R-Class (W251) Produced 2006-2013: R320CDI, R350, R420CDI, R500

New Owner Here - Need Some Help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-24-2021, 12:51 AM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
None
You say they did a compression test and all the cylinders came out good? Thats not what the symptoms (blue smoke, spark plugs) suggests. Get your vehicle away from the stealership and get it to a highly recommended independent.
Old 08-01-2021, 02:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CL55 R350 C240
Thanks , I went on vacation and left the R350 parked for 18 days.
As soon as I drove it, the brakes started malfunctioning to add to the vehicles issues.
I've found a new non-dealer mechanic I am going to try tomorrow to address the brakes.
The oil burning is still a mystery.
My excellent mechanic(non dealer) in Santa Barbara gave me a few thoughts without seeing the car or codes.
The oil could have gotten up into the intake IF it was over filled and is now getting into the cylinder. That does not account for the heavy oil use though.
I'm going to have to keep running it and monitor the oil use and plug misfires once the brake issue is resolved.

When applying the brakes, and ONLy when applying the brakes , the car starts thumping badly like you are running over speed bumps.
Old 08-01-2021, 02:56 PM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
None
Originally Posted by newmarket
Thanks , I went on vacation and left the R350 parked for 18 days.
As soon as I drove it, the brakes started malfunctioning to add to the vehicles issues.
I've found a new non-dealer mechanic I am going to try tomorrow to address the brakes.
The oil burning is still a mystery.
My excellent mechanic(non dealer) in Santa Barbara gave me a few thoughts without seeing the car or codes.
The oil could have gotten up into the intake IF it was over filled and is now getting into the cylinder. That does not account for the heavy oil use though.
I'm going to have to keep running it and monitor the oil use and plug misfires once the brake issue is resolved.

When applying the brakes, and ONLy when applying the brakes , the car starts thumping badly like you are running over speed bumps.

Real quick... Im not sure how this happened but it seems like we thread-jacked someone else's thread.
Perhaps it would serve you better to start a new thread with an appropriate title so you can get more hits and responses.
I'll be happy to jump in on the new thread too.
Old 08-01-2021, 08:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CL55 R350 C240
Sorry, I did apologize at the beginning of the thread hijacking. Unfortunately my older computer locks up when I try to start a new thread.
I appreciate your suggestion though, it makes sense, I just tried again and it won't work.