W222 a "heavily facelifted" W221? Rides on same core chassis/architecture

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-01-2013, 04:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 290 Likes on 203 Posts
2013 650i Coupe, 2010 IS250 AWD, 1999 S500
Originally Posted by K-A
It was a sticker SEPARATE from the window sticker (in 2010 and 2011 M-B's the window stickers didn't state the parts content, it was a separate smaller sticker next to it).

You have to find it regarding 2010 or 2011 M-B's (C Class and GLK included as those had the 50% German figure as well). I'm trying to find it myself. If I'm wrong I'm wrong on this one little matter, but I know I saw that M-B's in 2010/2011 had a little sticker that said 50% German parts.
ALL I KNOW IS WHAT I HAVE IN FRONT OF ME NOW. PLEASE FIND IT BECAUSE THE 2014 E-CLASS ISN'T MADE IN CHINA SON.

M
Old 10-01-2013, 04:34 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Porsche Macan S SportDesign / Ex M-B's: 11 & 10 & 06 E350's, 02 S500
Originally Posted by Germancar1
BLEEDING EDGE BY USING THE SAME TRANSMISSION THAT A DOZEN OTHER LUXURY CARS HAVE. MORE BULL****.

ALSO THE I6 IS SUPERIOR YES, BUT IS THAT WHY THE 5-SERIES RELIABILITY SUCKS?

NOTICE HOW YOU DROPPED THE RELIABILITY FROM YOUR ARGUMENT?

NOW RINSE AND REPEAT OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER UNTIL SOMEONE CARES.

YOU WE'RE WRONG AS **** ON A WHITE TABLECLOTH. YOU CAN NOT LIKE THE E AND BUILD A CASE FOR THE 5-SERIES BEING SUPERIOR, BUT IT ISN'T BASED ON SOME BULL**** ABOUT CHINESE PARTS OR BLEEDING EDGE.

ZF'S 8 SPEED 8HP TRANSMISSION IS USED BY EVERYONE BUT MERCEDES.

A TURBO I6 IS HARDLY BLEEDING EDGE.

SUPERIOR IT MAY BE TO MERCEDES' EQUIVALENTS, BUT BLEEDING EDGE IT ISN'T.

M
You mad?

YES, the ZF8 is the BEST and BMW's application of it is superb, and the 7G sucks, PERIOD! Part of why the ZF8 in BMW's is so great is how performance-driven and genuine their Sport Mode is, it's really one of the best in the business, better than Porsche's PDK in the Panamera (a huge upset to me) even, M-B's trans and "Sport Mode" are rooted in no engineering prowess, just marketing gimmicks.

The N55 is STILL pretty bleeding edge by todays standards at several years old (what other car in this class has over 300 torque At THE WHEELS at 1,200 RPM's, is unequestionably smooth, redlines at 7K RPM's, is very underrated in factory stated power, and gets over 34 MPG on the highway?) and its reliability woes have been mended. The newer F10's are perfectly reliable and BMW's reliability reports are being dragged down by earliest models.
Old 10-01-2013, 04:36 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

ALL I KNOW IS WHAT I HAVE IN FRONT OF ME NOW. PLEASE FIND IT BECAUSE THE 2014 E-CLASS ISN'T MADE IN CHINA SON.

M
I didn't say it was. The sticker on 2010/2011's I'm almost certain stated that the German content was 50%, there was about 10% in America/Canada/Mexico or something, and the rest was Chinese. If I'm wrong then you can have your one tiny "I'm right!" moment here.
Old 10-01-2013, 04:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 201 Likes on 128 Posts
...21 GLE53 24 GLE53
Originally Posted by K-A
I'll post it up on the W212 forum to see what 2010/2011 E owners have, if they saved theirs.

If I'm wrong then I'm wrong on this particular matter (i.e my memory failed me), but it's a rarity.
What a croc.
Old 10-01-2013, 04:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Nah I'm laughing at someone so misinformed and desperate. This is hilarious. Why would I be mad when I just proved how idiotic your rhetoric is?

Spin, rinse and repeat...........A TURBO I6 AND AN COMMONLY SHARED GEARBOX ARE NOT BLEEDING EDGE.

They are superior to what Mercedes offers, but you can't accept that you have to stick with the bleeding edge nonsense only to look like a fool.

Guess what I just got emailed to me, the sticker from the 2013 E-CLASS!!! WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE WHAT IT SAYS?????

You are so clueless about what makes a car technically advanced. It isn't a parking brake (again that is on a Ford Fusion) or LEDs or HUD. That is all bulll**** to look good on a window sticker to cluelessers like you. You're so easily influenced it isn't even funny, very child like.

