Performance Upgrades & Tuning Discuss general performance and tuning enhancements for your Mercedes-Benz.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Supersprint

HPS... What is with deleting your thread?

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 3.00 average.

Old 04-25-2003, 08:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm glad to see this thread has evolved, however, I'm still waiting for HPS to answer my question regarding comparative dynos or at least tell me why its not a question they want to answer.
Old 04-26-2003, 01:31 PM

Received 81 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally posted by hmrdwn
Oh Modfather...

Just another FXXkn lawyer. Tsk, Tsk. Very disappointing.

Hey hey, watch it. Sleestack (I assume) and I (I know for sure) had worked very hard and suffered enough to get our "ivy league" JD's and please don't insult me personaly by comparing me to a "sports star" with under 60 IQ.
Old 04-26-2003, 09:01 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by HPS (Adam)
Originally posted by nubomb

Nubomb,

I encourage you to go! Have you received our media kit yet?
I was planning to go, but I have been busy. Maybe the next time you have a gathering in the NJ area I can check your product out.

I also think you may have me confused with someone else (I don't know anything about the media kit). I will send you an email for the kit.
Old 04-27-2003, 03:34 PM
Almost a Member!

1999 c43 w/lots of mods
Please be very cautious on reading information posted about HPS. As a selective few are trying to discredit us.)

HPS (Adam) i think its funny you have a disclaimer on your siggy not to belive what others say...so just who should we belive? you and only you :p
Old 04-27-2003, 08:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by nubomb
I was planning to go, but I have been busy. Maybe the next time you have a gathering in the NJ area I can check your product out...
Product? I have no stinkin product!

gtg was fun, it was cool checking out the different mods people have done/ not done. Lots of coupes, sedans, a new CLK (NICE), CLK, and an E showing up.

The tuner showing needed to be inside! Got to hang out and speak with the Benzo guys and Brandon from Kleemann for a while. Good times, thanks to Brandon for all of the time spent answering my questions and explaining in detail the things I didn't understand.

Others NEED to be there next time.

Last edited by nukblazi; 04-27-2003 at 08:20 PM.
Old 04-28-2003, 05:40 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Originally posted by HPS (Adam)
Sleestack,

It wouldn’t be in our best interest to allow Evosport (A Kleemann distributor and competitor) run a dynamometer run on one of our supercharge vehicles. It would be very easy to manipulate the data and show low performance numbers, instantly discrediting our company....
Adam-
(trying not to be confrontational) One can also be of the opinion that letting the competition test your product has it's advantages, in that if the product truly does what is advertised (I'm not saying yours doesn't), then the competition has first-hand proof of what the product is capable of right? Please correct me if I'm wrong. Also, how can you tell the Dyno shop that did Timster's car had it in the wrong gear? I'm not trying to be a d!@k, I'm just curious.
Old 04-28-2003, 06:10 PM
MBWorld Founder

ones too fast according to CHP!
Sleestack,

It wouldn’t be in our best interest to allow Evosport (A Kleemann distributor and competitor) run a dynamometer run on one of our supercharge vehicles. It would be very easy to manipulate the data and show low performance numbers, instantly discrediting our company.
That is such a total BS chicksh*t cop-out! Vadim (our dyno technician) has done thousands of dynos for magazines, legal cases, race tuning, etc. He and we (evosport) would never risk our reputation to try to discredit HPS. No need!

Due to this absolute BS, we have offered numerous times to bring our car to ANY dyno in SoCal, but I have yet to see the arrangements made Adam!

Please don't try to fool anyone with this total line of disrespectful crap!

Bring it or shut the hell up! We are happy to show Kleemann and evosport power anywhere and anytime!

Thanks

Brad
Old 04-28-2003, 06:48 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Hello Cory,

Thank you for your thoughts.

I forwarded the dynamometer results from timsters CLK55 to our dyno guy at Magnuson Products in Ventura. He has over 15 years experience in this field and tested hundreds and hundreds of vehicles. His feelings were the operator at the Mustang ranch ran it in 1st gear and the ESP switch clicked on causing the zig – zag patterns.

I’ve been involved with at least 14 vehicles s/c and dyno at Magnuson Products in Ventura. Each time we would start off in 1st gear and experience the same results. Up & down, up & down, ESP switch clicks on, and etc.

Being a head mechanic for Kleemann you know there’s a certain gear and rpm to by-pass activation of the ESP switch. This is critical to get an accurate chart.

