Questions about how MBWorld.org works...not for car questions. Use this forum for help on using all or any part of the forums. Make sure to read the Forum FAQs first.

Need admin help...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-20-2018, 07:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 MERCEDES-BENZ C350 SPORT, 1999 MERCEDES-BENZ C230 KOMPRESSOR
Need admin help...

Hello, I am trying to get assistance from a administrator with my most recent for sale posting I made below.

https://mbworld.org/forums/search.php?searchid=21983941

https://mbworld.org/forums/market/713623

I would like to have this thread or posting published. I have tried several times sending messages to the admin team, but have not received any help. I would like to have this posting published or deleted so I can create a new one.
Old 07-20-2018, 10:59 AM
Administrator Emeritus

Received 462 Likes on 348 Posts
Hi,

I removed the post this morning upon receiving your PM, thank you.

Bob
Old 07-20-2018, 11:51 AM

2008 MERCEDES-BENZ C350 SPORT, 1999 MERCEDES-BENZ C230 KOMPRESSOR
I noticed when I go to my profile the thread is still there? Does it take a certain period of time for the post to be removed?

Last edited by MBENZ_HENRY; 07-20-2018 at 11:53 AM.
Old 11-22-2018, 12:01 PM

1997 Sl 320
how to post a new question about R129 alarm beeps when seat back is slammed in back.

1997 SL 320:
When starting car if either seat back has been "slammed " back, a loud pitched alarm sounds, and the seatbelt dash light is illuminated. this loud alarm stops if the "slammed" seat back
is gently pushed forward, but the dash light stays on unless the key is turned off, then on. This alarm is louder than the 15 beep alarm sounding when the seatbelt is not secured when
starting the car. What do I look for to stop this annoying noise?

Your web page is exceedingly difficult to navigate. For two months I have been trying to post this question. Only now have I been able to get past the: 1. your username is not correct.
2. identify the pictures with a crosswalk, 3. your password is incorrect, 4. to change your password please visit this page, etc. etc.
When I finally got into your system, I am unable to find out how to post the above question. This is the only page I have found where I can type a question. Please advise where I can
find out the proper way to post a question on mbworld.org forums.
thank you.
Mel

Last edited by mta2014; 11-23-2018 at 08:50 AM. Reason: eliminate personal information
Old 11-23-2018, 08:29 AM
Administrator Emeritus

Hi,

I'm sorry you had problems registering and posting, thank for letting me know. I just checked under the hood and there are no restrictions on your account, you should be able to post in any forum with the exception of the Vendor forum. The 'New Thread' button is located on the top and bottom left of every forum when viewing the entire forum. As the example from the 'Test Forum', please let me know if that is not the case. Also, I would not recommend posting your personal information on any public website, thank you.

Test Forum Link:
https://mbworld.org/forums/test-13/

Bob

Old 02-26-2019, 05:07 PM

Received 63 Likes on 53 Posts
2023 AMG EQE 53
Hello Admin,
Been on the site for a while, picture always showed up, recently changed user profile pic to match new vehicle, it showed up for a while and then stopped showing up. I've gone in and deleted it and replaced it and it still doesn't show up, any suggestions?
Old 02-26-2019, 09:04 PM
Administrator Emeritus

Thank you for letting me know. I'll see if we can fix that for you.

Bob
Old 02-27-2019, 10:24 AM
Administrator Emeritus

I can duplicate the problem, will ask for tech support today. In the mean time please check your OS and browser permissions for sharing your pictures. Thanks.

Bob
Old 03-05-2019, 06:41 PM

2023 AMG EQE 53
Following up, the picture shows up when I'm in the profile screen to upload a picture, I've even tried changing the picture, each time I change it the new picture is there. It just does not show up out on the regular forum pages.
Using Windows 10 and Edge, there are no settings I can think of that would prevent the viewing of the profile picture when on the website, other people's pics show up, mine used too. If you've duplicated the problem, what's with your tech support?
Old 03-06-2019, 09:48 AM
Administrator Emeritus

Originally Posted by Tirgoman
Following up, the picture shows up when I'm in the profile screen to upload a picture, I've even tried changing the picture, each time I change it the new picture is there. It just does not show up out on the regular forum pages.
Using Windows 10 and Edge, there are no settings I can think of that would prevent the viewing of the profile picture when on the website, other people's pics show up, mine used too. If you've duplicated the problem, what's with your tech support?
I apologize for the delay, unfortunately I cannot duplicate the error.

Every time I have seen this type of problem with Windows 10 and Edge it was a share permission issue that was changed with a Windows security update. IB is looking at the problem with Windows 10 and Edge. Thank you for your patience.

Bob
Old 03-06-2019, 01:36 PM

2023 AMG EQE 53
Maybe you don't understand. When I go in and look at my profile the picture is there. I have also changed the picture and the new one is then there. I then exit that screen and go to the forum threads and the picture is NOT there. For it to be in my profile it must be in your system and your system is NOT displaying it for some reason. As I stated, it did works up until recently. There is no problem with Windows 10 or Edge. And if there were I'd bet there would be a lot more complaints. And just to confirm I just went to the site with Firefox and the issue is the same, no display or the small pic so that means the problem is at your end. I did notice a lot of the posters don't have pics but I don't know if they just didn't upload one or if they're having the same problem as me.
Old 03-06-2019, 02:37 PM
Administrator Emeritus

Maybe you don't understand. When I go in and look at my profile the picture is there. I have also changed the picture and the new one is then there. I then exit that screen and go to the forum threads and the picture is NOT there. For it to be in my profile it must be in your system and your system is NOT displaying it for some reason. As I stated, it did works up until recently. There is no problem with Windows 10 or Edge. And if there were I'd bet there would be a lot more complaints. And just to confirm I just went to the site with Firefox and the issue is the same, no display or the small pic so that means the problem is at your end. I did notice a lot of the posters don't have pics but I don't know if they just didn't upload one or if they're having the same problem as me.
I understand, last week I changed the format of your Profile pic to jpeg, gif and png and saved it. They all show in your Profile but not in the forum, I also verified the pixel size and it meets the requirements for posting. Hopefully the techs can fix or offer a solution. Thank you!

Bob
Old 03-18-2019, 04:48 PM

2023 AMG EQE 53
Bob,
How's that tech support coming along, it's been a while and still no pic?
Old 03-18-2019, 05:20 PM
Administrator Emeritus

Bob,
How's that tech support coming along, it's been a while and still no pic?
I don't know, but I will try to find out today. Thank you.

Bob
Old 03-18-2019, 06:08 PM
IB Staff

Hi, so sorry you are experiencing these issues. Are you able to upload the photo you are trying to use on here? I will go ahead and try to upload it into your profile on my end. Thanks!