Performance Upgrades & Tuning Discuss general performance and tuning enhancements for your Mercedes-Benz.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Supersprint

I have re-registered to an "acceptable" name...I hope.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-18-2003, 09:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 E55
I have re-registered to an "acceptable" name...I hope.

My name was, for a short time, Benzmac on this board. But, in my signature I had my company (that is a Kleemann tuner and Renntech dealer) website address. I guess that is not cool.

So, I am Donnie Drummonds. Owner and Shop Manager of MB Autowerks. I want to participate in healthy discussions about Mercedes and Mercedes Performance.

I am a 10+ year tech with 8 of those years being a Master Tech.

IS THIS OK? If not, I will not return.
Old 02-18-2003, 10:07 PM
Almost a Member!

1997 E420 Sport
I don't speak for the board but it's fine with me Donnie! The more the merrier.
Old 02-18-2003, 10:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2011 GL450
I hope it works!
We need experts like your self, with your expertise and knowledge on this board.
I was on another board where a well known and every well-respected aftermarket tuner was willing helping others on his own time.(some of you may have heard of Mallett LTD?) Some fools started bashing him and he left (I don’t blame him). It was a big loss to the board. I do hope that doesn’t happen here.
Hang in there,
Tim
Old 02-18-2003, 10:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
new balance
Welcome my friend, I have been folowing your various performance installs on your site for some time now. How much do you charge for the pulley and ECU upgrade install. You can email me also if you would like jwade@greateratlantic.net
Old 02-18-2003, 11:22 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2000 S500 Brilliant Silver, 1990 BMW 735iL, 1971 Pontiac Trans Am 455 HO, 1976 Pontiac Formula 400
Stick around

You are an asset to this site and others, and you were helpful when I phoned you about Mb tuning questions. You will also get my business as soon as I am able to spend the bucks.
Old 02-18-2003, 11:55 PM
Super Moderator

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
2003 CL55 AMG
Welcome to the forum Donnie. I for one find your knowledge and insight invaluable. As far as the signature issue goes, I assume it was in violation of the forums Terms of Service agreement. Only offical MBworld advertisers are granted the ability to promote and advertise their business ventures. If you would like to become an official advertiser, PM or email me for details.
Old 02-19-2003, 12:01 AM
Out Of Control!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Donnie

I've been reading and observing your work on that site and must say that you have quite a collection of Kleemann cars there. Good to have another Kleemann Rep on board!

Welcome!

Btw: Do you also own the MB Shop site?
Old 02-19-2003, 08:17 AM

1999 ML 430, BMW R1100s
Yes, but I will keep that to myself on these boards.

I don't want to promote any other boards...I just want to be in on all of the communities.

THANKS TED FOR TURNING ME ON TO THIS BOARD.

Last edited by benzmac; 02-19-2003 at 08:22 AM.
Old 02-19-2003, 12:00 PM
MBWorld Founder

ones too fast according to CHP!
Donnie,

You are obviously welcome here, however, like the other 7000+ registered users, we expect you to follow the rules. As you have sent me a reply to the e-mail I sent you, I question why you have to post "IS THIS OK" here?

We have a very clear terms of use policy. This is to protect the board users and also to enable the board to give value to the companies that graciously PAY to support the board and keep it on the web. You may not understand, but a website like this costs thousands of dollars per month to run and operate. When you post "commercial" links or posts and use a corporate name for your user name, you are undercutting those that pay to sponsor the board. If we allow this, those that are sponsors will question why that is so and stop paying to be here. Then we will have to close the board. Can you understand the logic here.

Again, this is really a private matter and we attempted to keep it that way, but as you decided to post a public message about it, then I am happy to respond publicly.

As for your expertise and knowledge, we are all benefited by you being a part of the forums. However, if you want to use the board to advertise and make sales, then you will need to play by the same rules that our other sponsors do.

Thanks,

Brad
Old 02-19-2003, 01:43 PM

1999 ML 430, BMW R1100s
No problem. Thanks.

I will go by the rules.

Is my name OK as MB Autowerks with no links?