In this case the Mustang ranch results were invalid. Because how is it possibly for our s/c CLK55 to produce up to 113 hp and Timsters pushed 40hp? Second, I have a digital photo that I’ll post showing 4psi while testing his car.
Adam-
Thanks for your reply! I'm not saying that I don't believe Timster's car wasn't making 4 psi. You can save yourself the trouble of posting that picture. I think Brad's offer is a good one. Take a KLEEMANN car and a HPS car to an independant dyno who has never done any testing on either KLEEMANN or HPS supercharged cars, and let the numbers do the talking. Hell, get someone from Renntech to do the test, that way we know the operator knows how to dyno a MBZ. Just a though.
Old 04-28-2003, 06:53 PM

98 E430
I say both company should come to an agreement. Take their cars to a neutral party and get it dyno'd. However the car itself should only have the S/C installed. No additional motor work, drive-train work, etc...

I say you guys take it to Brother's Performance in Corona. Have a representative at each company to attend, as well as third-party witnesses.

So we can finally just settle this matter once and for all.
Old 04-28-2003, 07:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Eurorides420,

I think the majority of members recognize an attempt to steer or discredit our company. Over 24 members have sent me emails saying the same thing.

Just read this thread for example, what was the purpose or objective? An easy solution was to send me a private email. But no. let’s start a new thread and take out all your angry on us. See my friend the intention here is to discredit us enough so potential customers on the fence look away. It’s common in business.

You can believe what you want, yet look at the source who’s giving it.
You know, I tried to let this thread die and give you an opportunity to answer more performance oriented questions, but, once again, you insist on blaming me for your for you lack of professionalism and BS marketing tactics. I posted this thread because you deleted an entire thread rather than deal with questions posed to you in that thread. You are a sponsor on this board so why the hell should I have to pm you with questions that I think are relevant to the entire board?

You keep saying I'm trying to discredit you , but what would be my motivation? I have no financial stake in any car related company and am only looking for better tuning alternatives for my cars. You don't see me bashing other companies like Renntech, Brabus or MKB or other sponsors like Wheel Experts. Plus why would I need to help you discredit youself when you seem to do a fine job yourself?

As for your reason for not showing up to a head to head with Kleemann. What a bunch of BS. A dyno done on the same day with your representatives present should be easily controllable and verifiable. Furthermore a head to head on a track would be completely within your control. You could always use a 3rd party dyno as well... in fact, I'll pay for that out of my own pocket if control is really your concern. Lets be real. We all know that the reason you won't put your cars up against a Kleemann car is because it won't make your product look particularly impressive. Sure, your product is cheaper, but most MB owners aren't looking for cheaper, they are looking for the product that performs better.

As for those 24 members who have pm'ed you. Great for you but not for them if they end up putting your 2nd rate SC system in their cars.
Old 04-28-2003, 07:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E320
It wouldn’t be in our best interest to allow Evosport (A Kleemann distributor and competitor) run a dynamometer run on one of our supercharge vehicles. It would be very easy to manipulate the data and show low performance numbers, instantly discrediting our company.
It would be even easier to manupulate the data for one's own company to show high performance numbers, especially when that company is so reluctant to let a third party run a separate dyno.
Old 04-28-2003, 07:23 PM

hey guys, don't discredit evosport as being nothing but genuine. I know evosport won't manipulate numbers... otherwise, I would have produced more than 249.7 hp to the wheels.
Old 04-28-2003, 07:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by Turbo][
I say both company should come to an agreement. Take their cars to a neutral party and get it dyno'd. However the car itself should only have the S/C installed. No additional motor work, drive-train work, etc...

So we can finally just settle this matter once and for all.
I, a mere board member, have offered to pay for this comparo. test out of my own pocket. I am absoutley sick of HPS's bullcrap and I want MB world members to see the difference between the 2 systems once and for all.

Last edited by Sleestack; 04-28-2003 at 07:35 PM.
Old 04-28-2003, 07:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Brad,

Did I mention your company would manipulate the numbers? Read my post again. . . Actually I copy & paste for you. Please show where?

Your just talking about semantics here. Cut the BS. The obvious conclusion one would draw from your statement is that you don't want to test your car at Evosport because you don't trust them not to manipulate the numbers. How is that really any different than blatantly accusing them of manipulating numbers?
Old 04-28-2003, 09:27 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Would it be considered manipulating numbers if one were to draw their dyno in Microsoft Excel:

Or emailing E55KEV sub-4 second 0-60 mph times:
Thank you for your interest in HPS products.
Since there are no external differences in the 430 and
the 55 engines our E430 system will install on the E55
with no modifications with excellent results. Our
recent testing of a CLK55 with our system resulted in
a reduction of the 0-60 acceleration time from 4.75
seconds to 3.8 seconds. Our Supercharger Systems are
distributed by CEC (Claus Ettensberger Corporation).
Your contact will be Jeff Cadavid (jeff@cecwheels.com).
You can reach him by telephone at: Office 800/766-0064
or Cel 310/753-7534. Thanks again for your interest in
HPS.

