Performance Upgrades & Tuning Discuss general performance and tuning enhancements for your Mercedes-Benz.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Supersprint

HPS... What is with deleting your thread?

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 3.00 average.

Old 04-23-2003, 04:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Adam

Please stop this self pitty, you have been asked question after question, why should Sleestack or anybody else ask them again ??.
Old 04-23-2003, 05:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by HPS (Adam)
nukblazi,

I agree, ask any questions in a professional manner and you'll receive a detailed answer.
Notice Adam's instinct isn't to say he is going to respond in a professional manner? There is no way I'm going to waste my time reiterating all my questions, particularly those that Adam chose to delete. I think its pretty clear that he will be selectively responsive and avoids all difficult issues. This thread is dead.

By the way Adam, I'm still waiting to hear from your lawyers. I'd be very interested in what they have to say. In fact, let them know I said:

You are a fool. Sue me.
Your product is inferior and your dynos aren't impressive. Sue me.
You run your company like its a highschool project. Sue me.
I feel very sorry for any MB owner who has to compromise by putting your product in their car. Sue me.
HPS should stand for Huge Piece of Sh*t. Sue me.
I'll be glad to let any MB owner know what I really think of HPS. Sue me.
Admittedly, now I'm being childish. Sue me.
Old 04-23-2003, 05:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Ah- for christ's sake guys. All of you. Yes, all of you, Sleestack, who has the least liability in this, Lucus, you make too much f'ing money and you own a dignified tuning company!!!! Adam!!! Dude??? WTF is with you people???

Sleestack, do any of your question exist on the old threads? I'll f**king dig through and post them. I am *** jobless. I have the time....

I don't want to get into what conversations were had or who was right. I'd like to get the questions listed sequencially (I am not technical enough to come up with good ones off the top of my head), and HPS to be able to answer them. This technical forum used to be superior to any of the others I'd viewed....

What happened?

I respect all of you, and this BS is disheartening.
Old 04-23-2003, 06:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sleestack

Being a CFO of a multi-million dollar corporation and overseeing $500 million dollars in assets. LOL!. I would think overseeing these funds were more important than debating or arguing on pointless threads like this one on a daily basis. CFO? Doubt it.

Good luck with your new vehicle and baby!
I always have time for you Adam.... I'll make sure of that. Fortunately, I can multitask and have constant access to the internet. You can doubt my credentials all you want but, if you really feel confident in your doubts about my credentials, are you a betting man? I'd be happy to put up a significant amount of money on that bet. Before you take that bet, a few questions:

Why would it be improbable that a person with an ivy league JD, who represented Cisco on over $20 billion worth of acquisitions and investments, be in a position to hold the titles of VP and CFO for a corporation and manage a significant portfolio of assets?

Where would a 33 year old be making enough money to fund a crazy one-off CLK project that cost substantially more than the underlying car?

Where would a 33 year old be making enough money to buy a house in the middle of Los Altos Hills?

Why would I lie about my credentials in the first place? Do you do that? I don't because I just don't see the point.

After all this discussion, the best you could come up with is questioning my credentials? I'd like to see alittle more effort on your part.
Old 04-23-2003, 06:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by nukblazi
Ah- for christ's sake guys. All of you. Yes, all of you, Sleestack, who has the least liability in this, Lucus, you make too much f'ing money and you own a dignified tuning company!!!! Adam!!! Dude??? WTF is with you people???

Sleestack, do any of your question exist on the old threads? I'll f**king dig through and post them. I am *** jobless. I have the time....

Unfortunatley some of those questions were deleted by HPS along with his thread... which is what started this thread.

I feel for you Nukblazi. I will admit that I am responsible for much of the assinine conversation in this thread. Unfortunatley, HPS is ready to blame everyone but themselves. I can't promise that I'll stop because HPS has attacked me personally, and for that, I'll always have something to say about them. Nevertheless, I'll at least try to keep future comments off tthis forum.
Old 04-23-2003, 06:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Holy *****-

No matter who either of you all are or what you own, rent, manage, or the titles you hold. You both are just discrediting yourselves!

Sleestack, not for nothing, but in the time you wrote your defense, you could summarized past questions into one-liners! Everyone here already knows enough about you to be envious of your CLK, house, I sure you have some hot little betty at home, or maybe two.

Adam, if you can remember any of the questions, if you saved his posts to be sent to your lawyer, dig through them and try to answer them.

