Performance Upgrades & Tuning Discuss general performance and tuning enhancements for your Mercedes-Benz.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Supersprint

Discussion of pros and cons of Kleemann compressor

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-26-2002, 04:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2017 GLE 350 Wifey, 2005 C55 AMG
Thanks for that info coryu. I checjed mb auto werks web out, and lots of info. hmm just might have to drop one of those puppies in there. 430 horses sure would be swell.
Old 12-31-2002, 07:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2001 E-430 4-Matic
Superchaged E 430 4 Matic?

Originally posted by livetodrive
Is the 4 Matic capable of handling the torque developed by the supercharger? Also, considering the power would be passed to all four wheels, is this an advantage, due to less wheel spin, or a disadvantage due to weight, complexity or other issues?

I am also curious about the intercooler. What is the cooling fluid? I am having a hard time envisioning how it can use the 180 F water/glycol solution from the radiator to cool an air stream at 150 F.

While I am asking questions, I've read about the larger pulleys being offered for sale. Wouldn't they reduce the ultimate power generated by the accessories? Would this, then be a problem, say with the alternator on a snowy night when max. electric power is needed to run the defroster, wipers, and lights (not to mention heated seats!?).

Thanks in advance for the education.
Cory,

When you get a chance, I'd appreciate an answer. Thanks, and Happy New Year
Old 01-02-2003, 11:40 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Re: Superchaged E 430 4 Matic?

Originally posted by livetodrive
Cory,

When you get a chance, I'd appreciate an answer. Thanks, and Happy New Year
As you have probably noticed, MB overengineeres almost everything on all of their vehicles. the 4-Matic system is definatly up to the task. The system is basically a rear-drive car, until you need additional traction, and even then, it only send 30% of the torque to the front wheels. It's not like an Audi Quattro system, wich is split 50/50 all the time. Having four wheels looking for grip is always an advantage, except for the drivetrain loss you will encounter. The advantages outweigh the dis-advantages though.

The intercooler uses an ethelyene-glycol/water mixture, just like your engine's cooling system, only the intercooler uses a seperate water circuit from the engine's cooling system. The intercooler uses a seperate water pump, which pumps the cooling liquid through the intercooler cores within the manifold, then to what some call an "aftercooler", which is essentialy a radiator. This radiator is mounted in front of the engine's radiator, behind the bumper in a direct path of airflow. The special thing about the setup are actually the intercooler cores. The cores have tens of thousands of aluminum fins which the charge air flows over, which pulls the heat out of the air. Our intercooler is of such an advanced design, it's patented. We have measured a less than 1 psi drop over the intercooler, and charge temps which are as low as 13% above ambient temp.

Regarding the pulleys you have seen advertised, they are what you would call underdrive pulleys. The less power required by the engine to turn accessories such as your power steering pump, and alternator, the more power is avaliable at the wheels. This is a very simple concept, which can bring slight HP gains. By slight, I mean 10-15 HP, depending on what manufacturer you go with. I have never heard of anyone having any problems with underdrive pulleys on thier vehicles. I do know EvoSport offers these pulleys for several different models, and many people have had nothing but good things to say about them. I would advise you to contact them if you need anymore information about them. Let me know if there is anything else!
Old 01-03-2003, 10:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2001 E-430 4-Matic
E 430

Thanks for your explanation. It all makes sense. Now, where to find 2,000,000 pennies??
Old 01-04-2003, 01:15 AM

this is offtopic but will the kleemann sports suspension from a 208 work on a 209?! are they the same or different czu i havent heard many ppl talkin about the kleemann products on a 209... and also wuz the price for a 209 500 sc?! since the prices on the 320 were lowered i think the 500's sc price should follow heheheh:p :p :p
Old 01-04-2003, 07:10 AM

The 208 and 209 do not share same suspension, but the 203 and 209 does,just different springs.
Old 01-04-2003, 02:30 PM

thanx lucas
Old 01-04-2003, 04:50 PM

No problem my friend.
Old 01-16-2003, 07:43 PM
Banned

Re: Discussion of pros and cons of Kleemann compressor

Originally posted by otoupalik
Discuss Away ....
After reading all this garbage on theses forums I had to make a responds. The majority of these statements are lies and false rumors made from someone who wanted something for free.

I’m a forty-year-old African American male who accompanied an hps representative in delivering timster Clk 55 to him in Rocklin California.

Here are my accounts as third party of timster CLK55.

