Change rear air bag clip?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-07-2018, 09:30 AM

Received 50 Likes on 49 Posts
2005 C240 2011 R350
Change rear air bag clip?

Team..
I have to change rear air bag suspension.. asap... but are any of you changing the air bag clip too?

https://www.rmeuropean.com/Products/...G22-V5787.aspx

the reason I ask is that I can get the airbags at a reasonable price in canada, but they dont have the clip.. otherwise I have to order from RM European or the dealer..

thanks

thanks
Old 05-07-2018, 06:24 PM

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts
06 SLK55 AMG, 12 R350
Efzauner,

I had to change my right rear but got it state side, pretty sure it had the clip. It sounds like it might be worth buying separately since you found a deal, do you think it could break on removal?

On another note, be careful that the airbag itself your getting will actually be under the full lifetime warranty from Arnott.

Stateside, if you don't have a proof of purchase directly from them you are prolly stuck with just a one year warranty from the re-seller. At least that's what the guys at Arnott told me...
Old 05-08-2018, 05:09 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts
MERCEDES-BENZ CL-CLASS
The Arnott rear spring for the R-Class comes with a retaining clip. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esrF...ature=youtu.be

Re: Warranty - Arnott® offers a Limited Lifetime Warranty for North American (including Canada) and European Union customers on Arnott Air Springs, Air Struts, Compressors, Coil Spring Conversion Kits and Arnott Adjustable Motorcycle Suspension Kits. Orders for Arnott products outside of North America and the European Union come with a Limited Two-Year Warranty.

Last edited by arnottdoug; 05-08-2018 at 05:11 PM.
The following users liked this post:
efzauner (05-08-2018)
Old 05-08-2018, 06:33 PM

2005 C240 2011 R350
Originally Posted by arnottdoug
The Arnott rear spring for the R-Class comes with a retaining clip. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esrF...ature=youtu.be

Re: Warranty - Arnott® offers a Limited Lifetime Warranty for North American (including Canada) and European Union customers on Arnott Air Springs, Air Struts, Compressors, Coil Spring Conversion Kits and Arnott Adjustable Motorcycle Suspension Kits. Orders for Arnott products outside of North America and the European Union come with a Limited Two-Year Warranty.
thanks! I ordered them here. No local parts store was able to offer them.
https://www.thewrenchmonkey.ca/produ.../arnott/a2597/
arnottdoug (05-09-2018)
Old 05-08-2018, 08:45 PM

06 SLK55 AMG, 12 R350
Hi arnottdoug, The below in italics is from the Limited Lifetime Warranty link above:

Online and Auction Purchases: Products purchased through online part stores and auctions (this does not apply to purchases made directly from Arnott) are eligible for that vendor’s warranty coverage only and you must deal with that vendor for any and all warranty or return issues. Arnott requires an original or copy of the Arnott sales receipt. Online auction confirmations are not accepted for warranty verification. In most cases your vendor will work with Arnott to obtain an RMA number and arrange for shipping of your part to Arnott.

Given your post and no mention that the Arnott Limited Lifetime warranty only appears to apply to Arnott direct customers, can you please clarify if the Arnott limited lifetime warranty applies to your products if purchased from an authorized third party and if so, how to tell if a selling third party is authorized?

I ask because I want to make sure I correctly understand the way your product warranty was explained to me by an Arnott representative
Old 05-09-2018, 01:54 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

MERCEDES-BENZ CL-CLASS
Thank you. Excellent question.

Some online resellers offer their own universal warranty terms regardless of product or that product manufacturer's warranty. These resellers typically are offering our products (and other vendor's products) at really great prices. To offer parts at these prices some vendors have to try and cut the corners they can and offering a shorter warranty (along with charging more for shipping, etc.) is one of the ways. To be safe - call the vendor or Arnott Customer Care to confirm. Another caveat in that paragraph is for "Auction Purchases" which could be from an individual. The Arnott Limited Lifetime Warranty applies to the original purchaser (it is not transferable when you sell the car or part).

Arnott Customer Care Toll Free Phone: 1.800.251.8993; Outside US and Canada: 1.321.868.3016; Available Mon-Fri/8:00 am – 7:00 pm ET or email info@arnottinc.com
Old 05-09-2018, 05:56 PM

2005 C240 2011 R350
@arnottdoug :
I do not understand how the resale price of your distribution chain has any relevance on Arnott honoring a warranty?
Is Arnott giving a larger discount in exchange for reduced warranty coverage?
What is the dealer and distributor responsibility in warranty claims?

