Performance Upgrades & Tuning Discuss general performance and tuning enhancements for your Mercedes-Benz.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Supersprint

Engine Swap

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-26-2004, 02:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by crapbuster
How many project cars has Evosport worked on? Is yours the first? It's a steep learning curve. That's probably why they ordered wrong pistons and had to order two sets of custom made rods. Not to mention a messed up interior and your lack of brakes....

Then again, I could be blowing stuff out of my butt for fun. It's all speculation until the car finally starts and rolls out of the SHO SHOP.

The dog with the collar is the one who will eat and get chubby!
I'm the one who posted the info my pistons and cranks. Big deal. We redid the pistons and cranks rather than marginally compromising the integrity of the cylinder. It was my choice. While my car is Evosport's first big block conversion, it isn't their first project car by any means. They have an extremely qualifiled pair of leaders in the shop... and yes, Vadim who also has interests in SHO Shop, is one of them. Furthermore, its not like I was unaware that Evosport was a relatively new business when I first met them. Why do you think I don't care that it has taken so long? I have complete confidence in their abilities and respect for their business and vision. I think I'm more than qualified to make a judgment about the principals and the kind of business they run. I'm not sweating the time because I know the car I get back will be nothing short of an ungodly beast. You can have your doubt... but I'll take my CLK.

As for the interior and brakes.... You really think you know something? I'm pretty sure where your misguided "information" is coming from... you need a better source. Do you really think brakes are an issue... it isn't rocket science. They haven't even been addressed yet. The interior? Please clue me in on what you are babbling about.

Last edited by Sleestack; 05-26-2004 at 03:13 AM.
Old 05-26-2004, 09:59 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Don't sweat all the negative comments, i would definitley like to have your car. And if you got it like that, then who cares how much it costs. I can't wait to see pics of the finished product.
Old 05-26-2004, 12:28 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Audi C7.5 S6
Sleestack

So, when do you think the car will hit the streets in the Bay Area?

It was a CLK55 or CLK430, when you started?

By the way, what color will it be, so, I know what to look to for?

I have done a couple of engine swaps, it took, about 6 months to a year. The devil is in the details.

good luck.
Old 05-26-2004, 04:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Re: Sleestack

Originally posted by m444
So, when do you think the car will hit the streets in the Bay Area?

It was a CLK55 or CLK430, when you started?

By the way, what color will it be, so, I know what to look to for?

I have done a couple of engine swaps, it took, about 6 months to a year. The devil is in the details.

good luck.
2-3 months.

It started its life as a 430. We considered starting with a 55 block, but since a 55 block starts from the same block as a 430 and almost all critical components are being replaced anyway, it didn't make any sense.

It is black... the only car color for me. I live in Los Altos, so I'm always cruising around 280. If you see it, I don't think you'll miss it. It will have some Evosport Kleemann and CLK 6.3K badging, a slightly wider Lorinser DTM kit, black center/polished lip wheels, a rollcage and possibly a DTM wing. It will definitely be a bit reis (i.e. rice in German), but it will have plenty of performance to back it up.
Old 06-06-2004, 02:47 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
03 CLK55
Thumbs up I agree, don't sweat the comments Sleestack...

Anyone who is familiar with Sleestacks project knows that his car is going deep into uncharted territory, and that it's one seriously high quality project. The costs, delays, and revisions on Sleestacks monster are a big part of the reason all of the big tuners charge as much as they do for their projects. They all need to recoup that initial R&D, all of the careful calculation, revisions, and refabrications in order to get it all right. Look at all the changes MB had to so for the CL/SL65s, and they aren't in the mid 700 hp range. I'll agree that Sleestacks route was the most cost effective, but I've never heard him make any claims to the contrary. One thing that I think is sure to happen, is that his car is going to be one of the fastest street legal Benz's in the world...

Best regards,
Matt
Old 06-09-2004, 01:47 PM
I1 ULOOZ

ummm.....thats interesting
Old 06-10-2004, 04:12 AM
Almost a Member!

Re: I agree, don't sweat the comments Sleestack...

