R-Class (W251) Produced 2006-2013: R320CDI, R350, R420CDI, R500

too many error EBS ABS SRS AIRBAG AIRMATIC NO FUNC AND NO START

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-13-2010, 10:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S Class 2007- 2010 - 2013 R 350 06
too many error EBS ABS SRS AIRBAG AIRMATIC NO FUNC AND NO START

I was parked every thing was normal and too many error appear go to my mechanic they have computer for mercedes no cnabus connection and car not starts wait 10 mın play with gearshift little then its starts mechanic change some thıng under steeringwheel nope same thing he finally try to change tranny chipset now car is in dealer wait for string code for transmission spend alot of money on R350 2006 STAYAWAYYYY mercedes they just robbed you crayzy part price and they programmed the car go to often to the delaer not to go... ****ttttttt
errors
ebc abs srs not starts airmatic whne you hit not work proper no connection with computer ??????

for transmission chip they sell all part whics big and 1100 bucks actually chip is really small ridicules car

any one have any idea the mechanic is really good computer and on mercedes but i know its not that transmission small part :S

any offer please
thanks in advance
Old 04-25-2011, 07:33 PM

S Class 2007- 2010 - 2013 R 350 06
for this problem i did remember ..
transmission chip changed paid over 1700 $ nothing change they keep the car more then 20 days and finally it was an easy thing in transmission what still i don't know .
mercedes r class stay away ...
Old 04-26-2011, 07:25 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2006 R350
Why not you buy extended warranty?????

You should have been reading this thread about purchasing the extended warranty. Some people like you gamble and take your chances that nothing will happen. For what you paid in repairs this one time would have been close to the price of that 5 year 50,000 mile. Well you threw the dices and crapped out!!
Old 04-26-2011, 10:43 AM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
2013 E350 wagon cuprite brown; sold:2014 ML63; R500 Saks Edition; R500; more W124s than I can count
Originally Posted by shobbs666
You should have been reading this thread about purchasing the extended warranty. Some people like you gamble and take your chances that nothing will happen. For what you paid in repairs this one time would have been close to the price of that 5 year 50,000 mile. Well you threw the dices and crapped out!!
tell me where i can buy that warranty for even remotely close to the cost of that repair...when i priced warranties for my r500, it was three to four times that price
Old 04-26-2011, 12:16 PM

2006 R350
Are you Mustany? No your Termite.

Mustany is the one that described a cost of 1,100 in the first post, and then later on a cost of 1,700? Let’s see if you add both together that’s 2,800. If you added another 1,450 to the pot that’s what I paid for my extended warranty when I purchased my car. The way I look at the 1,450 extra it would have paid for that repair, and would have given Mustany, or whoever, peace of mind bumper to bumper till 2014. I’m not going to argue with you, if you or anyone else chooses not to buy the extended warranty don’t complain about it later. I haven’t read any posts at all from owners who have regretted paying for the warranty because they didn’t have a problem come up. Only the people that obviously are cheap, and gamble, by not getting one we all read about. I can’t teach you how to negotiate a deal. Maybe a Mercedes is not the car for cheap gamblers, stick with a FORD.
Old 04-26-2011, 02:44 PM

ARRR
Mustany is the one that described a cost of 1,100 in the first post, and then later on a cost of 1,700? Let’s see if you add both together that’s 2,800. If you added another 1,450 to the pot that’s what I paid for my extended warranty when I purchased my car. The way I look at the 1,450 extra it would have paid for that repair, and would have given Mustany, or whoever, peace of mind bumper to bumper till 2014. I’m not going to argue with you, if you or anyone else chooses not to buy the extended warranty don’t complain about it later. I haven’t read any posts at all from owners who have regretted paying for the warranty because they didn’t have a problem come up. Only the people that obviously are cheap, and gamble, by not getting one we all read about. I can’t teach you how to negotiate a deal. Maybe a Mercedes is not the car for cheap gamblers, stick with a FORD.
Or perhaps Mercedes should just make a car right in the first place so it doesn't have so many problems.

What kind of mentality is this? Cheap gambler? Really? The car's not cheap last time I checked. Gambling? Sure.