M

Last edited by Germancar1; 10-01-2013 at 04:47 PM.
Old 10-01-2013, 04:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by K-A
I didn't say it was. The sticker on 2010/2011's I'm almost certain stated that the German content was 50%, there was about 10% in America/Canada/Mexico or something, and the rest was Chinese. If I'm wrong then you can have your one tiny "I'm right!" moment here.
FIND IT AND POST IT. Otherwise you're wasting space here. The E-Class does not contain 40% Chinese parts in either the 2014 or the 2013 models. Fact. Now where are yours?

M

Last edited by Germancar1; 10-01-2013 at 04:45 PM.
Old 10-01-2013, 04:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
N/A
I really shouldn't get involved but...

Hasn't this thread sort of moved pretty far off topic? I think the discussion is fair game (ride dynamics of MB vs other vehicles, quality control, parts content, etc) but the focus has shifted to every other vehicle *except* for an occasional mention of the S. Shouldn't this be moved on to the E-class/C-class forum?

My two cents. Otherwise, you may return to your regularly scheduled bickering.
Old 10-01-2013, 04:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 201 Likes on 128 Posts
...21 GLE53 24 GLE53
Originally Posted by K-A
No, I just used that as one example as to WHY the E Class is so terrible compared to the 5 Series. It has NO effect on how good the E is. The explanation if the part content is almost equal to the 5 Series then would lie on nothing other than M-B's engineering and design.

Fact is the 5 is still more bleeding-edge, has vastly superior drivetrains especially in 6 cylinder format and a transmission the M-B transmission is eons away from, has a vastly superior suspension, both handles far more sportily (with M suspension, a must) and far more comfortably even WITH RFT's and 19's VS the E's 18's, has far more refined and premium interior materials, less hard and crude plastics, far more advanced infotainment system, much more hi-def larger screen, gets better universal safety scores, has electronics like E-parking brake, HUD, E-brake hold where the E either has nothing or old-school analogue, etc. etc. Not to mention the chassis of the F10 is a whopping 30% stiffer than the E's, which is why the F10 also feels more "Benz-like" than the E to me, i.e more tank-like, much more coddling, isolating and quieter (again, thanks to being over-engineered at its core to be able to hold up to not only the 7 Series but the RR Ghost of which is based on it) yet has a Sport Mode so advanced and comprehensive that a simple press of the button and it becomes a relative adrenaline rush (and gives you FULL use of the paddle shifters with no computer interference) while the E's "Sport" mode is nothing more than a useless gimmick really. 535i's more advanced powertrain also gives off better MPG, smoother operation, etc. The E comes with standard plastic seats (I like MB Tex, btw), the F10 standard leather, I can go on and on.

None of that changes.

E Taxi use can be for a number of reasons, namely M-B perhaps giving better discounts to Taxi fleets as BMW doesn't want to be known as a "Taxi" car as much (the 5 is essentially geared towards a younger and more "spirited" audience anyway). However, YES, I acknowledge M-B's are rock solid and more reliable than BMW's (though the F10 is more solid than the W212 and has FAR less rattles since the W212's terrible suspension dampening over rough roads and softer chassis lead to more noises, creaks and squeaks), no argument, however I'm talking about refinement, material and DRIVING (and tech) quality, not reliability (which M-B is great at now, however at the cost of more "analogue" less bleeding-edge cars, as I pointed out with many examples above).
Time out! You said the E was inferior due to the 50% Chinese parts content. Now it's poor engineering. Next it will be foreign workers hired in the German plant.

Your a fake< K-A. Your pants are on fire. Time to move on....
Old 10-01-2013, 04:49 PM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,404 Likes on 2,847 Posts
2012 CLS63
I am not in your snack bracket Petee
Old 10-01-2013, 07:15 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Nah I'm laughing at someone so misinformed and desperate. This is hilarious. Why would I be mad when I just proved how idiotic your rhetoric is?

Spin, rinse and repeat...........A TURBO I6 AND AN COMMONLY SHARED GEARBOX ARE NOT BLEEDING EDGE.

They are superior to what Mercedes offers, but you can't accept that you have to stick with the bleeding edge nonsense only to look like a fool.

Guess what I just got emailed to me, the sticker from the 2013 E-CLASS!!! WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE WHAT IT SAYS?????

You are so clueless about what makes a car technically advanced. It isn't a parking brake (again that is on a Ford Fusion) or LEDs or HUD. That is all bulll**** to look good on a window sticker to cluelessers like you. You're so easily influenced it isn't even funny, very child like.

