S-Class (W222) 2014-2020

W222 a "heavily facelifted" W221? Rides on same core chassis/architecture

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-02-2013, 03:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
190E,w124 E320,w210 E320,R129 SL320, w220 S500
You are telling me, because you lease your cars, reliability is not something you care about, wow, you are one of a kind. Yes I did say I like the way 2013 535i look, but, not a good enough reason for me to purchase one, the car has too many issues. Do you realize I work on these cars days in days out? If you are thinking of purchasing it after your lease is up, get the extended warranty, it is one of the priciest and problematic BMW to work on, so I will never agree with anything you said above, none of it.

Last edited by interiormagic; 10-02-2013 at 04:02 AM.
Old 10-02-2013, 09:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
96 and 08 911 turbos
Originally Posted by interiormagic
You are telling me, because you lease your cars, reliability is not something you care about, wow, you are one of a kind. Yes I did say I like the way 2013 535i look, but, not a good enough reason for me to purchase one, the car has too many issues. Do you realize I work on these cars days in days out? If you are thinking of purchasing it after your lease is up, get the extended warranty, it is one of the priciest and problematic BMW to work on, so I will never agree with anything you said above, none of it.
there is literally no point.

You could hit the kid in the face with a brick full of facts, and he would stick with his story. When shown a sticker from the manufacturer, he determines that they are risking massive liability by "fudging the numbers". If that doesn't show you how delusional he is, I'm not sure what will.

just let it die.
Old 10-02-2013, 09:58 AM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Porsche Macan S SportDesign / Ex M-B's: 11 & 10 & 06 E350's, 02 S500
Originally Posted by interiormagic
Again, reliability is the least of my concern right now and it's been great to me in that regard. My last 3 E Classes had nagging issues at this point. I wouldn't own any complex car out of warranty. The less complex or high strung, usually the more reliable.

The things about my E that bothered me were a lot more concerning to me, I.e non-premium materials throughout, boring and lethargic powertrains with poor efficiency, styling that dated so quickly MB themselves couldn't even stand by it therefore did an awkward facelift, old school Cadillac handling and steering, harsh ride over rough roads and the fact that as I was close to turning 30 it started making me feel like a geriatric. I just needed something that didn't sacrifice on the things it did well, but was frankly "sexier" and that's exactly what I feel I got.
Old 10-02-2013, 10:01 AM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Porsche Macan S SportDesign / Ex M-B's: 11 & 10 & 06 E350's, 02 S500
Originally Posted by Quadcammer
there is literally no point.

You could hit the kid in the face with a brick full of facts, and he would stick with his story. When shown a sticker from the manufacturer, he determines that they are risking massive liability by "fudging the numbers". If that doesn't show you how delusional he is, I'm not sure what will.

just let it die.
In 2010/2011 they listed 50% German content then in 12 or 13+ it went up to 73%. I can't keep up with Mercedes' inconsistencies. I said that if I'm wrong on that then I'll admit it.

Fortunately I'm spot on right on everything else here, so it's a non sequitur anyway to my points between the two cars values and characteristics vs each other.

Last edited by K-A; 10-02-2013 at 10:04 AM.
Old 10-02-2013, 10:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 188 Likes on 118 Posts
...21 GLE53 24 GLE53
Originally Posted by K-A
Who gives a she@t about reliability I'm talking about tangible BUILD quality, i.e interior, fit/finish, areas where the E feels cheap and the F10 like a 7 Series for a budget price with craftsmanship influence from Rolls Royce themselves. You sound like the geriatric every geriatric doesn't want to sound like, making apologies for a lacking product in every other way by touting the least "sexy" advantage a car can have. Good, it's more reliable because it's more simple (too bad you can't knock its horrible suspension and too-weak chassis to handle said suspension for premature rattles, of which the F10's tank-like build will have none of). I Lease these cars, reliability isn't an issue. And my F10 is more reliable than ANY of my 4 Benzes so far, by far, no contest.

