Performance Upgrades & Tuning Discuss general performance and tuning enhancements for your Mercedes-Benz.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Supersprint

HPS... What is with deleting your thread?

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 3.00 average.

Old 04-16-2003, 08:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HPS... What is with deleting your thread?

Hey HPS,

I see your photoshoot thread with Renntech, Brabus and the ho's of Wicked is gone. I'm assuming you deleted it and I'm sure you are going to say it is because you felt the thread had degraded into childish banter, however, why not leave the post and let members decide for themselves? You never addressed most of the issues I raised in the thread even after I took the time to address each of your comments. You decided to criticize me in the thread, however, you didn't have the decency to address my comments. Is your company really that spineless and are you that unsure of your company and your product that you can't even stand behind your own statements?

Why am I beating a dead horse? First, I think important issues were raised in that thread. Second, I think its important for MBworld members to see how you handled those issues. Third, you made it personal by blaming me for the content of the thread and other HPS threads.

Seriously, what kind of BS is that? If you are going to be a sponsor on this board at least have the fortitude to deal with questions directed at you rather than deleting a post in the hope that members won't get the opportunity to read it.
Old 04-17-2003, 12:12 PM

I don't think HPS can delete the thread. I'm not sure what the settings are on this forum, but I think only moderators can delete threads.

EDIT: try deleting this thread and prove me wrong.

EDIT2: I stand corrected.

Last edited by Hank; 04-17-2003 at 12:24 PM.
Old 04-17-2003, 12:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
GL450, Sienna SE
Re: HPS... What is with deleting your thread?

Originally posted by Sleestack
Hey HPS,

I see your photoshoot thread with Renntech, Brabus and the ho's of Wicked is gone. I'm assuming you deleted it and I'm sure you are going to say it is because you felt the thread had degraded into childish banter, however, why not leave the post and let members decide for themselves? You never addressed most of the issues I raised in the thread even after I took the time to address each of your comments. You decided to criticize me in the thread, however, you didn't have the decency to address my comments. Is your company really that spineless and are you that unsure of your company and your product that you can't even stand behind your own statements?

Why am I beating a dead horse? First, I think important issues were raised in that thread. Second, I think its important for MBworld members to see how you handled those issues. Third, you made it personal by blaming me for the content of the thread and other HPS threads.

Seriously, what kind of BS is that? If you are going to be a sponsor on this board at least have the fortitude to deal with questions directed at you rather than deleting a post in the hope that members won't get the opportunity to read it.
This post has nothing do to with performace. Your just flaming, go post it in OT.

Last edited by BrabusCClass; 04-17-2003 at 12:24 PM.
Old 04-17-2003, 12:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A) A starter of a thread can delete the entire thread. Hank, if you want to check it out, start a thread and delete it.

B) I know this thread isn't performance related, however, the original thread that was deleted was. If I post this in OT, people wouldn't have a clue what I'm talking about and HPS might never see it. I'm not sure how posting this in a forum other than the one the orginal thread was in would be relevant.

Last edited by Sleestack; 04-17-2003 at 12:48 PM.
Old 04-17-2003, 01:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

GL450, Sienna SE
A) A starter of a thread can delete the entire thread. Hank, if you want to check it out, start a thread and delete it.

B) I know this thread isn't performance related, however, the original thread that was deleted was. If I post this in OT, people wouldn't have a clue what I'm talking about and HPS might never see it. I'm not sure how posting this in a forum other than the one the orginal thread was in would be relevant.
A) mods can also lock, and delete threads.

B) like i stated before, your just flaming. If I want to flame I can do that all I want on Honda-tech. You can go there too if you want. Just have your flame suit ready.
Old 04-17-2003, 02:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

a) Yes moderators can delete a post, but in this case, they didn't. I checked.

b) Did you even read the content of the original post? Explain exactly how I'm flaming... unless you are saying I'm "flaming" as in Liberace flaming... in that case, those are fighting words so get your boxing gloves ready.
Old 04-17-2003, 03:04 PM

Fight, Fight, Fight...... HaHa I love it and can't get enough....must pour more fuel onto the fire. I feel like I'm back in elementary school, 3:30 at the rock, we rumble!!