M
Oh, you ain't laughing my friend, I am assured of that.

That Turbo I6 and gearbox kill anything M-B has ever put out in this bracket, by miles, as has pretty much every other engineering method applied to the F10 done to anything M-B has put out within this price bracket, ever.

Yes, bleeding edge, trend-setting, you name it. Vastly superior to M-B's 6 cylinder powertrain which YOU acknmowledge, by far, which is what this was all about anyway. You like to argue for the sake of it, that's fine, I have fun with it, and am good at it, but we agree that my point here is met: It's superior to the E Classes powertrain offering.

Again, I said find the sticker SEPARATE to the window sticker on a 2010/2011 E Class, that's the one that said 50% from my memory. Once M-B started putting parts content ON the window sticker (I'm guessing 2012) they moved it up to 73%.... makes no sense. I already said it I realized that it had nothing to do with the facelift after all.

No, of course, nothing makes a car technically advanced unless it's the Star badge. M-B can have a 1940's twist-your-ankle E brake, be the last on the market to apply LED DRL's (and then follow that by the most gaudy and overstated implementations of it to make up for lost time), still have no HUD, still have analogue controls where others now apply electronic, have a tiny screen with Atari-grade resolution.... a crappy 7G tranny, a worst-in-class 6 cylinder, worst suspension dynamics.... 30% less stiff chassis than the F10.... yet none of it matters! Because Mercedes not doing something just means that it doesn't need to be done! Your example of the Fusion just illustrates what the E Class doesn't offer that the Fusion does.
Old 10-01-2013, 07:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'14 SL550
The Chinese restaurant in my town uses a BMW to deliver. Next time I see it I'll try to see how many Egg Rolls are inside, maybe then we can figure out the percentage of Chinese parts. I know that they prefer the BMW because the vinyl seats resist the grease from the bags.
Old 10-01-2013, 08:04 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Interesting because M-B uses vinyl more ubiquitously (and on more higher priced cars) than BMW does, and frankly MB Tex is much better than BMW's Leatherette (vinyl). The perk of that for BMW buyers is that Leatherette's crappiness has forced BMW to just put leather as standard in the 5 Series.
Old 10-01-2013, 09:29 PM

190E,w124 E320,w210 E320,R129 SL320, w220 S500
Originally Posted by K-A
Interesting because M-B uses vinyl more ubiquitously (and on more higher priced cars) than BMW does, and frankly MB Tex is much better than BMW's Leatherette (vinyl). The perk of that for BMW buyers is that Leatherette's crappiness has forced BMW to just put leather as standard in the 5 Series.
Answer this T-A, why does BMW's ranking keep dropping in every category? Maybe you should google why, before you answer that.
Old 10-01-2013, 09:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts
96 and 08 911 turbos
for ****s sake people, let this piece of **** thread die already. Its blatantly off topic, and is literally two people providing the same arguments almost verbatim for 300 posts. Neither one of you is changing the other's mind.

enough
Old 10-01-2013, 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by Quadcammer
for ****s sake people, let this piece of **** thread die already. Its blatantly off topic, and is literally two people providing the same arguments almost verbatim for 300 posts. Neither one of you is changing the other's mind.

enough
We should spam this thread, don't know why they won't close it. I had a 2012 535i in the shop today, my 97 E320 is in better shape than that thing, I'm talking about rust on the floor pans, where the seats meet the floor, talking about quality, this is a 2012 car, oh yeah, the owner came in for seat control module problem, brand new car, yep, reason why BMW ranking keep slinding.
Old 10-01-2013, 11:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by K-A
Oh, you ain't laughing my friend, I am assured of that.

That Turbo I6 and gearbox kill anything M-B has ever put out in this bracket, by miles, as has pretty much every other engineering method applied to the F10 done to anything M-B has put out within this price bracket, ever.

Yes, bleeding edge, trend-setting, you name it. Vastly superior to M-B's 6 cylinder powertrain which YOU acknmowledge, by far, which is what this was all about anyway. You like to argue for the sake of it, that's fine, I have fun with it, and am good at it, but we agree that my point here is met: It's superior to the E Classes powertrain offering.

Again, I said find the sticker SEPARATE to the window sticker on a 2010/2011 E Class, that's the one that said 50% from my memory. Once M-B started putting parts content ON the window sticker (I'm guessing 2012) they moved it up to 73%.... makes no sense. I already said it I realized that it had nothing to do with the facelift after all.