Bruce Eikelberger
Director of Engineering
https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...arger+and+e430

And let's not get started on the other side to the Timster (who has yet to publically share his case) saga, multiple user names, and countless other misleading activities.

Sometimes I wonder whether you are aware of the incorrect data you spread, or if you actually believe it is true. Either way, I find it disgusting.
Old 04-28-2003, 09:33 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
MS Excel, how dare you use a Microsoft product!

Wow that's like a 100hp gain right? Can someone please explatin why you have different rpms? Is that saying where most of the power comes out of the engine? Or is that something that can be changed to make it seem like you have more power?

*smacked in face with a picture of a dyno*

So, how come in that quote they never mention hp anywhere? I mean as far as i know they could be ripping out my seats to get that time.
Old 04-28-2003, 09:37 PM
Almost a Member!

1999 c43 w/lots of mods
HPS dodges the truth like a PR spokesman . hps you got any time slips for those amazing 0-60 times??
Old 04-28-2003, 09:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by vraa
MS Excel, how dare you use a Microsoft product!

Wow that's like a 100hp gain right? Can someone please explatin why you have different rpms? Is that saying where most of the power comes out of the engine? Or is that something that can be changed to make it seem like you have more power?

*smacked in face with a picture of a dyno*

So, how come in that quote they never mention hp anywhere? I mean as far as i know they could be ripping out my seats to get that time.
They are showing (actually drawing) where the peak hp is being made stock v. HP. Peak hp is being made at a highere RPM after the SC installation. All powercurves peak somewhere, which is the number that people refer to when they are talking about their car's hp output.

Ripping the seats out won't give you more hp, however, it will improve performance times if it makes your car significantly lighter.
Old 04-28-2003, 10:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2011 GL450
Sleestack,

This is very common in business; you never let a competitor test your products! Do you think Broadcom lets other test the efficient is one of their chips? No!

Point be made, the timster issue - timster (Kleemann owner / competitor) had a third party (Mustang ranch) dyno his CLK55 and he posted poor performance numbers on the all three forums. Even though those performance numbers were invalid, (Since the owner ran it the wrong gear) People assume our product is not efficient. (Even though I have a digital photo of a boost gauge in timster's CLK55 showing 4 pounds of boost.)

Another situation, when Kleemann offered to check out Timster’s car before installation of their supercharger system. Brandon I believed noted 5 to 6 problems due to HPS supercharger system. What's interesting here is I have an email in timsters files, which shows, his satisfaction once the supercharger was removed.

The point I'm making Sleestack, is that I don't trust my competitors at all! Because given the chance there will go to extreme measures to damage our company's reputation! It's competition.

It's sad but the automotive world is very cut-throat!

I just had to come back and read all the post and look at what I found.
A post that states my DYNO was done wrong! HMMM that just lights my fire!
Let’s see, did HPS contact the Mustang Ranch in Santa Clara to find out which gear my car was ran in? NO

Post the pictures of the 4lbs boost I want to see that!

An E-mail that states Timster was satisfied with the superchargers removal?

I never sent such an e-mail, if I did why don't you post it?

Once again I get pulled into a debt about the quality of an HPS product. I must be the only person in the world to have ever owned an HPS product and live to tell about it?

Why does this happen?

[B] Because I am the only person to ever post any real facts about the HPS system. And every time I do I am called a lire by HPS [B/]

But yet they have NO PROOF . I have no reason to lie, and you will never catch me in a lie, unlike some people.

For the most part I have avoided responding to most of the comments. (Except for the occasional poke just for fun).

HPS,
You asked for this!
And ADAM you weren’t there so you comments are invalid.

Here’s why I got rid of your product, and MONEY had nothing to do with it!

1. Your advertisement stated 9-12 hours to install.
(You took fourteen days)

2. Your people were the ones that offered a discount and asked me not to pay until I was satisfied. I said nothing!

3. Your people were the ones that told me that they would contact me in three weeks to see if I was happy with the Supercharger. But your people decided to contact an attorney and tried to sue me. Just two days after your people made the above comments.

4. After I had my attorney contact your attorney, your people contacted me and asked to see if we could settle this with out lawyers. You guys tried scare tactics but they didn’t work!
(I will post the letters from your lawyer and your business manager with dates to back it up if you question any of this! I’m sure your people do not want to get involved)

5. Your product does not work as advertised. (Plan an simple!)

6. Your product was not designed to fit into my car.

7. If it was then why did your engineer have to put felt on the finder of my car in three location to try and prevent vibration?