All this over the word "elite", how crazy...it's all opinion

Do you know what else I love? All this "educating" we receive here from the tuners and unbiased supporters. I would trust a used car salesman before I bought into any of this bullsh_t.
Old 04-17-2003, 04:25 PM

Received 81 Likes on 51 Posts
Sleestack - I have been observing your behavior on this board and I must admit that the impression you leave people with is either:

A. Kleeman pays you or discounts their products to you and in exchange you continue to pick on HPS in every thread no matter how distantly related.

B. You have nothing better to do than to start needless confrontations with a faceless corporation.

C. You have been terribly wronged by HPS somehow...

Never-the-less, no matter which of the above mentioned is true, these threads neither contribute to the technical forums, nor add substance nor further any memebers understanding of their cars.

So stop it. Please.

Thank you for your respect.
Old 04-17-2003, 04:31 PM

Off topic:

Sleestack, are you Asian?
Old 04-17-2003, 05:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E320
The guy does have a point. HPS has conducted themselves in a very poor fashion on this board. It is only fair potential customers get to see not only their product performance, but their conduct as well. After all, conduct can and does have an impact on a company's credibility and quality of service.

I think the MBWorld admins should just completely disable to ability for a thread starter to delete the entire thread. Most boards I know don't let you do that, and it's for good reason. A board needs to have continuity. Posts chopped here and there do nothing but break that.
Old 04-17-2003, 06:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Nubomb, this is not all over the word "elite". Don't be so simplistic. Either you didn't read the original thread or your powers of comprehension are limited. The only bias I may have is that I have a Keemann SC in my car and based on experience, I know their product rocks. If you know of any other biases, please enlighten me.

SLK320. I am a Kleemann user, however, that's it. I wish Kleemann would give me discounts, or even a free t-shirt, but that is not how they do business. I wish I had nothing better to do, however, my responsibilities as a VP, CFO and representative of assets worth well over $500 million, not to mention being a new father, keep me quite busy. I comment on HPS' posts because they are full of misleading BS. If you actually look at all the threads HPS has posted you will realize that I don't comment on all their threads and actually complemented them on their improved professionalism on certain occasions. Furthermore, if you actually look at the history of my posts, you would also realize that I do my best to provide forum members with information based on my experiences with MB tuning, which are more extensive than the average board member. I feel a greater obligation to help other members understand what is really out there than to avoid offending sponsors and members who don't want to deal with unpleasant issues.

You might not think these discussions add anything, however, realize that if you embark on a tuning project costing thousands of dollars, you better understand what you are buying and who you are dealing with. If I can help one member make a more informed choice, its worth it.

Hank... why do you want to know?

I guess I could delete this thread and avoid dealing with these comments, however, I actually believe in my BS.

Last edited by Sleestack; 04-17-2003 at 07:24 PM.
Old 04-17-2003, 06:20 PM

Hank... why do you want to know?

Just curious.. also a conversation piece.
Old 04-17-2003, 06:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by Hank
Just curious.. also a conversation piece.
Well, if you are Chinese, then I'm Korean.
Old 04-17-2003, 06:41 PM

I have to stay on Sleestacks side here, All posts / thread starts Adam ever made on MBW, has always been claims from him self with no support from 3 rd. party.
Everybody can make a claim or a press release, but with no support from a " real magazine test " or a lot of satisfied clients, I see all Adams claims as thunder from an empty drum.

Kleemann, sleestack, Mac 430 or my self don't flame Adam, we question his claims, only answer from Adam is " HPS use a Magnusson 4 th. generation bla. bla. So what ?????
Adam never answered any technical questions other than BS reply, and thats why we squeeze him a little.

My question is, why you guys hold your hands over him, I thourght these forums was to discouss technical stuff, not just starting threads with pure PR and when it's getting a little to hot for Adam, then he dosen't reply or reply with a BS reply which is a copy from a introduction letter / brochure and like now he deletes the whole thread.

Words like " The eye catching world famous HPS E 430 " ( Christ it's a bone stock E 430 ) - " HPS world head quaters " ( his got 2 shelves in his fathers company with parts, no bays, no work shop, no cars from clients, no Star Diagnose tester-without it he have no clue how the car operates ) " The worlds elite tuners " ( HPS is not a tuner, which in any way should compare it self with BRABUS, Renntech or anybody else, and when he does that he should go to a very expensive Doctor and have his head examined and you who dosent look right thru his scam should take a new look at the situation.

