Performance Upgrades & Tuning Discuss general performance and tuning enhancements for your Mercedes-Benz.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Supersprint

Open Invite Tuner Shoot Out

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-23-2009, 02:20 PM
MBWorld Founder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ones too fast according to CHP!
Originally Posted by MHP
After browsing though other threads in this forum I find it somewhat funny/sickening that another "tuner" just now claims to have found 63 trans maps in the ECU--maps we had access to over a year ago. Something that we were prosecuted for by a third party (and the site, admins, owners let happen) by means of him posting absolute lies and untruths about us. The best part is it was only after said "tuner" was allowed to download some of our cals, and was given other cals by some prior customers that this all comes to light.
Be careful what you post Andy. Again, you are posting assumption and untruths to make an authoritative statement.

1. Powerchip does not and has not claimed to have transmission maps in the ECU. An end user claimed this, but it is not accurate.

2. Stancel's (JRCart) had no transmission mappings in the MHP ecu(s) that came with the car when it came back from you with two "fresh" tunes (one of which was just the Powerchip tune that had never been taken out of the car). Other Black Series owners were at the track (Willow Springs) and also noted that the car had no transmission (TCU) settings altered as compared to a stock or Powerchip tuned car.

Facts are nice, when they are facts not assumptions.

thanks
brad
Old 03-23-2009, 02:26 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by otoupalik
Be careful what you post Andy. Again, you are posting assumption and untruths to make an authoritative statement.

1. Powerchip does not and has not claimed to have transmission maps in the ECU. An end user claimed this, but it is not accurate.
Same warning to you Brad, I'm simply making (correct, as seen below) statements, :

Originally Posted by C63 guy, Employee of Evosport
Being the lucky sucker with the beta car and the new flash, I have to say the new file is fantastic. I've had it in the car for a couple days now and I didn't think a flash update would make this much of an improvement. I was running the mid-December flash, and the new one feels appreciably faster. The midrange is way stronger. On the highway I was in 5th gear (Manual) at about 85 and it pulled way harder than I expected. It felt like 4th used to at that speed. Sick. Putting the trans into sport and punching it at highway speeds is Ree. Tart. Tid. It jams you back into the seat and it feels like an elastic band stretching out. Keeping it floored until about 150 and dropping off the gas practically threw me into the belts from the wind resistance slowing the car, but the motor pulls so hard it disappears under hard acceleration. I have to give huge props to Jeremy at Powerchip for really digging into the maps and letting this beast off it's leash.

Oh yeah, how could I forget this tasty little tidbit? He found the transmission maps!!! He started with dropping the shift delay from .5sec down to .2sec and that makes an incredible difference in how it cracks off both up- and downshifts, especially in Manual. Oh, god the downshift barks from 5-4 and 4-3 give me goosebumps (especially with the new exhaust). He's looking into the other maps and making changes over the next few days. I'm sooooooo excited to test this weekend's flash...
2. Stancel's (JRCart) had no transmission mappings in the MHP ecu(s) that came with the car when it came back from you with two "fresh" tunes (one of which was just the Powerchip tune that had never been taken out of the car). Other Black Series owners were at the track (Willow Springs) and also noted that the car had no transmission (TCU) settings altered as compared to a stock or Powerchip tuned car.
Sorry but saying we never flashed Jim's ECUs is an absolute lie--one that can be proven by the markers we put in our tuning. Need I drag up all Jim's posts about how much different the car felt after switching to our tuning, not to mention the world record ET/Traps at the track AND his own same dyno comparison with which we made 24-26rwhp more than the PC tune he was running.

Facts are nice, when they are facts not assumptions.

thanks
brad
Facts are nice, unfortunately for you, they are also unbiased. Let's also not forget why this thread and the idea for a shootout were even started in the first place.

What happened with the ultimate PC tune that you were supposed to give Jim, where did the dyno numbers go?

What happened with Jim's car while it was in CA that led him to post what he did in the Texas mile thread?

Why is Wayne/PC offering to refund Jim in full so that he doesn't go head to head with us in a tuning shootout?

Why is Wayne/PC now also backing out of a planned head to head shootout with one of our C63 customers on the dyno?