8. Why was it when your engineer hooked up a boost gauge we never saw more than 2.3lbs of boost, even though I hit red line three times, at speeds well above 100mph?

9. Why was it the first time your engineer hooked up his Boost gauge did it stop working?
(Because the Supercharger was to close to the finder and cut the hose in two pieces).

10. Why did my car run poorly in the rain?
(Because your fuel management doesn’t work. My car was starving for fuel, and I have the fuel curve to prove it!)

11. Why was it that my car smelled of exhaust fumes when parked in an enclosed area?
(Because you bi-pass valve did not work correctly and allowed exhaust fumes to build up and release after the car shut off.)

12. Why are there scratch marks in my engine bay where your Supercharger hit the body. (Because the parts where not Designed to fit a CLK55 AMG)

I have more but I’ll stop there.

Oh ya one more thing, Adam if you continue to make public comments about me and that I had alterative motives other than having your product installed on my vehicle. I will see to it that those comments will be stopped.

I truly hope that all this will stop. There is no need to go any farther. You will never redeem yourself in my eyes. Just face the facts your product didn’t work on my vehicle, because the design was not complete but you tried to sell it anyway.

I do not work for Kleemann, EVOsport or MBworld. I have not been nor will I ever be compensated by any of the above companies. My statements are based upon the events that happened over a four month period. (Everything I have stated above can be backed up with E-mails and Dyno charts)

Last edited by Timster; 04-28-2003 at 10:47 PM.
Old 04-29-2003, 12:03 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

... when Kleemann offered to check out Timster’s car before installation of their supercharger system. Brandon I believed noted 5 to 6 problems due to HPS supercharger system. What's interesting here is I have an email in timsters files, which shows, his satisfaction once the supercharger was removed....

It's sad but the automotive world is very cut-throat!
The 6 documented "problems" with Timsters car were found with a MBZ star dioagnose computer- a "code puller" will never reveal these problems as they are designed only to show OBDII related hard part failures. A star diagnose computer will tell you everything- the amount of information available is astounding.

While two of these problems can and did cause slight driveability problems (nothing profound) the other 4 were only indicative of disconnected or missing senor inputs (like the headlight range adjustment which is based on an input from a rear axle hieght sensor that was dis-lodged during transport).
Old 04-29-2003, 12:07 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally posted by Sleestack
They are showing (actually drawing) where the peak hp is being made stock v. HP. Peak hp is being made at a highere RPM after the SC installation. All powercurves peak somewhere, which is the number that people refer to when they are talking about their car's hp output.

Ripping the seats out won't give you more hp, however, it will improve performance times if it makes your car significantly lighter.
I understand now, so the peak (whereever that is) is the highest point where power is made, so the amount of hp genereated from that peak at the certain amount of RPM's the the stats recorded. I think i got it down.

Yeah, i know seats wont give power, but the fact that if their supercharger isn't generating the said power, who said their said time is true? Maybe they are ripping out my seats to make my car lighter to get to that time.
Old 04-29-2003, 02:10 AM

98 E430
Originally posted by Hank
hey guys, don't discredit evosport as being nothing but genuine. I know evosport won't manipulate numbers... otherwise, I would have produced more than 249.7 hp to the wheels.
As another Kleemann owner, why don't you tell us how you REALLY feel about their products and service?
Old 04-29-2003, 10:33 AM
Out Of Control!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow! After reading the last few pages of this thread i'm pretty amazed at how many people don't like HPS. Is it their product of PR or both?
Old 04-29-2003, 12:36 PM

Originally posted by Turbo][
As another Kleemann owner, why don't you tell us how you REALLY feel about their products and service?
As far as I can tell, the V6 application seems far inferior to the V8 counterparts. I will definitely go V8 for my next project.
Old 04-29-2003, 12:45 PM

98 E430
As far as I can tell, the V6 application seems far inferior to the V8 counterparts. I will definitely go V8 for my next project.

So as a Kleemann owner you feel their V6 application is inferior to their V8. Why? did you have problems with your Kleemann S/C? I thought the application were "universal".

ALso, the WHP claim, is that a guestimate, or you have that in writing? And if you do have that in black/white, what did Kleemann have to say on that Dyno run?

BTW: How long did it take for Evosport, if you purchased from them, to install your S/C unit?

Last edited by Turbo][; 04-29-2003 at 12:51 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 3.00 average.

Quick Reply: HPS... What is with deleting your thread?