Performance Upgrades & Tuning Discuss general performance and tuning enhancements for your Mercedes-Benz.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Supersprint

HPS... What is with deleting your thread?

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 3.00 average.

Old 04-29-2003, 07:06 PM
MBWorld Founder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ones too fast according to CHP!
Originally posted by Turbo][
Heh, I'm not losing out. I have said it before, I don't think either company make a great or perfect system. If there was a perfect system, than none of this would be happening.

Let HPS have their time to build up, if Adam is doing a bad job marketting and PR their products, maybe instead of attacking him, you should talk to the executive at HPS to let them know that Adam isn't doing a good job.

Attacking him, or the product isn't going to solve anything...as it has demostrated.
1st - Of course there is no PERFECT system - that one would make 1000 HP and cost nothing. Kleemann is the best we have seen, bar none. Yes, the V6 kit is not quite as nice as the V8 kits as we have seen after installing a bunch. However, the gains are representative % wise.

2nd - Adam IS the executive! That is the point! There is no one above him.

3rd - We really don't care if any of the problems are solved, that is HPS' business, not anyone elses!

Thanks

Brad
Old 04-29-2003, 07:16 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
This is not purely about PR, marketing and competition. This is about truth and reliability. Timster finally posted his experiences, which oddly enough are not what HPS stated. Obviously, they can't both be right, but who has more to lose?

I posted false information that has been recorded from HPS's messages, yet you don't stop to question them on it??? No business should get away with operating that way. Doesn't it bother anyone that the dyno they based their claims on was not a real dyno? Doesn't it bother anyone that they claim impossible acceleration times? And after Adam's statements to me saying that he would answer any legitmate question, he responds to my asking for an a/f ratio by saying he has it. What good does it do for the public if he has it, but won't tell anyone?

Thanks,
Ben
Old 04-29-2003, 07:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

The only problem is, as you have stated previously, you have problems with Marketting and PR from Adam. It has nothing directly relating the HPS SC kit.

I am not saying its your responsibility, however bashing on him is not going to get rid of your concern for the other members on this forum. Since you find that it's not your responsibility, why do you keep attacking Adam? The opinion of which you have address are his character, not the supercharger. I am not saying he is right either, both party is behaving like kindergarteners. I just find it amusing that only Kleemann and Kleemann owners are attacking him.

If there was a place on the MB forum to attack each other personality, its something not even worth reading. We are here to discuss MB matters not personal opinion of another's character.

As I have suggested. If you feel their SC is less than desireable, than tell the forum members what it would make HPS product better.
Uh no. I have stated that most of my problems revolve around their behavior. I have also stated that their dynos are unimpressive and offered to pay for a head to head dyno with a Kleemann SCed car. I just don't comment on HPS's SC system as much because I believe a) the dynos speak for themselves and b) I don't have the expertise of members like Lucas. Yes, most of the people commenting on HPS are Kleemann owners, however, perhaps thats because they have a real basis for comparison and support a product they believe in. Yes, it's not my responsibility, however, I am free to comment on topics that interest me, aren't I?

I keep attacking Adam? As i said, what you see as an attack I see as a response. Have you even read all the threads between me and Adam?

How is the dicussion we are having any different? Are you behaving like a kindergartener?

You might not feel that this thread has given you any useful information, however, when you buy a product costing thousands of dollars the practices of the company selling you that product are very important. While you might not find this thread useful, others might. If it bothers you that much, continue doing what you are doing (i.e. posting replies) or just ignore the thread. Is it that difficult?

You have an E430. Why don't you drop by Evosport and take a spin with Mach 430. Trust me, you will not be disappointed. Then drop by HPS for a comparison.

Last edited by Sleestack; 04-29-2003 at 07:31 PM.
Old 04-29-2003, 09:07 PM

Originally posted by Lucas
Nubomb

Reading Adams explanation to Cory, where he explains how there is a certain gear and rpm to by-pass activation of the ESP switch.
This isn't working like this, it's working a little different from model to model.

W 203 you have to set the speedo for Dyno mode.

CL 215, W 220, W 210, W 208 - you have to do something with
the ABS system, the ESP will become active over 40 km/h even the ESP switch is pressed off, this means the car will brake on the rear wheels to try and slow them down, the discs will be lightining red, discs and pads will be gone in a few minutes.

W 211 and R 230, you have to disconect the ESP via MB Stardiagnose, you can dyno them with ESP switch off, but the result will not be right.

The dynos made by Adam can't be used for anything, unless you know how to disconect the ESP.