F**K
Old 04-23-2003, 06:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by Sleestack
... Nevertheless, I'll at least try to keep future comments off tthis forum.
I understand, I leaned on HPS as much as I could before. I tried to ask questions, others had posted, I just wordsmithed to avoid personal attacks, I got answers that were satisfactory to me.

I the only thing I don't get it you have the sickest vehicle project, not just benz, and I haven't seen enough it of. I know I am not the only one here walking around drooling thinking about that car. Why engage in this shiet when you could continue to be the envy of MB's all over the world by posting more about your car???

Shiet... CFO, VP, hook a brotha up... can I send you my resume? I had to pull the sways and springs outta my car to get food money. LOL
Old 04-23-2003, 06:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Holy *****-

No matter who either of you all are or what you own, rent, manage, or the titles you hold. You both are just discrediting yourselves!

Sleestack, not for nothing, but in the time you wrote your defense, you could summarized past questions into one-liners! Everyone here already knows enough about you to be envious of your CLK, house, I sure you have some hot little betty at home, or maybe two.

F**K
C'mon. In all fairness, I was just trying to let HPS know that if he wanted to start questioning my credentials, I was perfectly willing to back my credntials up. HPS asks why I wrote about my background after putting them in question in the first place. Don't you think that's a bit unfair? That was the point. Unlike HPS, I actually try to respond to posts directed at me. I don't want anyone to envy me and there are certainly MBworld members with better credentials and greater assets than me. Only one hotty by the way.

I hear your plea.
Old 04-23-2003, 06:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I understand, I leaned on HPS as much as I could before. I tried to ask questions, others had posted, I just wordsmithed to avoid personal attacks, I got answers that were satisfactory to me.

I the only thing I don't get it you have the sickest vehicle project, not just benz, and I haven't seen enough it of. I know I am not the only one here walking around drooling thinking about that car. Why engage in this shiet when you could continue to be the envy of MB's all over the world by posting more about your car???

Shiet... CFO, VP, hook a brotha up... can I send you my resume? I had to pull the sways and springs outta my car to get food money. LOL
As a fellow native Jersey boy, I feel for you. What did you do for a living until now?

I don't talk much about my car, because it just makes me more anxious to get it back. I am greatly looking forward to the end product and sharing it with MBworld members who have the time to slip by Silicon Valley.
Old 04-23-2003, 06:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Santa Cruz Blur
Originally posted by Sleestack

Why would it be improbable that a person with an ivy league JD, who represented Cisco on over $20 billion worth of acquisitions and investments, be in a position to hold the titles of VP and CFO for a corporation and manage a significant portfolio of assets?

As a CSCO shareholder, I sure hope that these were good ones. Any idea what the current value of these acq's and investments would be ??? Maybe it will turn around someday, sooner rather than later.

Oh yes, and on this topic. I would love for there to be some straight answers from HPS but at the same time, certain people need to move on with non stop criticism. I am not sure what you gain, except for being able to get out some of your daily anxiety/frustrations on the keyboard. I save that for telemarketers and Customer Service Reps from Sprint!

Last edited by sf280; 04-23-2003 at 06:35 PM.
Old 04-23-2003, 06:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

arg...

I understand both sides and both points... Look at this way. Sleestack, you've already made your decision. Some of us other consumers have intentions, but may or may not have made up our minds yet.

If you know enough technically, or even Biz Dev / Marketing / Sales, that would draw information out of HPS that would assist others in making informed, educated decisions, you should ask those questions. As we, the other members of the board, would benefit in two ways. 1. We would know some questions to ask other vendors 2. We would know more about HPS.

HPS, as a vendor, when those questions are asked, you owe your potential customers the answers to these questions. You would only hurt yourself by not answering.

The only other point I could make is that Sleestack is a board member. He has more right to get personal. His revenue doesn't depend on his professionalism here in anyway.

HPS as a sponsor, should hold the resolve to withstand any attacks with humility and dignity, while providing answers to the best of their ability. I don't know if I could have done it either though. Kleemann reps, as sponsors, should be able to not cross the line of competitive jawwing.

Thomas
Old 04-23-2003, 06:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Nukblazi,

After reviewing numerous of Sleestacks posts. I really didn't see any questions not answered by myself. He asked for raw data from a current HPS s/c vehicle. . . done. Next was a third party reviewing our product . . . done. Third was to view other vehicles we supercharge. . done. After that the tone and direction of questions changed into harsh personal attacks than inquiring questions that members would seek.