No, of course, nothing makes a car technically advanced unless it's the Star badge. M-B can have a 1940's twist-your-ankle E brake, be the last on the market to apply LED DRL's (and then follow that by the most gaudy and overstated implementations of it to make up for lost time), still have no HUD, still have analogue controls where others now apply electronic, have a tiny screen with Atari-grade resolution.... a crappy 7G tranny, a worst-in-class 6 cylinder, worst suspension dynamics.... 30% less stiff chassis than the F10.... yet none of it matters! Because Mercedes not doing something just means that it doesn't need to be done! Your example of the Fusion just illustrates what the E Class doesn't offer that the Fusion does.

Let me know when you get a clue about what you're talking about. You're so limited that you don't even get it that Mercedes isn't trying to make the E-Class a sports sedan. For a luxury car buyer who isn't as interested in flinging around corners it works just fine otherwise the car wouldn't be so popular.

No the fact that a Fusion has a E-brake shows you what Mercedes thinks of it. Obviously it isn't important enough to them to have one. Any idiot can see that because clearly a company like Mercedes could put them in every car they make like tomorrow.

NOTHING YOU'VE NAMED IS BLEEDING EDGE.

LET ME KNOW WHEN YOU FIND THE CHINESE STICKERS FOR YOU BENZ CLUELESS.

Insert laughter. You really enjoy making a fool out of yourself don't you? LAME as hell, talking about a damn parking brake and LEDs and HUD to make superior car. Only a complete fool would list those things as bleeding edge technology when a common **** Ford has some of those same things.

Now you're down to the engine and transmission which are better for someone wanting a sports sedan, which the E isn't trying to be. Too bad you can't think for yourself.

Seriously Y T F would a German car built in Germany and sold in America have 40% Chinese parts. THAT DOESN'T EVEN MAKE COMMON SENSE WHICH IS WHY I FACT CHECKED YOUR ***.

M

Last edited by Germancar1; 10-01-2013 at 11:35 PM.
Old 10-02-2013, 01:46 AM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Let me know when you get a clue about what you're talking about. You're so limited that you don't even get it that Mercedes isn't trying to make the E-Class a sports sedan. For a luxury car buyer who isn't as interested in flinging around corners it works just fine otherwise the car wouldn't be so popular.

No the fact that a Fusion has a E-brake shows you what Mercedes thinks of it. Obviously it isn't important enough to them to have one. Any idiot can see that because clearly a company like Mercedes could put them in every car they make like tomorrow.

NOTHING YOU'VE NAMED IS BLEEDING EDGE.

LET ME KNOW WHEN YOU FIND THE CHINESE STICKERS FOR YOU BENZ CLUELESS.

Insert laughter. You really enjoy making a fool out of yourself don't you? LAME as hell, talking about a damn parking brake and LEDs and HUD to make superior car. Only a complete fool would list those things as bleeding edge technology when a common **** Ford has some of those same things.

Now you're down to the engine and transmission which are better for someone wanting a sports sedan, which the E isn't trying to be. Too bad you can't think for yourself.

Seriously Y T F would a German car built in Germany and sold in America have 40% Chinese parts. THAT DOESN'T EVEN MAKE COMMON SENSE WHICH IS WHY I FACT CHECKED YOUR ***.

M
Aww, you mad. Haha, just as I thought, an MB apologist fanboy till the end. So Mercedes only does things that they want to do, huh? That's why they engineered a car so far inferior from the F10 that it got crushed in worldwide sales and is behind in EVERY single respect. That's why they're scrambling with hideous about-facelifts to keep up, why their stock plummets, their market share gets taken, they need to bring FWD models to the States.

It's because they lost their way, and still use dated methods when others have excelled.

Everything I named is bleeding edge. Best powertrains in segment, trend setting innovations, and the 2011 F10 having a chassis practically as rigid as the $100+K S Class that came out several years later?

Yeah, bleeding edge. Now go cry about it some more and give me an all caps PMS tirade again.
Old 10-02-2013, 02:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by K-A
Aww, you mad. Haha, just as I thought, an MB apologist fanboy till the end. So Mercedes only does things that they want to do, huh? That's why they engineered a car so far inferior from the F10 that it got crushed in worldwide sales and is behind in EVERY single respect. That's why they're scrambling with hideous about-facelifts to keep up, why their stock plummets, their market share gets taken, they need to bring FWD models to the States.

It's because they lost their way, and still use dated methods when others have excelled.

Everything I named is bleeding edge. Best powertrains in segment, trend setting innovations, and the 2011 F10 having a chassis practically as rigid as the $100+K S Class that came out several years later?