Was I clear or did I mis the point here ???
Lucas - Very clear, to the point and not that boring! Thank You, and I really mean that. Now hopefully that wasn't to hard for you. I wish all your posts were filled with useful information like this along with your sarcastic wit. It makes the forum that much more enjoyable and helps validate the point you are making. Thanks again.
Old 04-30-2003, 11:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Hey Turbo-

Please think about it this way-

In every industry there are elitists who got to the top or at least close the hard way. They will never share specific "how to get where we are" to competitors. And there will ALWAYS be competitive jawing. There is nothing really wrong with this. Adam would be all the wiser to analyze of this information and develop a road map to change utilizing a lot of these "freebies".

Despite the negative overtones, each and every one of us IS indeed helping HPS, intentionally or unintentionally, by sharing consumer and professional opinions about HPS's product, and Adam's conduct.

Part of the frustration is Adam's reluctance to do things the way that is considered "industry standard", or as requested by competitors and consumers. Another is Kleemann's and Evosport's condescending tones. But if either one of these company's reps wasn't somewhere down inside trying to help a "colleage/competitor/board sponsor", they just wouldn't bother to say anything.

If no one was trying to help HPS, Adam would've been blocked, HPS wouldn't have been aloud to sponsor the forum, and no one would respond to Adam's posts, or engage in these conversations which actually provide an inside into the product and business conduct that most companies would never get the benefit of without significant market specific experience.

blah, blah, blah

Thomas

As if my reply wasn't long enough; Sorry for the Edit.

Hank- If you STFF, you will find multiple C-Coupe SC failures on UNMODIFIED cars. Check out csportcoupe.com, there were more SC failures there. Some with multiple replacements. I understand you're trying to convey that Kleemann isn't perfect, but harping on a single vehicle mod'd by Evosport with a kleemann pulley kit over and over undermines your point.

Hopefully, I will be able to comment on my satisfaction with the Kleemann SC upgrade on my 4-cylinder, I can assure you that I am not expecting the same results as I would get from a V8 or V6, everything is proportionate.

Last edited by nukblazi; 04-30-2003 at 11:53 AM.
Old 04-30-2003, 11:58 AM

98 E430
[QUOTE]Originally posted by nukblazi
Part of the frustration is Adam's reluctance to do things the way that is considered "industry standard", or as requested by competitors and consumers. Another is Kleemann's and Evosport's condecending tones. But if either one of these company's reps wasn't somewhere down inside trying to help a "colleage/competitor/board sponsor", they just woundn't bother to say anything.

I agreed at the point that Evosport/Kleemann was being constructive in some ways. However the constant badgering from Kleemann customer is just straight out attacks. It some how, IMO, turns in to reduntant of posts that has no value or merits.

I have been reading the post for awhile from the side-line its just getting "old".
Old 04-30-2003, 12:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I agreed at the point that Evosport/Kleemann was being constructive in some ways. However the constant badgering from Kleemann customer is just straight out attacks. It some how, IMO, turns in to reduntant of posts that has no value or merits.

I have been reading the post for awhile from the side-line its just getting "old".
I agree with you, look at my earlier posts on this thread.

You have to understand that this thread is about Sleestack wanting to ask HPS questions. Adam accidentally deleted the old thread. The thread's technically dead.

However, what is important to note is that this IS between Sleestack and HPS. Sleestack being a Kleemann customer is incedental. Everyone and their mother gets dragged into this, including tuners, consumers, and distributors.

If I was continually being dragged into these threads, I would feel the need to respond passionately as well.
Old 04-30-2003, 12:23 PM

98 E430
ACtually Timster was being dragged...Sleestack attacked HPS for claiming themselve for being "elite"...

Anyway, I think I am done for the day

Until we start seeing something more productive, this is the type of post thas is just an endless cycle of wasted bandwidth.
Old 04-30-2003, 12:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MBWorld has sponsors to pay for theirs, I pay for mine. Bandwidth is no reason to halt a discussion that you have been very active on lately.

The point remains that everyone has been a little wrong on this topic at one point or another, and these forums are here for my benefit. So long as everyone's usage remains within the TOS, this is a good topic.

This topic leaves the door open for HPS to disprove any and all alligations of falsifying Dnyo charts or intentionally providing false information to potential customers.

Adam and I spoke last week, and I still think it is a good idea to try to satisfy everyone's curiousity and alligations, despite how daunting of a effort it will be.
Old 04-30-2003, 01:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

ACtually Timster was being dragged...Sleestack attacked HPS for claiming themselve for being "elite"...