Originally posted by AMG///Merc
Anyone who is familiar with Sleestacks project knows that his car is going deep into uncharted territory, and that it's one seriously high quality project. The costs, delays, and revisions on Sleestacks monster are a big part of the reason all of the big tuners charge as much as they do for their projects. They all need to recoup that initial R&D, all of the careful calculation, revisions, and refabrications in order to get it all right. Look at all the changes MB had to so for the CL/SL65s, and they aren't in the mid 700 hp range. I'll agree that Sleestacks route was the most cost effective, but I've never heard him make any claims to the contrary. One thing that I think is sure to happen, is that his car is going to be one of the fastest street legal Benz's in the world...

Best regards,
Matt
I have a feeling it won't run. And if it does, it's not going to be anywhere near the initial claims. And as for being legal, we'll see. Just my opinion, and I do hope I'm wrong because Sleestack seems like a cool enthusiast.
Old 06-10-2004, 12:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Re: Re: I agree, don't sweat the comments Sleestack...

I have a feeling it won't run. And if it does, it's not going to be anywhere near the initial claims. And as for being legal, we'll see. Just my opinion, and I do hope I'm wrong because Sleestack seems like a cool enthusiast.
Hmmm. That's an intereting opinion. I'm not sure where it comes from, but, that's ok. Evosport has successfully tuned their C32 to produce 500 hp and similar torque. They get that out of a SCed 3.2 V6 and you don't think they can get anywhere close to 700 with a SCed 6.3 liter V8.?
Old 06-10-2004, 12:54 PM
MBWorld Founder

ones too fast according to CHP!
Sleestack,

This is just a competitor under an alias who is bitter. Don't sweat the comments. You know they are all lies anyway just to attempt to disparage evosport.

We have MANY happy customers and have the most powerful C32 in the world right now, that speaks for itself!

Thanks for the continual support!

Brad
Old 06-10-2004, 01:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I definitely don't sweat the comments Brad. Other than you guys, I know that I'm the only other person who really knows anything about the car. If I didn't trust Evosport 100%, I wouldn't be sending my wife's C32 to you for yet another tuning program. As I've said to Crapbuster before... he can have his doubts, I'll take my CLK.

Originally posted by otoupalik
Sleestack,

This is just a competitor under an alias who is bitter. Don't sweat the comments. You know they are all lies anyway just to attempt to disparage evosport.

We have MANY happy customers and have the most powerful C32 in the world right now, that speaks for itself!

Thanks for the continual support!

Brad
Old 06-11-2004, 02:15 AM
Almost a Member!

I'll be the first to say congratulations if it really comes out to be 700 hp.

And no I am not a competitor. Just because I doubt Evosport's abilities and think their skill is subpar and their knowledge lacking and their customer service is non-existent, doesn't mean I'm a competitor. I'm just a regular Mercedes-Benz nut who thinks people should know what they are getting into.
Old 06-11-2004, 03:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I'll be the first to say congratulations if it really comes out to be 700 hp.

And no I am not a competitor. Just because I doubt Evosport's abilities and think their skill is subpar and their knowledge lacking and their customer service is non-existent, doesn't mean I'm a competitor. I'm just a regular Mercedes-Benz nut who thinks people should know what they are getting into.

Thanks for watching my back. LOL. Your pretty presumptuous for someone who doesn't know jack about me or my project.... oh wait, that's right, you think you have information. I'm sure Vadim and Gary's skills pale in comparison to your vast knowedge of MB tuning.

If Vadim gets 700, I'll be the first to congratulate him. 700 has always been a target, but I have always said that anything between 650-700 would be great on 91.

Last edited by Sleestack; 06-11-2004 at 03:25 AM.
Old 06-19-2004, 10:32 PM
Almost a Member!

CLK 320
Sleestack,

I think this CLK project sounds dope as hell. I have a 208 as well, so I am really interested to see how it turns out. You should have a running pictures thread to keep us updated on the progress. Also, do you plan on keeping it mainly on the track or will you take it on the road to various car shows.

Bookie
Old 06-20-2004, 12:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by Bookie
Sleestack,

I think this CLK project sounds dope as hell. I have a 208 as well, so I am really interested to see how it turns out. You should have a running pictures thread to keep us updated on the progress. Also, do you plan on keeping it mainly on the track or will you take it on the road to various car shows.

Bookie
I'll create a picture thread in the W208 forum. Things are really starting to move, so I should have some more interesting progress pics shortly.

I've never even been to a car show. I'm not really into that. I will bring it to the track now and then, however it will mainly be driven on the road.

Last edited by Sleestack; 06-20-2004 at 12:15 PM.