Performance Upgrades & Tuning Discuss general performance and tuning enhancements for your Mercedes-Benz.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Supersprint

Energy pack that really works, instant hp gain

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-03-2005, 02:34 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Energy pack that really works, instant hp gain

I was amazed and shocked myself how much of a difference this energy pack made on my clk 320. At first I didn't think it would do much, after all it is just a voltage stabilizer. Plus how simple the installation was simply plug n play which only took me 5 minutes or less to complete. I felt instant power gain, car ran smooth, response quicker. Has anyone tried something like this? The energy pack is called NRG, its pretty new on the market I found it on
this site here NRG power pack
Old 03-03-2005, 02:39 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Looks like a load of b.s. to me. Why would the ECU be affected by the fluncuations in voltage??
Old 03-03-2005, 02:38 PM

C32AMG
Originally Posted by Mtechnik
I was amazed and shocked myself how much of a difference this energy pack made on my clk 320. At first I didn't think it would do much, after all it is just a voltage stabilizer. Plus how simple the installation was simply plug n play which only took me 5 minutes or less to complete. I felt instant power gain, car ran smooth, response quicker. Has anyone tried something like this? The energy pack is called NRG, its pretty new on the market I found it on
Old 03-03-2005, 04:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 E55, '05 SLK55, a few others
It just isn't possible for that device to improve performance. The voltage to the ECU does not affect it's decisions on timing, injector pulse width, shifting, etc. It simply has enough voltage to make it's decisions, or it doesn't.
Old 03-04-2005, 06:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E550 Coupe
go get your butt dyno checked
Old 03-05-2005, 01:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ML 320 CDI
Most charging systems that supply electronics will have a built in voltage stabilizer already so as to eliminate spikes/surges etc that could damage the systems.

This looks like a load of crap to be honest.
Old 03-06-2005, 03:33 PM

Well I'm guessing it doesn't take care of voltage spikes, it more takes care of voltage DROPS(bad thing). I have friends, which say this stuff does work, due to keeping the voltage drops to a minimum, which also make the car response much better and a bit more torque. Only because when the TPS, O2, Ignition Coil, Electronic throttle body...etc...etc..(whatever uses power when you accelerate) start going to work and feeding info back to the ECU there isn't a lack of voltage. I'll be picking one up one soon just like my friends. Experience it for your self.

keep you guys posted, or NOT. :v (like I would tell you if it works)

Last edited by petMyC36; 03-06-2005 at 03:40 PM.

Trending Topics

Old 03-06-2005, 05:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E550 Coupe
lol yeah you go ahead and do that hahah.

the ecu isn't like the terminator who sat there with a spear through his back slowly allocating enough power to get back up. like fast55 said, if there's not enough current, it'll won't operate at all. you're also dealing with a mercedes. i'm pretty sure they would not have built a car that sucked so much power during acceleration, the ecu couldn't operate properly.
Old 03-06-2005, 06:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2016 BMW Z4 sDrive35i M Sport
Kind of OT, but have you read Silicon Snake Oil, Steve Clark? Is it any good. I ask because we had to read the Cuckoo's Egg for my Intrusion Detection and Incident Response Class here at UTSA and I though it was a kick *** book.
Old 03-06-2005, 08:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'19 GLC 300, '19 TM3SR+
Originally Posted by Mtechnik
Nice sales trick. Did you post this crap in every forum on this board? You have a chance to sell a few, though. If people buy into "super-grounding wires", they may as well compliment them with your ingenous snake oil box.
Old 03-06-2005, 10:41 PM

C32AMG
Originally Posted by davis449
Kind of OT, but have you read Silicon Snake Oil, Steve Clark? Is it any good. I ask because we had to read the Cuckoo's Egg for my Intrusion Detection and Incident Response Class here at UTSA and I though it was a kick *** book.
I posted the book's cover only for its' title.Not a clue as to the book's content.

My choice of reading material is more along the lines of these-
Old 03-09-2005, 02:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ML 320 CDI
I still reckon it sounds like bollocks to me.
Old 03-09-2005, 02:41 PM

09 C63 White/Black
For a bad grounding vehicle, such as honda, nissan, or most domestic vehicle, it works....cuz the noise of the signal that sent to ECU actually make the ECu didn't do what is most appropriate at that moment. But on our new stock Mercedes, you can see we have so many grounding wires under the hood, that those young honda kids dying to get a set. So I would say MB already maxxed out on grounding and stablizing all the signal.
Old 03-09-2005, 04:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'19 GLC 300, '19 TM3SR+
Originally Posted by SaRiDi
For a bad grounding vehicle, such as honda, nissan, or most domestic vehicle, it works....cuz the noise of the signal that sent to ECU actually make the ECu didn't do what is most appropriate at that moment. But on our new stock Mercedes, you can see we have so many grounding wires under the hood, that those young honda kids dying to get a set. So I would say MB already maxxed out on grounding and stablizing all the signal.
Do you have a slightest idea how things you are trying to write about work? From your words I conclude that your car is stuffed with "many grounding wires"