Anyway, I think I am done for the day

Until we start seeing something more productive, this is the type of post thas is just an endless cycle of wasted bandwidth.
When someone asks a sponsor a difficult question why do you consider it an attack? Do you realize that a public company can be sued by its shareholders for using words like "elite" when there is no reasonable basis for doing so. Trust me , I know because I have spent countless hours in drafting sessions for IPO and other public company transactions. It is for the protection of shareholders who use such information to make decisions about buying and selling securities in that company. I understand that HPS is not a public company, however, don't you think the same concerns apply here? People make significant purchasing decisions based on information that is posted on this forum, especially information posted by sponsors. Some of those people don't know very much about MB tuning. Don't you think sponsors who advertise on this board have a responsibility to those members to promote their companies and products in a responsible manner? I happened to think HPS' use of the word "elite" (especially in the same sentence as Renntech and Brabus) was irresponsible marketing. HPS has neither the market share nor the experience to be characterizing themselves in that way. That is my opinion and I called HPS out on it. They disagreed. What's the big deal?

Does it not bother you that I (a consumer) have offered to pay for a comparative dyno, which would negate HPS' stated concerns about dyno manipulation and received no response. Does it not bother you that HPS tried to sell a SC system to a board member with the use of a 0-60 time of 3.8? Do you even realize how absurd that is? Have you even compared a Kleemann dyno to an HPS dyno? Does it not concern you that rather than dealing with difficult questions, HPS made an assinine attempt to shut me up by threatening to take legal action against me? You don't think I have reason to be upset by that? I'm not sure why you think these points are irrelevant or not important to the very purpose of these forums. Before you start criticizing me, why don't you answer these questions instead of repeatedly asserting that I am attack HPS with no reason.

You might not care about these matters (although by your posts, it seems that you obviously do), however, I believe there are members that are actually learning important things about HPS' business practices and product through these discussions. Obviously you don't. Nevertheless, you keep adding to this "endless cycle of wasted bandwidth"?

Last edited by Sleestack; 04-30-2003 at 01:26 PM.
Old 04-30-2003, 01:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by nukblazi

Adam accidentally deleted the old thread.
No disrepect, but is that what Adam told you? That he "accidentally" deleted the thread? How does one delete a thread accidentally when you have to check a box that asks you if you really want to delete the thread?

Last edited by Sleestack; 04-30-2003 at 02:03 PM.
Old 04-30-2003, 04:49 PM

Adam

Why would a lot of members want this thread deleted ?????.

The only one which is over his head here is you, so it must be wishfull thinking from your side to see it deleted, Sleestack will be the judge of that.
Old 04-30-2003, 05:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by Sleestack
No disrepect, but is that what Adam told you? That he "accidentally" deleted the thread? How does one delete a thread accidentally when you have to check a box that asks you if you really want to delete the thread?
None taken. I think I've tried to be clear that I am trying to be non-bias in these threads. I had my chance to rip HPS and I did. It isn't my place to question the actions of a person regarding their ability to operate a computer. I just reiterated what I was told over the phone, and what was posted by Adam.

I still believe that there is equal opportunity to disprove the alligations as well as possibly confirm them. I encourage Adam to conceed to as many Dyno days and A/F ratio measurements as it takes, as I did on the phone with him. If the product doesn't meet consumer expectations, this is an opportunity to improve the product.

We're all acting a little immature but at least I have an excuse, I have nothing better to do. :-P
Old 04-30-2003, 05:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by HPS (Adam)
Sleestack,

I felt a past comment I wrote was unprofessional so I decided to delete the post. Running a 56k modem I clicked last (page) but the 1st page came up. Not realizing this error I check the delete box. There was no intention to delete the thread.

I think alot of members would like this thread to be deleted too.
Ok, I'll buy that, however, it would have been helpful to give that information earlier in the thread, especially given the title of the thread. Based on the number of views and replies, I think there are more people who don't want this thread closed... a form of rubbernecking I guess.
Old 04-30-2003, 06:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Hey, I know we just got back on topic but I can't live with that.

Hey Sleestack, if I put a SLEESTACK sticker across my windshied would you sponsor my H&R coilovers?
Old 04-30-2003, 07:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sleestack,

I was out of the office for a few days with my future wife and once I logged back on. The thread was out of control.

I do think it’s in your best interest to delete this thread.

I think you might have lost some creditability on how you handle yourself on this thread. Direct attacks, tone of the conversation, and etc directed toward HPS and other members.