Why anyone buys and keeps a car that breaks down so often is way beyond me.
Old 04-26-2011, 02:58 PM

2006 R350
To- mustany-termite & Yang

Yours breaks down not mine. How do you drive the car? Do you maintain the car as scheduled? How often to you change the oil? Bad mouthing Mercedes Benz and the entire line of R Class which I happen to love because you are having some problem really ****’s me off. If you don’t like MB or the R Class please be happy with a FORD. Really you don’t understand the History or appreciate the line at all. Go wine on another Forum.
Old 04-26-2011, 04:11 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
2013 E350 wagon cuprite brown; sold:2014 ML63; R500 Saks Edition; R500; more W124s than I can count
the endless problem w/ internet forums is an inability to exercise common courtesy as exemplified by the tenor of shobbs666 postings. rudimentary research on the subject of extended car warranties will show that most experts [not me] are decidedly mixed on the benefits:
http://www.edmunds.com/auto-warranty...arranties.html
http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/c...ranties-ov.htm
http://genxfinance.com/is-an-extende...ice-contracts/

the essence of most reviews that are unconnected w/ warranty companies is that for piece of mind, that is up to the buyer whether it is worth it or not. however, on an actuarial basis, extended warranties are of dubious financial benefit. calling fellow forum members cheap, ignorant, or just not up to shobbs666 negotiating skills is just unnecessary and rude IMHO...
Old 04-27-2011, 08:27 AM

2006 R350
To be a member of MBWorld and then make comments like this is rude, spend alot of money on R350 2006 STAYAWAYYYY mercedes they just robbed you crayzy part price and they programmed the car go to often to the delaer not to go... ****ttttttt and then this post mercedes r class stay away ... Research all you want, and debate all you want, about the pro’s and con’s of the extended warranty. Just don’t wine, complain, and bad Mouth the entire line because of your decision!! That’s all I’m saying, you either get it or you don’t. That’s my opinion I’ve read yours……..GOOD LUCK TO YOU
Old 05-01-2011, 10:40 PM

ARRR
Yours breaks down not mine. How do you drive the car? Do you maintain the car as scheduled? How often to you change the oil? Bad mouthing Mercedes Benz and the entire line of R Class which I happen to love because you are having some problem really ****’s me off. If you don’t like MB or the R Class please be happy with a FORD. Really you don’t understand the History or appreciate the line at all. Go wine on another Forum.
Do you even know to whom you're replying? My R is working fine.

The problem is that even if you maintain the car as scheduled doesn't guarantee a problem-free MB and sadly that is the truth.

Ignorant poster like you makes the internet forums an unpleasant place to visit.
Old 05-02-2011, 07:37 AM

2006 R350
This is an open forum, so owners of the R can exchange information to help others with their R. I simply voiced my objection to someone bad mouthing MB. But yet I’m the ignorant one? Just because you don’t mine a MB member bad mouthing the whole line, and I voiced my opinion, because of that you now think this is an unpleasant place to visit? That tells me you have no understanding of the purpose of a forum.
Old 05-05-2011, 12:23 PM

ARRR
This is an open forum, so owners of the R can exchange information to help others with their R. I simply voiced my objection to someone bad mouthing MB. But yet I’m the ignorant one? Just because you don’t mine a MB member bad mouthing the whole line, and I voiced my opinion, because of that you now think this is an unpleasant place to visit? That tells me you have no understanding of the purpose of a forum.
How is it bad mouthing when you said why would anyone own a Mercedes without extended warranty? Plenty of other car manufacturers don't require that. It's called reliability.

Yeah it's an open forum but you don't have to call someone ignorant and cheap.

So what's the purpose of the forum? For you to degrade other members?
Old 05-05-2011, 01:35 PM

2006 R350
Practice what you preach Yang. You are the one that called me ignorant. Read the posts I didn’t call anyone who owns a Mercedes without an extended warranty cheap. My complaint originated if you read the first post from Mustangy spend alot of money on R350 2006 STAYAWAYYYY mercedes they just robbed you crayzy part price and they programmed the car go to often to the delaer not to go... mercedes r class stay away. All because they didn’t have an extended warranty. If another person chooses not to purchase the warranty fine, just don’t get on this forum which is MBWorld and bad mouth the whole line of MB and R class just because of your decision. So live with your decision and don’t complain about it later on. I hope we have all made our point and can now move on.
Old 05-05-2011, 02:16 PM

ARRR
Practice what you preach Yang. You are the one that called me ignorant. Read the posts I didn’t call anyone who owns a Mercedes without an extended warranty cheap. My complaint originated if you read the first post from Mustangy spend alot of money on R350 2006 STAYAWAYYYY mercedes they just robbed you crayzy part price and they programmed the car go to often to the delaer not to go... mercedes r class stay away. All because they didn’t have an extended warranty. If another person chooses not to purchase the warranty fine, just don’t get on this forum which is MBWorld and bad mouth the whole line of MB and R class just because of your decision. So live with your decision and don’t complain about it later on. I hope we have all made our point and can now move on.
Yeah I agree, let's move on.

Extended warranty or not, all car manufacturers have their own issues. I guess good luck to those without extended warranties and hope those who have extended warranties don't feel a waste of money when their cars work perfectly.

BTW, I can understand how the OP must feel when he has to drop all that money. I on the other hand would have traded it in a long time ago for another vehicle.