Finally, since you're here, maybe you can explain why Tim Milliken was allowed to defame us to the point of lost business, saying that trans changes weren't possible via the ECU on a Bosch ME9.7. Now the tuner you distribute for claims to have found the tables (miraculously after downloading a few of our tunes) that make such changes...

Thanks
Andy

Last edited by MHP; 03-23-2009 at 02:31 PM.
Old 03-23-2009, 02:54 PM
MBWorld Founder

Andy,

You know who wins in a gutter fight? Nobody, becuase they are all in the gutter. I have no desire to enter into a circular debate with you where you spin the facts and use smoke and mirrors while taking tidbits of fact and misleading people into believing it.

1. Powerchip does not and has not claimed to have transmission maps in the ECU. An end user claimed this, but it is not accurate. That end user is a fabricator who works here, not a tech or sales person. He misunderstood this information. Trust me, I wish PC did have this info as it would boost sales. But they don't.

2. Renntech does not have tuning done by evotech as you state over and over.

3. Those markers you are talking about in your tunes, are you sure that they have MHP markers and not digital signatures from other tuner(s)?

4. You should ask Wayne questions about Powerchip, evosport is not Powerchip.

5. What happened with Jim's car is that we are still having voltage issues that cause the car to drop out on NOS 1/4 mile runs. We are working on it today. The Battery size was doubled from the battery that the car had to the one we put in, but it was not enough apparently. Jim will post more on this soon I am sure.

Thanks
brad
Old 03-23-2009, 03:05 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by otoupalik
Andy,

You know who wins in a gutter fight? Nobody, becuase they are all in the gutter. I have no desire to enter into a circular debate with you where you spin the facts and use smoke and mirrors while taking tidbits of fact and misleading people into believing it.
Brad,
I agree with the first comment you made, which is why I'm really biting my tongue with regard to this situation and others. On the other hand I'm not spinning anything, simply presenting info in black and white. I can provide links from this forum backing everything I've said so please don't accuse me of things I haven't done.

1. Powerchip does not and has not claimed to have transmission maps in the ECU. An end user claimed this, but it is not accurate. That end user is a fabricator who works here, not a tech or sales person. He misunderstood this information. Trust me, I wish PC did have this info as it would boost sales. But they don't.
That's not what one of your employees stated (as seen above). You should also know my info isn't just based on what I read on this forum.

2. Renntech does not have tuning done by evotech as you state over and over.
Think what you want it has no relevance to this situation and having spent some QC with an Evotech tuner in the past 2 weeks I know the truth. The relationship with Oliver may be over but that's not synonymous with what you claim.

3. Those markers you are talking about in your tunes, are you sure that they have MHP markers and not digital signatures from other tuner(s)?
That was a cheap shot lie and something I wouldn't/shouldn't expect from a site admin, except as has been proven already, from the ones on this site.

4. You should ask Wayne questions about Powerchip, evosport is not Powerchip.
That's the ultimate spin if I've ever seen one. You told me yourself that you sell more PC tunes than anyone, you are a distributor, one of your employees is even making claims about PCs abilities to manipulate ECU/TCU variables that PC previously claimed (publicly) were not possible and to top it all off you aided PC in downloading our tunes out of jrcart's BS. Where is the accountability? Blame simply gets passed back and forth.

5. What happened with Jim's car is that we are still having voltage issues that cause the car to drop out on NOS 1/4 mile runs. We are working on it today. The Battery size was doubled from the battery that the car had to the one we put in, but it was not enough apparently. Jim will post more on this soon I am sure.

Thanks
brad
I can tell you exactly why he's having voltage issues, but again I'll bite my tongue for now. Still curious about what happened N/A though?

Last edited by MHP; 03-23-2009 at 03:13 PM.
Old 03-23-2009, 03:07 PM

C63 09' LSD traded for 2010 GT-R
I am totally happy with my RENNtech V2 tune.

I suspect there is only so much we can safely expect out of a tune on these motors running pump fuel. There will be variables from car to car that will skew the data 10% or so from car to car.
Old 03-23-2009, 03:12 PM

2008 C63
IMHO, the BS surrounding the ECU/TCU tune controversy has caused me (… and other’s I’m sure) to hold our money and wait for the details, correction, FACTS to surface. I commend JRCART & DADS C63 for offering up their rides and time to help end the war and to post findings on a public board. Regrettably I must agree that it is unlikely that many will tuners will participate as it could cost them money from lost sales if they are not the top dog. Those tuners that have agreed to take advantage of the offer and prove what they can deliver I commend you too.