I recognize you might think different yet reading what other members posted. It seems you received more blows than I did. (Boxing joke)

You might think different of this, which is fine. Our company has been nailed on numerous occasions, so it really doesn’t bother me anymore. I’m focusing more on sales & marketing than these forums. I believe the 7-page layout from BENZO magazine and the STAR publication will bring our companies creditability back to forum members.

Good luck on being a father, hopefully I’ll be one too!
I don't care about my credibility as I am only on this board as a member and don't really care what other members think about me. They are more interested in my car than me anyway... which is the way it should be. There were definitely a few members who disagreed with my position, however, I took the time to respond to each of them. That is the best that I can do. I think there are plenty of members, vocal or not, who understood what I was saying. I don't voice my opinion unless I actually believe in what I am saying. As for my tone, I'm from NYC, so I don't mince my words and throw a few insults in for good measure. Sometimes I may be wrong (although nobody in this thread has convinced me of that with respect to this thread), however, I'd rather leave the thread open for those who want to make their own judgment.

I appreciate the fact that you want to focus on your marketing activities. I think you know that it is my opinion that honing your marketing skills is something you need to do.

I still think you avoided some legitimate questions posed in this thread, however, it is certainly your right to do so and I'll try to refrain from making assumptions abnout why you chose to do so.

As for marriage and children... fortunately that has nothing to do with this. Fatherhood is wonderful. I have many automotive and golf related plans for my son. I only wish you the best of luck in your marriage and family.
Old 04-30-2003, 07:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by nukblazi
Hey, I know we just got back on topic but I can't live with that.

Hey Sleestack, if I put a SLEESTACK sticker across my windshied would you sponsor my H&R coilovers?
Sleestack Motorsports... hmmm. Sounds nice, but I might get sued by Chakka.... if you are young, it's a Land of the Lost reference.

I have H&R coilovers on my Audi A64.2... they rock.
Old 04-30-2003, 07:21 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Old 04-30-2003, 07:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E320
I think alot of members would like this thread to be deleted too.
Not me.
Old 04-30-2003, 07:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Ha- I believe Motorwerks is the current trend.

Land of the lost. I've seen it, but not in so long as to remember it. Wish I had Photochop, I'd hook up a quick demo for Sleestack Motorwerks.

Windshield banner
side skirt stickers
trunk badging

I literally had enough cash in my hand for the Coilovers and new sways today. I figured rent was important though. Even would have had enough left over for Eisenmann race exhaust. Next unemployment check maybe
Old 05-01-2003, 06:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Once again, Adam is bobbing and weaving, avoiding answering questions yet happy to ask them.
Old 05-01-2003, 06:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Of course I can't. I think we all know that. I'm a customer, not a technician. What's your point? At least I have answered your question.
Old 05-01-2003, 06:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Brandon,

Are you sure this is the only fuel management box we use?

I think a lot of members would like to know how I felt driving a s/c Kleemann vehicle. But since you asked, as I was driving this beautiful silver SL500 on the I 15 freeway, I notice at low rpm engine lag till mid-range where it took off like a rocket going into space. Almost like a turbo charger, yet for some reason at redline it cut off. This particular system might be design different than the 430’s or 55’s, not sure.

When driving a s/c vehicle I’m interested in the transition of power throughout the rpm range and with this particular vehicle, I did not experience a smooth range of motion as our system delivers.
I can't speak for the particular car you were driving, however, anyone who has spent significant time with a Kleemann system can tell you that your description of the transition of power throught the RPM range is completely contrary to how a Kleemann system actually performs. Furthermore, it is not consistent with dyno results. Why don't you dyno one of your cars against a Kleemann car... we can all take alook at the power curves then. So you have successfully SCed an SL500 for a reasonable basis of comparison?
Old 05-01-2003, 07:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sleestack,

Don't worry that has been taken care of.

All I ask is a period of time to collect my data before posting.

So you are dynoing your car against a Kleemann car on the same day and site?
Old 05-01-2003, 07:21 PM
MBWorld Founder

ones too fast according to CHP!
Sleestack,

Don't worry that has been taken care of.

All I ask is a period of time to collect my data before posting.

Just to let you know, I do have air/fuel ratio for the 430 & 55 models. I'm waiting for our Webmaster to update this information to our website. (2-3 weeks)
So it takes 2-3 weeks for HPS to get A/F ratio's to post? hummm

Just post them!

Thanks

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 3.00 average.

Quick Reply: HPS... What is with deleting your thread?