The F10 is safer, factually more solid by a whopping 30%, far more premium in material selection, far more advanced in tech, far sportier, far more luxurious even with bigger wheels and 50/50 weight distribution and RFT's and vastly better handling, has a far more comprehensive and engineering-driven Sport Mode, etc. etc. The E Class has nothing on it, but "reliability", because it's analogue, uses a weak N/A V6 in its majority volume cars, uses a dated lethargic 7G, has a low-fi infotainment system that doesn't do much, so not much to break, has no features like Electronic parking brakes, folding mirrors, HUD (things that BMW offer that M-B don't that can add to reliability woes). And even you mentioned the F10 is far sexier than the W212.

You've got nothing like your PMS ranting "ALL CAPS" friend up there.
Reliability is all about build quality. What do you think the JD Powers ratings are all about? You are smoking the drapes again, K-A.

Last edited by petee1997; 10-02-2013 at 10:36 AM.
Old 10-02-2013, 10:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 188 Likes on 118 Posts
...21 GLE53 24 GLE53
Originally Posted by K-A
In 2010/2011 they listed 50% German content then in 12 or 13+ it went up to 73%. I can't keep up with Mercedes' inconsistencies. I said that if I'm wrong on that then I'll admit it.

Fortunately I'm spot on right on everything else here, so it's a non sequitur anyway to my points between the two cars values and characteristics vs each other.
You know it never changed. It was always 73%. The only difference you got caught in a lie.
Old 10-02-2013, 11:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 289 Likes on 202 Posts
2013 650i Coupe, 2010 IS250 AWD, 1999 S500
Originally Posted by K-A
Keep dreaming. You've been owned on every subject here. You've got NOTHING to show for your precious Starship E Class even being on par with the F10. I've thrown everything at you and all you have are cheap apologies and fanboy tirades.

The E Class listed 50% parts in 2010/2011 models. This is exactly what I'm talking about, M-B has no consistency, you don't even know what to believe from them. They can't even stay with a design language for long enough. They're a mess, don't blame me for that, blame them (of course you won't, they're perfection to you, even though I gave you every factual example otherwise, lol.).

Fact is even the F01 got a #1 over the W222, describing a superior RIDE, what does that tell you. It's parallel to what I state about BMW being over M-B these days, and funny thing is, the F01 isn't all that great, not nearly as balanced and well packaged for its segment as the F10 who is overengineered i.e being a smaller 7 Series with Rolls Royce bones, so it paints a picture as to how widely ahead of the W212 the F10 truly is.
Oh please, you can't even think for yourself which either gets you banned or humiliated on every board you're on. How can I get owned on every subject when I constantly prove what clueless poster you are? I blew your feeble bull**** about Chinese parts in an E-class right out the water with actual PROOF. Something you can NEVER come up with. Let me know when you come up with your imaginary 40% Chinese stickers for Mercedes-Benz products made in Germany. The whole board sees what an idiot you are and diverting to everything else under the sun doesn't change anything. You actually thought a German car made in Germany would source nearly half of its parts from China. You can keep talking about everything else, nobody cares, you've been roasted and all you have now is the same tired ****e you've been saying which is matterless. No one cares, you've been proven a fraud and quite stupid at that. A German made car sold in the U.S. with 40% Chinese parts, only a real buffoon would even think that. You've had your **** handed to you in a sling. ONCE AGAIN PROVE IT!!!!!! SHOW US THE STICKER THAT SAID 50% ON THE 2011 MODELS. YOU NEED PROOF BECAUSE YOUR WORD DOESN'T MEAN **** AND YOUR MEMORY AIN'T ****.

M

Last edited by Germancar1; 10-02-2013 at 11:11 AM.
Old 10-02-2013, 11:44 AM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
2022 GLC300 white, 2021 Taycan RWD silver
And thank you for the smoking gun. Of course he is wrong but won't admit it. We are all fanboys and apologists. He is just delusional on so many levels.
Old 10-02-2013, 01:17 PM
Administrator

Received 508 Likes on 111 Posts
Drives Slowly
Time to move on guys. Everyone can draw their own conclusions. When KA comes up with verifiable proof that Mercedes Benz is headquartered in Beijing, I will reopen the thread.