car - formerly owned by a tuning house and came with no backboxes, some stickers down the side, bright red calipers and most of the interior has been dismantled at some point.

Issues to correct during my ownership (hopefully with this community's help):
  • Unsettled back end
  • Missing resonators and backboxes (mufflers deleted)
  • Heated Steering Wheel light flashes
  • K-go OS door handle lock button faulty
  • AC doesn't work (light on)
  • 2-3 damaged trim panels
  • Seat control doesn't lower seat (memory button does)
  • Front wings (fenders) cracked near the headlights
Don't worry, I'm not new to forums.. I will make my searches first

In the mean time, I have just corrected all the issues that came up on MOT and will present for retest this Friday - I'm going for a totally clean MOT so keep your fingers crossed for me!

Anyway, that's me. Please to meet you all.

Chris
Brighton UK

The following 3 users liked this post by ukcl600:
chassis (11-24-2020), MBpippo (11-25-2020), speedlimit (11-24-2020)
Old 11-24-2020, 03:52 PM
Administrator Emeritus

Received 462 Likes on 348 Posts
Hi Chris!

Welcome to MBWorld and thank you for introduction.
Your car looks great and in very good hands!

Bob
Old 11-24-2020, 11:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 323 Likes on 248 Posts
2012 E550 v8-Biturbo
Welcome, and congratulations on that clean-looking CL

Enjoy it
Old 11-24-2020, 11:16 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 3,930 Likes on 3,095 Posts
2017 GLE350 4MATIC
Welcome! Nice looking CL. Looking forward to reading about your progress.
Old 11-25-2020, 03:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 708 Likes on 680 Posts
2013 C204 C250 Coupe
Welcome to the forum Chris. Thanks for the intro and the pics. Your CL looks great. All the best with your issues. I’m sure you get lots of help here in the forums.
Old 11-25-2020, 10:31 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 152 Likes on 152 Posts
Mercedes E55 AMG E211
Welcome to the club, Chris! Congratulations on your purchase, it looks great. There are lots of great choices for parts, service and many owners willing to help you. Good luck and keep us posted!
Old 12-07-2020, 07:13 AM

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
C215 600TT
Thanks for the welcome!

This forum has helped me so much already! (Definitely helped spend my hard earned )

I have addressed a few of the issues already with everyone's help:
The wobbly seat controls have been corrected - turned out to be the usual 'gung-ho' removal attempt-gone-wrong, with two broken locating lugs. Fortunately, the broken lugs were recovered and subsequently 'JB-welded' back into position. All good now
Found the source of my 'unsettled' back end:

Have ordered all four subframe bushes (Got lucky and found a pair of new MB ones on eBay for the rear of the frame). Will also check and treat the seemingly light corrosion - I know they suffer here. While the frame is lowered on each side, I'll apply some Lanoguard in all the right places too.

The steering wheel heater is working fine - I was trying to operate it with engine off. It's been great the last few days with the temperature drop!

Broken speaker grill and damaged leather on the drivers door card addressed by purchasing a spare door card - I will make one good one out of two over xmas.

Other issues:
Rear window glass delamination - Already found another tinted unit here in the UK. Will probably install at the same time as the door card shennaigans.
Soft close not working on passenger door - reset the pump and it worked, then stopped - so guessing there's a leak in the door latch assembly. Bought a rear door latch assembly for a W220 as it shares the same parts and will swap over the chamber.
Boot lid opens a bit strangely on the driver side - looks like an anchoring point has failed. Not a big deal as it opens and closes fine, sits well and doesn't leak, but would be good to take a look in due course.
Nasty scratch on the driver's door (new ), which I will probably have addressed later in the year along with some paint correction as there are some swirls in the lacquer that take away from the deserving appearance.
Rear defroster not working - 50A fuse appear in good order. Are there two fuses?

Already done 1000 miles in her though and so far so good! Just need to add back boxes (mufflers), because my god; does she drone
The following users liked this post:
chassis (12-07-2020)
Old 12-07-2020, 07:39 AM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,399 Likes on 2,844 Posts
2012 CLS63
That's a powerhouse you have there Welcome to the forums mate!

Wonder when that old batty queen will die? She's 93