First of all, timster had HPS supercharger e430 for a week. While they finished his clk55. If he had any problems with the e430. At that time why didn’t he bring it to hps attention. Kind of nice for a company to give him a car huh?

My personal feeling after driving Tim’s clk55 for over 700 miles, There was nothing wrong with it. No lost of horsepower under heavy boost or on an incline road conditions. Passing other vehicles no hesitation or engine lag. I was very impressed by the way the car handles itself and how supercharger kicked in.

After this experience and reading these post my conclusion is the following.

Timster made false statements in hope of getting a discount or the entire system for free. I’ve been in sales for over 20 years and I see these types of scam artists all the time. Wanting something for free.

Think about it, why would timster post a dyno graph that is false? In hopes to show hps system does not work. Please timster, why don’t you be honest with everyone on this forum and tell people the truth. You’re a scam, sitting home all day and look for new companies like hps to take advantage of. I would love for you tell your side. Cause I bet hps would sue you for slander. I just read on the forum hps is going to post raw data for a current clk55 car. If those numbers show true numbers. What can you say?

I have driven timster CLK55 supercharger system and if anyone has any questions or comments contact me.
Victor Drew
Lavorisdrew@hotmail.com

PS. I do not work for HPS.
Old 01-16-2003, 08:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A) How did that person get to drive Timster's car for 700 miles if he doen't work for HPS?

B) His seat of the pants evaluation doesn't mean crap (especially if he has never driven a Kleemann). Dynos don't lie.

C) If i recall, Timster was very careful not to make libelous statements against HPS and gave HPS numerous opportunities to explain themselves on this board.

D) Timster owns a CLK55 and (I assume) paid for his HPS upon delivery. It doesn't really make sense that he would run the risk of screwing up his car and shell out the bucks for the HPS in the hopes of getting some money back.

E) I really don't care if you are 45, 35, African-American, Chinese, etc. your ability to put forth a reasonable, persuasive argument is on par with my 3 year old nephew.

F) HPS might eventually have a good product but the way they handled Timster's situation on this board I doubt that they will ever be good businessmen.

G) Thank god for Kleemann.
Old 01-17-2003, 10:36 AM

2017 GLE 350 Wifey, 2005 C55 AMG
yeah Mr drew u make me laugh what r u talkin about. if u drove my car 700 miles while it was getting anything done to it you better be ready to buy it beeeeaaaaccchhhhhh
Old 01-22-2003, 05:32 PM
Banned

Re: Discussion of pros and cons of Kleemann compressor

[QUOTE]Originally posted by otoupalik
Discuss Away .... [/QUOTDear Tim the reason I describe who I was. I wanted you to know whom you were talking to. So there would be known question on whom was right or wrong. Where is the creditability on the dyno chart? Did the TV hit his head to hard for him to run it right? I can understand why you don’t want to waste your time with me. Why did you welcome me in your house. Offer me something to drink and I chatted with your lawyer friend. Then you turn around say you don’t want to waste my time with me. Because everything I’m stating is correct. I’m asking for you to stand up like a man! Another thing all your friends out there never comment on what you wrote on the car. But instead on my race. Funny I thought we were discussing your supercharger system.

Timster the bottom line is you’re a scam trying to get something free at others expense. Oh by the way your friends on line can insult me as much as they want. But you know I’m telling the truth.

I was reading on another forum, hps would post current rear wheel data. What will you say then? It’s made up – I bet hps will have before / after and contact information. Timster your really embarrasses yourself and losing creditability.

PS I don’t work for hps and please check the IP number!

You can contact me at lavorisdrew@hotmail.com
Mr. Victor Drew
E]
Old 01-22-2003, 06:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A) Other posters are bringing up race because you made the point of identifying your age and race. What was the point?

B) We're not friends of Timster and don't have any incentive to take his side. Most members of this forum were simply seeking forthright reponses from HPS... which never came.

C) HPS might come out with dynos, but (i) they haven't as of yet, and (ii) they have already ruined their credibility on this forum.

D) Your argument about Tim trying to scam HPS and get something for free (or at a discount) dosen't even make any sense.

E) You might have no affiliation with HPS, however, that just makes your position against Tim sound completely ridiculous and motivated by personal issues.

F) We're not insulting you... we're just telling the truth.

G) If there is anybody who deserves an HPS, it's you.
Old 01-24-2003, 02:18 AM

please just spare us peace and get ur *** outta here