All of us here on MBW with a proffessionel back ground and quite a few members who knows cars and tuning, knows Adam is an empty drum, he can't even answer the most simple questions, and he have no experience in MB cars ( which is very clear in his earlier posts ) only from the world famous HPS E 430.

I guess inviting to a barbaque, give away a few T-shirts ( he promised to send me one a while ago, I never received it ??? )
take a few picture of ladies from the " industry ", makes HPS compressor great ?????
I still only heard of 1 HPS customer, all of us know how that went, so is Adam a victim here ???? or is he a victim of him self and his very limited understanding of MB cars and tuning ?????

Nobody would " Squeeze / Flame Adam, if he could answer the questions, why attac Sleestack - you should be happy that somebody here on MBW can ask a qualified question to a " proffesionel tuner " which the tuner can't answer or answer poorly, this is in my oppinion what's MBW is all about.

My 2 cents.

Last edited by Lucas; 04-19-2003 at 03:34 PM.
Old 04-17-2003, 10:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

GL450, Sienna SE
This really reminds me of Honda-tech. We need more gasoline! Flame suits on.

Man I wish I had the smilies with the blowtorch. Hahahaha.

Got Rice?
Old 04-17-2003, 10:04 PM

Well, if you are Chinese, then I'm Korean.
Dang shin nun, han gook saram e ya?
Old 04-18-2003, 11:05 AM

Nubomb, this is not all over the word "elite". Don't be so simplistic. Either you didn't read the original thread or your powers of comprehension are limited. The only bias I may have is that I have a Keemann SC in my car and based on experience, I know their product rocks. If you know of any other biases, please enlighten me.
Sleestack - come on now, I'm not being simplistic. I realize the problems you have with HPS go beyond the word elite. But the fact remains you went ape sh_t when they associated themselves among the "elite tuners" in that one particular post. I have no problem with you questioning the marketing tactics. Just do so in a way that doesn't give off the impression you are biased towards other products. Maybe we have different meanings for the word biased? Have you used and seen HPS's product? I realize with the projects you have going on you would not be impressed by their offerings but is it fair for you to say anything bad about their company? Is it possible others have different needs and would possibly want alternate products?

Now how come you edited your original post? When I read it briefly last night their was something in it about illegal marketing or something and that you had a marketing background? Please tell me what company doesn't put some kind of spin in their marketing tactics. Intel does it everyday claiming their chips are the best because they pump out fast speeds and then charge more for it. The average consumer buys into that crap all the time. I saw HPS's other post and I think you blew it out of porportion. They were just having fun contributing to the board posting some pictures and advertising their product. Constructive critizism is what we need here!!

Thanks for your little resume you gave us but what was the point, that you are busy? $500 million in assests sounds impressive but the fact is that means nothing. As a CFO you should be more interested on what kind of returns you make on those assests. How do the other parts of the equation look?

Now hard feelings and Congrats on being a new father.
Old 04-18-2003, 11:30 AM

Originally posted by Lucas
I have to stay on Sleestacks side here, All posts / thread starts Adam ever made on MBW, has always been claims from him self with no support from 3 rd. party.
Everybody can make a claim or a press release, but with no support from a " real magazine test " or a lot of satisfied clients, I see all Adams claims as thunder from a empty drum.

Kleemann, sleestack, Mac 430 or my self don't flame Adam, we question his claims, only answer from Adam is " HPS use a Magnusson 4 th. generation bla. bla. So what ?????
Adam never answered any technical questions other than BS reply, and thats why we squeeze him a little.

My question is, why you guys hold your hands over him, I thourght these forums was to discouss technical stuff, not just starting threads with pure PR and when it's getting a little to hot for Adam, then he dosen't reply or reply with a BS reply which is a copy from a introduction letter / brochure and like now he deletes the whole thread.

Words like " The eye catching world famous HPS E 430 " ( Christ it's a bone stock E 430 ) - " HPS world head quaters " ( his got 2 shelves in his fathers company with parts, no bays, no work shop, no cars from clients, no Star Diagnose tester-without it he have no clue how the car operates ) " The worlds elite tuners " ( HPS is not a tuner, which in any way should compare it self with BRABUS, Renntech or anybody else, and when he does that he should go to a very expensive Doctor and have his head examined and you who dosent look right thru his scam should take a new look at the situation.