Just .02 cents from a potential customer.
Old 03-23-2009, 03:12 PM
MBWorld Founder

Originally Posted by catesbym

I suspect there is only so much we can safely expect out of a tune on these motors running pump fuel. There will be variables from car to car that will skew the data 10% or so from car to car.
Very accurate. I have posted basically the same thing before.

thanks
Brad
Old 03-23-2009, 03:15 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by ARC101
IMHO, the BS surrounding the ECU/TCU tune controversy has caused me (… and other’s I’m sure) to hold our money and wait for the details, correction, FACTS to surface. I commend JRCART & DADS C63 for offering up their rides and time to help end the war and to post findings on a public board. Regrettably I must agree that it is unlikely that many will tuners will participate as it could cost them money from lost sales if they are not the top dog. Those tuners that have agreed to take advantage of the offer and prove what they can deliver I commend you too.

Thank you. We look forward in participating in any credible comparison of our tuning vs anyone else's. IMO, respect will be paid to all those that participate even if they don't come out on top. Not showing up, well, thats a different story.

Thanks!
Andy
Old 03-23-2009, 03:17 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by catesbym

Glad you're happy with your tuning.

On another note, the reason we've been calling for a same car/same dyno shootout for over a year (with no takers) is to prove once and for all who has the best tuning on the market. To date, we're still waiting for someone to step up.
Old 03-23-2009, 03:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
I think a tuner shoot out on a track would be better than on a dyno? Same track, same car, same driver (ignoring adaptations for both tuners).
Old 03-23-2009, 03:22 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by MB_Forever
I think a tuner shoot out on a track would be better than on a dyno? Same track, same car, same driver (ignoring adaptations for both tuners).
Same track, same dyno, both, we're game for whatever. We'd rather do it at the track actually but logistically speaking a dyno would prob be easier.
Old 03-23-2009, 03:28 PM

STS, Tahoe, Suzuki, and C63
Originally Posted by ARC101
Those tuners that have agreed to take advantage of the offer and prove what they can deliver I commend you too.

I think I've been following this info pretty close, but maybe I missed something. What tuners (other than MHP) have agreed to this shoot out?
Old 03-23-2009, 03:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55 (for sale if the right offer comes along)...too many others to list
MHP,
Your infomation on RENNTEch tune is WRONG!!!!!! A RENNTech employee wrote my software. He has also offered to retune it for me to get a little more out of the car.

Sorry about your problems Jim. I hope Brad is able to fix it for you.
Old 03-23-2009, 03:34 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by BENZGal
MHP,
Your infomation on RENNTEch tune is WRONG!!!!!! A RENNTech employee wrote my software. He has also offered to retune it for me to get a little more out of the car.

Sorry about your problems Jim. I hope Brad is able to fix it for you.
Benzgal,
Believe what you want and enjoy your car.

Thanks
Andy
Old 03-23-2009, 03:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55 (for sale if the right offer comes along)...too many others to list
Originally Posted by MHP
Benzgal,
Believe what you want and enjoy your car.

Thanks
Andy
I was in Florida and watched him personally work on it. He was sitting at his nice desk with a big computer. This thread it likely to get ugly so I will stay out of it and enjoy my car.
Old 03-23-2009, 03:45 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by BENZGal
I was in Florida and watched him personally work on it. He was sitting at his nice desk with a big computer.
I'm sorry but that means absolutely nothing.

This thread it likely to get ugly so I will stay out of it and enjoy my car.
Hopefully not so it will remain open.
Old 03-23-2009, 04:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts
Anything W/4Wheels
why this got moved
Old 03-23-2009, 04:35 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
IMO, less traffic in this forum by a longshot.
Old 03-23-2009, 05:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
Originally Posted by benscott01
I think I've been following this info pretty close, but maybe I missed something. What tuners (other than MHP) have agreed to this shoot out?
i highly doubt any other tuners will bother. i think they understand that by them just showing up lends undeserved legitimacy to a fraud.
Old 03-23-2009, 05:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts
Anything W/4Wheels
im ganna make some vids tonight after i get out of work, maybe this will show my SHIFT POINTS and how fast it goes from 0-70 and 70-130. oh yea of course this will be done in a safe closed road. (dont ask where i wont tell)
Old 03-23-2009, 05:22 PM

'04 Porsche 996TT X-50, '95 M3 Built & Blown
Just like the cream ALWAYS rises to the TOP..............TRUTH has an uncanny way of showing its head when all seems lost!