I tried Nukblazi.
You really want to keep this going? Please, that's an easy statement to make when you have deleted an entire thread and selectively picked out questions that you have answered. I have asked you questions about your product and your business. you dismiss the ones you want as personal attacks when in fact they are just difficult questions. For example:

You repeatedly question Kleemann dyno results posted on this board asserting that their calculations are different than yours. The best way to resolve the discrepancy is to get an HPS car and Kleemann car up on the same dyno and run them head to head. This would abviously be very useful to MB owners in their effort to assess the 2 products. Why have you not yet accepted the invitation, especially given your proximity to an authorized kleemann dealer?
Old 04-23-2003, 06:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by sf280
As a CSCO shareholder, I sure hope that these were good ones. Any idea what the current value of these acq's and investments would be ??? Maybe it will turn around someday, sooner rather than later.

Oh yes, and on this topic. I would love for there to be some straight answers from HPS but at the same time, certain people need to move on with non stop criticism. I am not sure what you gain, except for being able to get out some of your daily anxiety/frustrations on the keyboard. I save that for telemarketers and Customer Service Reps from Sprint!
No, unfortunately, many of the deals I worked on didn't turn out so great for Cisco (e.g. acquisition of Pirelli's optical networking units). IMO, they (as well as many other tech companies) went a little crazy with their acquisition and investment strategy, however, they still have a great core business.

I want to move on but I'm a glutton for getting the last word in. God, I can't believe I'm responsible for this mess of a thread.

Last edited by Sleestack; 04-23-2003 at 06:51 PM.
Old 04-23-2003, 06:49 PM
MBWorld Founder

ones too fast according to CHP!
We have made the offer to run the cars back to back about a dozen times! Not once has HPS taken the challenge! And none of their 'customers' have ever come out of the dark to volunteer either. We see a lot of the customized cars around SoCal (shows, track days, the board, etc.) and I have NEVER seen an HPS car. We can give out over a dozen people who we have personally installed Kleemann's on - and those are just the ones that have said they do not mind being contacted!

Thanks

Brad
Old 04-23-2003, 06:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sleestack you have PM... it'd be off-topic to post the resume on the board.

EDIT- I've always thought the Dyno day would be a good idea. I think it should be down. If either system doesn't put out as much HP and torque then the next, each system still has it's place in the market.

Last edited by nukblazi; 04-23-2003 at 07:27 PM.
Old 04-23-2003, 10:01 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
No one is questioning which system makes more power, both companies will agree to that. The reason for the dyno is to show:
1. What power is truly being made
2. That the power is being made in a healthy format.

I have yet to see an a/f ratio (other than Timster's HPS http://photo.starblvd.net/~c54tim/2-...=*5D293E0791DF https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...mster+and+dyno ) which should be a critical question for anyone considering a supercharger, turbocharger, engine conversion, or performance chip. You can make 700hp, but if the a/f ratio is bad then what's the point? Power and reliability need to come hand in hand. I have an a/f ratio of 12.5, which is perfect for a forced induction motor. Our modified C32 also has an a/f of 12.5. Every Kleemann car we have tested is also right around 12.5. I have yet to even hear a response to a/f related questions by HPS on the board of a technical merit.

It's issues like this that cause myself, Sleestack and others to question other performance companies. It is not an issue of being afraid of the competition, it's a matter of trying to protect people from making potentially big mistakes. And yes, at times, we tend to get into heated debates. But it is only due to our passion for cars. No one said there is only one right way to supercharge a car. However, there are several wrong ways that it can be done. Without proper information, how do you know what you are going to get? Get a dyno, get it in writing, and verify it for yourself.

Vadim and I are currently working on a list of questions that we think everyone should ask and verify before purchasing a performance product. I will post it in a seperate thread once we have completed it.
Old 04-23-2003, 10:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mach-

Thank you. If you are categorizing the questions, could you post the SC specific questions in this thread, or another directed to HPS so Adam will have the chance to answer?

I am on no ones side and I think that at times, everyone has been a little wrong including myself. I just would like to see the questions and answers in a clear succinct thread.
Old 04-23-2003, 11:08 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I was planning on simply posting it as a sticky, an FYI for anyone looking for performance upgrades. From there, anyone could use them to ask any performance company. As for a supercharger, see an a/f ratio, and get it guaranteed to be the same on your car (providing it is healthy). If the system does not have an efficient intercooling system, than the above is many times more important (and it is already EXTREMELY important to begin with). Vadim or I will post more shortly in a different thread.
Old 04-24-2003, 03:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I was planning on simply posting it as a sticky, an FYI for anyone looking for performance upgrades. From there, anyone could use them to ask any performance company. As for a supercharger, see an a/f ratio, and get it guaranteed to be the same on your car (providing it is healthy). If the system does not have an efficient intercooling system, than the above is many times more important (and it is already EXTREMELY important to begin with). Vadim or I will post more shortly in a different thread.
This would be an invaluable sticky for those looking to purchase performance upgrades. I personally would much appreciate this! Thanks for the hard work! Too bad I don't live in SoCal.
Old 04-24-2003, 11:41 AM

Wow this thread has really taken off. I'm glad to see it is moving in a more positive direction.