All of us here on MBW with a proffessionel back ground and quite a few members who knows cars and tuning, knows Adam is an empty drum, he can't even answer the most simple questions, and he have no experience in MB cars ( which is very clear in his earlier posts ) only from the world famous HPS E 430.

I guess inviting to a barbaque, give away a few T-shirts ( he promised to send me one a while ago, I never received it ??? )
take a few picture of ladies from the " industry ", makes HPS compressor great ?????
I still only heard of 1 HPS customer, all of us know how that went, so is Adam a victim here ???? or is he a victim of him self and his very limited understanding of MB cars and tuning ?????

Nobody would " Squeeze / Flame Adam, if he could answer the questions, why attac Sleestack - you should be happy that somebody here on MBW can ask a qualified question to a " proffesionel tuner " which the tuner can't answer or answer poorly, this is in my oppinion what's MBW is all about.

My 2 cents.
Lucas - Lately you are by far the worst offender contributing to this mudslinging. Your product or service should speak for itself. I have no problem with anyone squeezing Adam with questions, I actually would encourage it. Just make sure it's constructive and that you come out looking better in the end. Right now I get the impressions that some are taking a defensive approach and are just attacking and feeding off the initial critizism.
Old 04-18-2003, 12:36 PM
Out Of Control!!

After talking with Sleestack yesterday, about why he is posting this way, I find it shocking to read everyone elses' responses. But then again, not everyone can have the opportunity to speak with him.

What Sleestack, Lucas, Kleemann, Myself, Vadim, and a few others have been doing is repeatedly asking questions that everyone should know the answer to before putting any company's product on their car. The fact that these answers can not be supplied should raise a question in all those who are interested.

I agree, Sleestack was upfront in the last thread, but how would you feel after countless posts of yours are brushed off and ignored? Yes, Sleestack has a Kleemann supercharger on his car. And yes, Evosport is doing a massive conversion to his car. And yes, from a customer standpoint, after examining data he is biased. But it is not a bad thing to develop a bias towards something after examining it thoroughly. How many of you have contacted Timster and heard the whole side of his story? How many of you have contacted the independent dyno operators who performed his before and after dyno showing only a 40hp gain? How many of you contacted the shop where his SC was removed (only to choose to sell Kleemann SC's later)? How many of you contacted his lawyer?

I'm going to take a wild guess and assume that very few, if any, of the general MBWorld public have done any of the above steps. Sleestack has, I have, Kleemann has, and this is why we feel the need to post. It is not about who's product makes more power, it is about having a product that is exactly what it is sold as. Like I said before, Wheel Experts and Harton Motorworks, both MBWorld sponsors are competitors of mine, but you don't see anyone questioning them. Sleestack may have a lot of money to spend on his car, but he did his research before spending any. Perhaps you could benefit from it.

Many of you will ignore my post, and simply take it as a tuner posting out of competition, and that is your choice. For those who are willing to read, I can assure you that it is posted out of a consumer's standpoint, who is tired of being ripped off. For those who have been here for the past 2 years, you probably remember me as the one who bought the exhaust promising 70lbs of torque... I've learned a lot since then, and out of respect to others, I try to prevent them from making simliar mistakes that I did.
Old 04-18-2003, 01:11 PM

Originally posted by Mach430
After talking with Sleestack yesterday, about why he is posting this way, I find it shocking to read everyone elses' responses. But then again, not everyone can have the opportunity to speak with him.

What Sleestack, Lucas, Kleemann, Myself, Vadim, and a few others have been doing is repeatedly asking questions that everyone should know the answer to before putting any company's product on their car. The fact that these answers can not be supplied should raise a question in all those who are interested.

I agree, Sleestack was upfront in the last thread, but how would you feel after countless posts of yours are brushed off and ignored? Yes, Sleestack has a Kleemann supercharger on his car. And yes, Evosport is doing a massive conversion to his car. And yes, from a customer standpoint, after examining data he is biased. But it is not a bad thing to develop a bias towards something after examining it thoroughly. How many of you have contacted Timster and heard the whole side of his story? How many of you have contacted the independent dyno operators who performed his before and after dyno showing only a 40hp gain? How many of you contacted the shop where his SC was removed (only to choose to sell Kleemann SC's later)? How many of you contacted his lawyer?