Who do I contact in Canada for a warrainty claim? Arnott? My online or bricks and mortar reseller? The Master distributor?

Do Canadian resellers purchase from Arnott USA or Arnott Canada or other official distributor?

Thanks.
Old 05-10-2018, 02:30 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

MERCEDES-BENZ CL-CLASS
Originally Posted by efzauner
@arnottdoug :
I do not understand how the resale price of your distribution chain has any relevance on Arnott honoring a warranty?
Is Arnott giving a larger discount in exchange for reduced warranty coverage?
The discount we offer distributors and resellers has nothing to do with the warranty. Some resellers simply offer a blanket warranty on everything they sell which may be longer or shorter than the manufacturer's warranty. As I'm sure you know - most auto parts manufacturers do not offer a lifetime warranty. If we demanded they offer the manufacture warranty - they might not carry our products.

What is the dealer and distributor responsibility in warranty claims?
We offer our warranty through our resellers simply to be efficient - if you ever had a bad or wrong part you would return it to them so they could provide the refund (if applicable) in the amount you paid them - or get you a new one out of stock or from us. Typically, they don't send the part right back to us but store that RMA part in their warehouse for awhile.

Who do I contact in Canada for a warrainty claim? Arnott? My online or bricks and mortar reseller? The Master distributor?

Do Canadian resellers purchase from Arnott USA or Arnott Canada or other official distributor??
For Warranty claims you will contact the installer, online site, or retail store you purchased the product from. Typically, Canadian (and US) resellers and installers purchase from larger distributors who purchase from Arnott HQ in Florida or our EU office in Europe, Africa or the Middle East. Some do purchase directly from us but customs may delay the order (It would also delay any warranty replacements).

Arnott's Customer Care Center is awesome and will bend over backward to help you in the case of a warranty problem. As long was you have the receipt and it was purchased from an Arnott reseller we should be able to help you.

Bottom Line: Just to be safe please check with the reseller when placing your order to make sure they honor our Limited Lifetime Warranty. The overwhelming majority do honor our warranty. But if you do have a problem, or just want to check, contact Arnott's Customer Care Center. Operators are standing by ; - )

Thanks,

Doug

Last edited by arnottdoug; 05-10-2018 at 02:40 PM.
efzauner (05-12-2018)
Old 05-11-2018, 05:45 PM

06 SLK55 AMG, 12 R350
Bottom Line: Just to be safe please check with the reseller when placing your order to make sure they honor our Limited Lifetime Warranty. The overwhelming majority do honor our warranty. But if you do have a problem, or just want to check, contact Arnott's Customer Care Center. Operators are standing by ; - )
Thanks for taking the time to clarify Arnott policy Doug.
Old 05-12-2018, 03:14 PM

2005 C240 2011 R350
The discount we offer distributors and resellers has nothing to do with the warranty. Some resellers simply offer a blanket warranty on everything they sell which may be longer or shorter than the manufacturer's warranty. As I'm sure you know - most auto parts manufacturers do not offer a lifetime warranty. If we demanded they offer the manufacture warranty - they might not carry our products.

We offer our warranty through our resellers simply to be efficient - if you ever had a bad or wrong part you would return it to them so they could provide the refund (if applicable) in the amount you paid them - or get you a new one out of stock or from us. Typically, they don't send the part right back to us but store that RMA part in their warehouse for awhile.

For Warranty claims you will contact the installer, online site, or retail store you purchased the product from. Typically, Canadian (and US) resellers and installers purchase from larger distributors who purchase from Arnott HQ in Florida or our EU office in Europe, Africa or the Middle East. Some do purchase directly from us but customs may delay the order (It would also delay any warranty replacements).

Arnott's Customer Care Center is awesome and will bend over backward to help you in the case of a warranty problem. As long was you have the receipt and it was purchased from an Arnott reseller we should be able to help you.

Thanks,

Doug
I second that! thank you Doug! Building loyalty and sales one customer at a time! Its nice to see suppliers participate in forums.. Would be nice if someone from MB did too!
arnottdoug (05-14-2018)