Performance Upgrades & Tuning Discuss general performance and tuning enhancements for your Mercedes-Benz.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Supersprint

HPS... What is with deleting your thread?

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 3.00 average.

Old 04-19-2003, 06:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nubomb

I am sorry to read, you think I am the bad boy off the class ???

Lets turn it 180 degree, what have Adam ever posted or what have you ever heard about HPS from a independant person, to earn your respect, other than he offer a cheaper kit than compeditors ?????.

It seems to me you haven't been with us from the begining, and actually acuse me and Sleestack for always flaming HPS, you didn't even read the deleted thread, which this thread is about.

He deleted because it got too hot for him, and when you can't defend your self in writing, it's very bad PR to have it on the net for potential clients to read.

What is not constructive in my former post ????, there are a lots of questions to answer and be my guest and prove me wrong in my " mud slinging ", which you haven't done so far.

Last edited by Lucas; 04-20-2003 at 03:06 AM.
Old 04-20-2003, 12:48 AM

No longer car shopping...
Huh?

Lucas - I think you gotten me confused with someone else? The only thing I posted here is that I would like to see the original thread. I don't think I attacked you as a "bad boy". I don't believe that I've attacked you nor those other posters. Did you read something wrong? PS - I think you meant to direct your post to that guy "Nubomb" rather than me... Thanks for the correction, no prob.

Last edited by ndabunka; 04-20-2003 at 10:13 PM.
Old 04-20-2003, 12:51 AM

No longer car shopping...
Thanks for the clarification

Ben - Thanks for the clarification on the mods abilities to restore a lost file. I understand that the forum itself is under the control of MBworld. I just didn't know if you guys had access. Your post clears that up.
Old 04-20-2003, 03:09 AM

Sorry Ndabunka, I must have been on the edge to fall at sleep, of cause I ment Nubomb.... it's corrected
Old 04-20-2003, 01:36 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Now i'm interested also! HPS deleted a thread with pictures of girls?! Man, that's so not cool.
Old 04-20-2003, 10:57 PM

Originally posted by Lucas
Nubomb

I am sorry to read, you think I am the bad boy off the class ???

Lets turn it 180 degree, what have Adam ever posted or what have you ever heard about HPS from a independant person, to earn your respect, other than he offer a cheaper kit than compeditors ?????.
Lets get one thing straight, HPS has done nothing to earn my respect. I am not promoting their product nor seen it in person so I am in no position to make any comment, either positive or negative. When I do see their product in person and finish doing my own research (other then this forum) then I will come to some conclusion on the kit. Furthermore, lets not turn this 180. If anyone is going to knock their product then they need to prove why, time and time again.

[/B][/QUOTE]
It seems to me you haven't been with us from the begining, and actually acuse me and Sleestack for always flaming HPS, you didn't even read the deleted thread, which this thread is about.[/B][/QUOTE]

Hopefully you are not a betting man, because you are dead wrong. I have been here since the begining and I read the deleted thread. Sleestack may be right with his feelings towards HPS but the bottom line is that his reply in that thread was uncalled for and I know I'm not the only one that felt that way. I already explained why so I'm not going into it again.

[/B][/QUOTE]
He deleted because it got too hot for him, and when you can't defend your self in writing, it's very bad PR to have it on the net for potential clients to read.[/B][/QUOTE]

You may be right but then again he just might be tired of the pointless attacks. Just for the record, I agree posts should not be deleted.

[/B][/QUOTE]What is not constructive in my former post ????, there are a lots of questions to answer and be my guest and prove me wrong in my " mud slinging ", which you haven't done so far. [/B][/QUOTE]

I didn't realize I had to prove anything to you. Do you really believe all your posts have been constructive? If I must, I will do some research and point out some posts.
Old 04-20-2003, 11:31 PM

Lucas - I did a search on mudslinger and believe it or not your name did happen to come up as well as others and mine (I never claimed to be an angel).

And just so you don't think I am attacking you I included this post, from you, which I would classify as a constructive question.

"With all respect for HPS, reading that article on BNZsport give me the impression that the only car ever done is the E 430.
That E 430 is the only car I ever heard mentioned, in a press release almost 2 years ago it was that car and fresh stories it's still the same E 430.
The article mentions the kit is made for 430, if there is an interest
for the 500 as well. If you call them they can do a M 104 staright six and a V6 112 if there is interest.
Is there a finished product or will they build if 6 customers gather
and then there will be 6 customers up for proto typing."

Now for a nonconstructive post.

"HPS

You are all wrong, we are not comparing, because there is nothing to compare.