I'm going to take a wild guess and assume that very few, if any, of the general MBWorld public have done any of the above steps. Sleestack has, I have, Kleemann has, and this is why we feel the need to post. It is not about who's product makes more power, it is about having a product that is exactly what it is sold as. Like I said before, Wheel Experts and Harton Motorworks, both MBWorld sponsors are competitors of mine, but you don't see anyone questioning them. Sleestack may have a lot of money to spend on his car, but he did his research before spending any. Perhaps you could benefit from it.

Many of you will ignore my post, and simply take it as a tuner posting out of competition, and that is your choice. For those who are willing to read, I can assure you that it is posted out of a consumer's standpoint, who is tired of being ripped off. For those who have been here for the past 2 years, you probably remember me as the one who bought the exhaust promising 70lbs of torque... I've learned a lot since then, and out of respect to others, I try to prevent them from making simliar mistakes that I did.
Ben - Thanks for the reply and I don't ignore your posts. You seem to be reasonable with your responses. I can see why he or anyone gets angered when questions are not answered or side stepped. But flying off the deep end does little to discredit someone elses claim and actually has the opposite affect. Therefore there is no benefit to me or other members who have a hard enough time sifting through all the BS from all sides. Believe it or not being polite, asking intellegant questions and pointing out facts is all that is needed to discredit claims.

I'm thankful there are knowledgable individuals on this board that go into detail about there experiences and trying to prevent others from making similiar mistakes. My question is this, would you let the company that sold/made the exhaust to you be a sponser on this board, if there claims were proven time and again to be false? If the HPS system is junk and only puts out 40 as opposed to the 100 HP they claim, why are they a sponser?

I'm also tired of hearing about that one customer as I am sure he is tired of it being brought up. If I spoke to him what would I really learn, the truth? The bottom line is I will never know what actually happened. Furthermore would you want to be judged by one customers experience?
Old 04-18-2003, 01:36 PM
Out Of Control!!

I would expect to be judged by all of my customer's experiences. As should anybody in sales. We are building evosport as a service oriented company, so we pay very close attention to that said by customers. After all, it is our customers that keep us in business.

It is sponsors that keep this board alive. If forum members have a problem with any of the sponsors, moderators, other members, than they should express the problems to the staff at mbworld in either the Suggestions and Feedback forum, or by emailing any of the moderators or webmaster@mbworld.org.
Old 04-18-2003, 04:20 PM

off topic.... but sleestack..500 million dollar businese... wut is it.. .and u wana hoook a brotha up?! :p
Old 04-18-2003, 07:39 PM

No longer car shopping...
I too would like to see the original post

I am open to considering any and all vendors capabilities. I too would like to know what the original post was about. If HPS's Adam decided to remove it, I'd like to know why. The sponsors (HPS) should have interaction with the moderators. Can the mods help us understand what's going on by doing one of two things (1) Talk to HPS's Adam about the activity of removing his thread, (2) Re-instate the thread from historical backups made before the thread was erased? Almost ever business backs up their data and most online forums also do (Wouldn't want to loose all those MB's of catfights on here to a simple lighting strike would you So Ben...could you restore that file and re-tag it as having been started by a mod? That way the forum would get to see what's REALLY going on. This spat about removing it might itself be just a big misleading smokescreen (I don't car about a deleted thread where nothing productive was occuring - ala flaming). If it was just a flame-fest, then let the mods post that and we all leave the subject alone. PS - I am one of the ones willing to consider HPS's marketecture (at least for now). I have asked and been told that I would recieve a CD with informitive data on it regarding their offering. That was 3 weeks ago. Another week and HPS will have also lost any credability with this poster...tick, tick, tick....
Old 04-18-2003, 07:52 PM
Out Of Control!!

I actually don't know if deleted posts can be restored. That would be a question for webmaster@mbworld.org. If you have a suggestion as to how the forum should be changed, then post it in the suggestions and feedback forum or email webmaster@mbworld.org.

Thanks,
Ben
Old 04-19-2003, 05:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E320
Mach, I can only suggest to the MBW administrators to disable the ability for someone to completely erase an ENTIRE thread at any time. That is both unfair to us members as well as being non-constructive to the credibility of the board itself. There's a story being captured here every day. It's not fair that one non-admin individual can just wipe it all clean if he doesn't like the outcome of a thread in particular.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 3.00 average.

Quick Reply: HPS... What is with deleting your thread?