Yeah, bleeding edge. Now go cry about it some more and give me an all caps PMS tirade again.
Are you slow? Seriously. You shot your mouth off about 40% Chinese parts only to be proven wrong. Now you're throwing everything but the kitchen sink against the wall because you were too slow to even think about what you were saying.

What person with common sense would think a German car would have 40% Chinese parts? Keep making a fool out of yourself, the people love it.

Keep going on and on about a whole lot of other issues while you try to recover from the being FACT CHECKED and owned.

Only a true idiot would be laughing in your shoes.

M
Old 10-02-2013, 02:53 AM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Keep dreaming. You've been owned on every subject here. You've got NOTHING to show for your precious Starship E Class even being on par with the F10. I've thrown everything at you and all you have are cheap apologies and fanboy tirades.

The E Class listed 50% parts in 2010/2011 models. This is exactly what I'm talking about, M-B has no consistency, you don't even know what to believe from them. They can't even stay with a design language for long enough. They're a mess, don't blame me for that, blame them (of course you won't, they're perfection to you, even though I gave you every factual example otherwise, lol.).

Fact is even the F01 got a #1 over the W222, describing a superior RIDE, what does that tell you. It's parallel to what I state about BMW being over M-B these days, and funny thing is, the F01 isn't all that great, not nearly as balanced and well packaged for its segment as the F10 who is overengineered i.e being a smaller 7 Series with Rolls Royce bones, so it paints a picture as to how widely ahead of the W212 the F10 truly is.
Old 10-02-2013, 02:56 AM

Here is another one T-A, please notice the E-350 has more German parts than the 535i
W222 a &quot;heavily facelifted&quot; W221? Rides on same core chassis/architecture-10.jpg

W222 a &quot;heavily facelifted&quot; W221? Rides on same core chassis/architecture-85583296.jpg
Old 10-02-2013, 02:59 AM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

2013 535i has 75% German parts. That's the one I have so that's what matters to me.
Old 10-02-2013, 03:01 AM

We all proved you wrong, now go buried yourself, PLEASE
Old 10-02-2013, 03:05 AM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Nobody proved me wrong. Mercedes is goofing their numbers somehow by upping the 2012+ E's to 73% German parts from 50% which my cars had on them (unfortunately I didn't keep the stickers).

BMW seems to be goofing their numbers or doing some quiet parts switching as well by lowering the F10's German part content from 75% to 70% for the facelift. Probably cost cutting to raise margins.
Old 10-02-2013, 03:24 AM

Stop making excuses! The reliability of BMW as a company is dropping, not just the 5 series, it is sad to see a major contender in the automotive industry have been surpassed in every category by everything in its class. Please, no more excuses.
Old 10-02-2013, 03:30 AM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Originally Posted by interiormagic
Stop making excuses! The reliability of BMW as a company is dropping, not just the 5 series, it is sad to see a major contender in the automotive industry have been surpassed in every category by everything in its class. Please, no more excuses.
Who gives a she@t about reliability I'm talking about tangible BUILD quality, i.e interior, fit/finish, areas where the E feels cheap and the F10 like a 7 Series for a budget price with craftsmanship influence from Rolls Royce themselves. You sound like the geriatric every geriatric doesn't want to sound like, making apologies for a lacking product in every other way by touting the least "sexy" advantage a car can have. Good, it's more reliable because it's more simple (too bad you can't knock its horrible suspension and too-weak chassis to handle said suspension for premature rattles, of which the F10's tank-like build will have none of). I Lease these cars, reliability isn't an issue. And my F10 is more reliable than ANY of my 4 Benzes so far, by far, no contest.

The F10 is safer, factually more solid by a whopping 30%, far more premium in material selection, far more advanced in tech, far sportier, far more luxurious even with bigger wheels and 50/50 weight distribution and RFT's and vastly better handling, has a far more comprehensive and engineering-driven Sport Mode, etc. etc. The E Class has nothing on it, but "reliability", because it's analogue, uses a weak N/A V6 in its majority volume cars, uses a dated lethargic 7G, has a low-fi infotainment system that doesn't do much, so not much to break, has no features like Electronic parking brakes, folding mirrors, HUD (things that BMW offer that M-B don't that can add to reliability woes). And even you mentioned the F10 is far sexier than the W212.

You've got nothing like your PMS ranting "ALL CAPS" friend up there.

Last edited by K-A; 10-02-2013 at 03:34 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: W222 a "heavily facelifted" W221? Rides on same core chassis/architecture