Nukblazi - Nice job bringing it all together. I see we are almost on the same page with this discussion. It must be a NJ thing.

I probably should keep my mouth shut but I do need to make another comment about something stated earlier.

Originally posted by otoupalik
HPS is a sponsor as they wanted a chance to post information about their product to attempt to give people information. We would not let them post these types of sales related posts without being a sponsor, as that would be a violation of our terms of service.

Further, it is not up to the MBWorld staff to 'police' who is and who is not telling the truth. As long as everyone follows the rules, they are welcome.
This was taken from the TOS. It appears to me that many walk a very fine line when it comes to this rule. It also appears to me that some turn a blind eye when some posts walk this line, when it is in their best interests. I maybe reading to much into this, but in my mind this further bolsters my feelings that is forum can be biased at times.

"You agree, through your use of the Discussion Forums, that you will not post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law."

Originally posted by otoupalik
As a representative of evosport, myslef, Mach430 or MR.Vanos may tell you somethign else, but as reps of MBWorld, we are attempting to be unbiased and let even those manufacturer's that we do not rep have equal play here.

Thanks

Brad

I think I'm understanding what you are trying to say. So when I read a post by Mach430, I have to discern whether it is posted by Mach the enthusiast (a regular Joe), Mach the moderator (unbiased and keeping things civil), or Mach the salesman who is employeed by evosport who runs this board?

I can't begin to explain what I think is wrong with this situation.

Again I'm glad to see things moving in a more positive direction and I'm ready to let this thread die. I'm looking forward to the questions so we all can begin to hopefully learn something.
Old 04-24-2003, 04:12 PM

CLK55, Mini S
Oh Modfather...

...We need a war every seven or eight years to clear up the bad blood between the families.

Just another FXXkn lawyer. Tsk, Tsk. Very disappointing.

Was hoping you were at least a sports figure, tossing the big bucks around on your CLK...but then I suppose you would have been dumping it into an 'scalade instead. Should have known.

Old 04-24-2003, 09:07 PM

To anyone and everyone that is not on HPSs side, i say give it a rest. Leave the poor guy alone, he has nothing to back up his claims so lets not bash him and let him live in his dream. He has nothing to prove anything that he says, and the point is you guys will never find out the truth about his claims, and really do we need his proofs? i think most ppl here already have an idea how HPS is as a company and how their products stand by the way this managers or employees respond on this board. We have yet to hear anything positive about their product, though HPS claims that they have millions and millions of happy and satisfied customers, ironically, not one can come on MBW and back HPS up. In addition, when sleestack or ben and any of those guys raise a good point HPS completely shuts up, an example would be the invitation for HPS to come for a dyno with their 'all specs' HPS mobile, and what do we get from him as a response? He seems to have evaporated from this world. and maybe a couple of days later he will come back on and respond with something irrelavant and change the topic. Another example can be seen in his previous reply where he claims he dosnt have enuff time to come on MBW to search for all the questoins asked. This is one heated thread how can he not frequently check back to see sleestack's comeback? i doubt he is busily occupied by all his millions and milions of potential HPS customers. I repeat, the point is, to anyone and everyone who are not on HPS, stop the criticisms on this amateur company because you will never get an answer and its a complete waste of time. just my two pennies.
Old 04-24-2003, 09:36 PM

Merry X'mas and a Happy New Year
Tango you should think about changing your sig:p
Old 04-25-2003, 04:28 PM

no and never hahaha:p
Old 04-25-2003, 07:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I fortunately(?) have sigs diabled. Too many of them are out of hand.

I'll be hitting the Auto show tomorrow... Look forward to meeting everyone, seeing all of the tuners cars.

Who all is going to be there again?

Edit- Nubomb, are you going to the autoshow? Are you going to the NJ gtg in Edison on Sat?

Cars, tuner reps, and chance of you guys hitting the NJ gtg on Sunday? Good opportunity to hang out and have fun, eat, drink, and be merry.

Last edited by nukblazi; 04-25-2003 at 07:24 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 3.00 average.

Quick Reply: HPS... What is with deleting your thread?