Compare appels to appels, not a compressor system with a hair dryer, and that's all HPS is. "

Even though it's somewhat funny, it's uncalled for. There are many more like this.
Old 04-21-2003, 01:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by nubomb
Sleestack - come on now, I'm not being simplistic. I realize the problems you have with HPS go beyond the word elite. But the fact remains you went ape sh_t when they associated themselves among the "elite tuners" in that one particular post. I have no problem with you questioning the marketing tactics. Just do so in a way that doesn't give off the impression you are biased towards other products. Maybe we have different meanings for the word biased? Have you used and seen HPS's product? I realize with the projects you have going on you would not be impressed by their offerings but is it fair for you to say anything bad about their company? Is it possible others have different needs and would possibly want alternate products?

Now how come you edited your original post? When I read it briefly last night their was something in it about illegal marketing or something and that you had a marketing background? Please tell me what company doesn't put some kind of spin in their marketing tactics. Intel does it everyday claiming their chips are the best because they pump out fast speeds and then charge more for it. The average consumer buys into that crap all the time. I saw HPS's other post and I think you blew it out of porportion. They were just having fun contributing to the board posting some pictures and advertising their product. Constructive critizism is what we need here!!

Thanks for your little resume you gave us but what was the point, that you are busy? $500 million in assests sounds impressive but the fact is that means nothing. As a CFO you should be more interested on what kind of returns you make on those assests. How do the other parts of the equation look?

Now hard feelings and Congrats on being a new father.
You are entitled to have your opinion about my response to HPS's posts. I edited the first post because I didn't want to get into a lengthy discussion about marketing practices and legal liability associated with marketing hyperbole. Admittedly, my response was partly a reflection of my continuing frustration with HPS. If their post did not follow a history of posts filled with unresponsive replies and irresponsible marketing, I might not have responded in the way that I did. Nevertheless, I thought the characterization of their company as an "elite" tuner was ridiculous and misleading. I judge companies by their products and their business practices. I think HPS has given plenty of reasons to criticize their business on both accounts.

I gave my "resume" because SLK320 asked me if I had nothing better to do than troll the boards looking for excuses to ream HPS. I appreciate your tips on how to be a more effective CFO, however, I believe I'm handling my job fine.

Definitely no hard feelings. I think we just disagree on this one.
Old 04-21-2003, 02:28 PM

Originally posted by Sleestack

I gave my "resume" because SLK320 asked me if I had nothing better to do than troll the boards looking for excuses to ream HPS. I appreciate your tips on how to be a more effective CFO, however, I believe I'm handling my job fine.

Definitely no hard feelings. I think we just disagree on this one.
It does appear that you handle your job quite well, if you would like any more tips just send me an email .

On a lighter note. That number $500 million really stuck in my head for some reason. Your name isn't Mickey Monus by any chance?
Old 04-21-2003, 02:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

On a lighter note. That number $500 million really stuck in my head for some reason. Your name isn't Mickey Monus by any chance?
No. Fortunately I don't have 1/2 billion in losses to hide. In my prior occupation, however, I did work on some of the deals that have recently brought Bob Gordon (of Cisco) much undesired attention.
Old 04-21-2003, 05:13 PM

Nubomb

I mixed you up with Ndabunka, sorry for that

In all fairness, then I think I can remember what HPS wrote before
I posted the " hair dryer " comment :

1 mysterious member off MBW posts 3 posts, in all he says HPS is great, thanks Adam and great price Adam - ect.ect.
Adam relpies - yes HPS is great and compared to KLEEMANN bla.bla. If Adam kept his nose in his own stuff, I would never had
made that comment.

We are on the same page here, and as I can understand 3-4 days more, he have blown with you as well.
Old 04-21-2003, 08:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
GL450, Sienna SE
Anyone seen my Honda lately?

All I'm waiting for is someone to call someone a ricer now. Hahahaha. Please continuing flaming..... This thread cracks me up.
Old 04-21-2003, 09:27 PM

Originally posted by BrabusCClass
Anyone seen my Honda lately?

All I'm waiting for is someone to call someone a ricer now. Hahahaha. Please continuing flaming..... This thread cracks me up.
No, I am done...at least for this thread. One man can only take on so much and the force is strong on this board. There is this inner circle that is almost impregnable. They have a pretty good propaganda machine running that could rival Goebbels. It must be a german thing

Before anyone gets their panties in a twist, I'm just kidding!!!!
Old 04-22-2003, 03:23 AM

No, I am done...at least for this thread. One man can only take on so much and the force is strong on this board. There is this inner circle that is almost impregnable. They have a pretty good propaganda machine running that could rival Goebbels. It must be a german thing

Before anyone gets their panties in a twist, I'm just kidding!!!!
Old 04-22-2003, 01:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Re: Re: HPS... What is with deleting your thread?