Stay tuned...........this WILL GET VERY INTERESTING!!!!!!!

PS Did you get all of the sand out of your hair yet? LOL
Old 03-23-2009, 05:29 PM
Zod
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
CLS55 2006, CLS 63S 2015
Originally Posted by MHP
My defamatory comments?

Explain how me saying that Evotech does Renntech's tuning is defamatory?

A: It's not.

Now, what about the Tim Milliken ordeal? You know the one where he claimed and the site admins (who work directly with said competing tuner that now has magically found trans and A/F maps) allowed it to happen.

We were accused of stealing, lying, etc but that's all to the wayside now that PC has found the trans maps. LOL.

The bottom line is and always has been, we hold the records for quickest/fastest 63s on track and highest hp/tq on the dyno.

Why is it with the hundreds of other tuned cars running around no one has made it to the track/dyno to prove otherwise?

You may not like me, and I definitely don't like you, but facts are facts.
Look you claimed a lot of things and here are examples of a few of them:

 Marko cl65, when he ran and broke a record at the track, you claimed it for MHP (his TCU did not take, was stock…and was pretty much still VRP)
You argued with him and his friend

 You claimed E55 ecu/tcu tuning and throttle blipping…never happened and we all saw Jackpros vids

 Claimed throttle blipping for all 63’s….never happened

 You claimed TCU tunning….huge thread on this

 You also claimed to have an E55 that was going to run at a track that will destroy every one (did not happen, I believe it did not run at all?)

 You claimed to have tuned an E63, that had a renntech tune and when it dynode higher were jumping in the air saying look at my results, when in fact it was his previous tune and yours did not take.

 Same car ran at the track and pretty much died…was it due to tuning who knows. It had hardware problems….have not heard of many E63 with those...

 Then you have the track event with a few CLK black series owners who drove Jims car and did not feel the great TCU tuning that you claimed and we all know the whole story that followed with that.

 You have the other tuning company that was modding the other clk black that broke records and they pretty much came out and said they had issues with the car due to your tune and you argued with them

These are all customers, and as you so rightly used to put it, just go and ask our customers and you will know why we are the best…..

No cheer leading/ no bashing just as you put it from your customers

Your records are of your own car and an other C63 with MKB parts. So far you have showed results with the C63. The other cars you claimed to have broken records with are so heavily modded that you can not claim them to be records broken due to Just MHP, when they have headers, exhaust work, air box, wheels, pulley and god knows what else.

Please no more drama. You have your business and you can run it as you please, but please don't not start with the useless non beneficial fights that do nothing more then clutter up threads

Last edited by Zod; 03-24-2009 at 01:56 AM.
Old 03-23-2009, 05:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5
Originally Posted by benscott01
You're probably technically accurate, only one tuner has agreed to this (MHP). That said, at least two tuners' products will be reviewed - the "latest and greatest" Powerchip tune already on jrcart's ECU, and whatever MHP can bring to the table. AFAIK, the whole reason for Jim starting this thread was to see which (if any) other tuners want to throw their hat in the ring.

IMHO, I'd love to see a tuner shootout, at a 3rd party venue with an independent tester. What's not to like?
Old 03-23-2009, 06:00 PM

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
12C P85DL
Wow.
Old 03-23-2009, 07:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'10 Porsche Turbo PDK, 500e, GL450
what I do for a living

Originally Posted by MHP
LOL, if you say so.

Probably my favorite part of the internet. SLK55R, what do you do for a living?
Has absolutely nothing to do with this thread. If it is to question if I do tuning myself ... the answer is obvious. NO

Does that mean I can't know if renntech is still using evotech for tuning? NO.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Open Invite Tuner Shoot Out