Originally posted by HPS (Adam)
Sleestack,

All posts directed to our company are saved, printed, and forwarded to our lawyers office. If I read ANY further false, misleading, or discrediting posts about our company. Legal action will take place!
Don't be an idiot making vain threats. You might as well have told me that you are going to tell your daddy. I'm a lawyer too. Point out one thing I have said that constitutes a basis for libel. I have never discredited your factual assertions regarding the performance of your product. I am perfectly entitled to opine that your product is inferior and that your business is run like amatuer hour. The fact that you can make such a ridiculous threat should show all MBworld members what you guys are really about. You are a sponsor on this board and you can't even the handle the scrutiny of one member? Instead of answering questions and addressing issues, you threaten to take "legal" action against me? Do you see me avoiding difficult questions and making threats against other board members? What a joke. Grow some nads.

I would really like to hear the opinion of another board member who supports you on this one.

Last edited by Sleestack; 04-22-2003 at 03:01 PM.
Old 04-22-2003, 03:06 PM
Out Of Control!!

Volvo V90 CC
Re: Re: Re: HPS... What is with deleting your thread?

I would really like to hear the opinion of another board member who supports you on this one.
Well, i migh support him if he puts a free s/c systems and does a good job and I'm satisfied with the gains................................hey, you can't blame me for trying
Old 04-22-2003, 03:07 PM
Out Of Control!!

Volvo V90 CC
Originally posted by vraa
Now i'm interested also! HPS deleted a thread with pictures of girls?! Man, that's so not cool.
I have all the pictures, I got you covered
Old 04-22-2003, 03:08 PM

The fact that you can make such a ridiculous threat should show all MBworld members what you guys are really about.
It does.
Old 04-22-2003, 03:42 PM

Re: Re: Re: HPS... What is with deleting your thread?

I'm not supporting anyone on this one but what transpired here today is the excact point I was trying to make. In the end nothing has been or will be learned.
Old 04-22-2003, 03:52 PM

Nubomb

Who is German here - I did copy you post and forwarded it to my laywer - 1 more and I will take legal action.

Adam

Thank you so much, nice job
Old 04-22-2003, 05:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Re: Re: Re: Re: HPS... What is with deleting your thread?

I'm not supporting anyone on this one but what transpired here today is the excact point I was trying to make. In the end nothing has been or will be learned.
Nubomb, it didn't have to end up like this. You and I disagreed on many points, however, we were able to have a rational discussion about our differences and in the end, chose to disagree. HPS, a sponsor of this board, simply ignored my questions, then chose to threaten me. Fortunately, I have a legal background and know that HPS's threats have no merit. If it was another member, that might not have been the case.

This board is all about discussion. Sometimes its a love fest and sometimes it gets ugly. If anyone should be able to handle that, it should be a sponsor. If I was slandering HPS and making libelous statements of fact about their product I could understand HPS' response, however, that is simply not the case. I actually do think something was learned through this process... I might suck but HPS swallows (and just so HPS doesn't threaten to sue me again, I mean that figuratively and as an opinion).

Last edited by Sleestack; 04-22-2003 at 05:14 PM.
Old 04-22-2003, 09:26 PM
MBWorld Founder

ones too fast according to CHP!
If the HPS system is junk and only puts out 40 as opposed to the 100 HP they claim, why are they a sponser?
HPS is a sponsor as they wanted a chance to post information about their product to attempt to give people information. We would not let them post these types of sales related posts without being a sponsor, as that would be a violation of our terms of service.

Further, it is not up to the MBWorld staff to 'police' who is and who is not telling the truth. As long as everyone follows the rules, they are welcome.

As a representative of evosport, myslef, Mach430 or MR.Vanos may tell you somethign else, but as reps of MBWorld, we are attempting to be unbiased and let even those manufacturer's that we do not rep have equal play here.

Thanks

Brad
Old 04-22-2003, 11:58 PM

98 E430
Wow, HPS is going after Sleektack for slandering...this is getting HOT HOT HOT!

I'm with pocholin, I'll support them 120% if I get a sponsored S/C kit

at this point, I think I'm just going to fabricate my own S/C kit.
Old 04-23-2003, 12:43 AM

libel, not slander.
Old 04-23-2003, 01:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I think it's reasonable at this point for Sleestack to summarize his questions (all of them) into a single post, numbered and/or bulleted, and everyone else give HPS the chance, time, and incentive to answer by demonstraiting restraint and not just tearing into HPS out of the gate. Just reasonable questions for HPS, and responsible answers from HPS.

Once those two critical steps are taken, everyone can voice their opinions. Otherwise, these threads make the same points over, and over, and over again. The only "good, bad, or ugly" thing it does is keep the issue at the top of the forum, so those that missed the earlier threads get to see it. This is been beaten to DEATH.

1. What would be an outline of the proposed questions?
2. What would be the answers to the questions?

And hey kids, keep it technical. You guys made me go hang in off-topic because these were the only active threads. Not that anyone, missed me. (flame-suit)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 3.00 average.

Quick Reply: HPS... What is with deleting your thread?