R63 AMG (W251) 2007 - 2013 Discuss the R63 AMG.

Just Bought an 07 R63 AMG

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-17-2009, 02:03 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
CL63, 2014 ML63, 2008 ML63, R500, GLK
hey spliffs...

http://www.carbonio.net/performancec...mg63airbox.htm
Old 06-17-2009, 02:22 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SL600
^^ For 2k? Yeah, right.

It makes to the engine what the free mod I informed him of makes the wheels-- save the 2K!
Old 06-17-2009, 05:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
08 clk63 amg black series
what do you think about the evosport upgrade? http://www.evosport.com/product/prod...VO.PER.M63.IM2
is it a total waste, or does removing the filters as i just did add the same hp? btw thanks alot for helping me with that.
Old 06-17-2009, 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by Akademiks
^^ For 2k? Yeah, right.

It makes to the engine what the free mod I informed him of makes the wheels-- save the 2K!
So explain to me how increasing the size of the airbox and installing performance filters gives you less performance than your "free mod" that just removing the filters that does or doesnt free up air flow?

Because not all the 6.3 amg engines show 18hp gain. My friend has a S63 and it showed 1hp gain.

Last edited by princemarko; 06-17-2009 at 06:48 PM.
Old 06-17-2009, 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by spifffs
what do you think about the evosport upgrade? http://www.evosport.com/product/prod...VO.PER.M63.IM2
is it a total waste, or does removing the filters as i just did add the same hp? btw thanks alot for helping me with that.
Increasing the flow of air in the Evosport/Renntech/Carbonio airboxes along with changing the filters to performance ones will certainly increase your HP along the same lines as removing your charcoal air filter. Its going to be the same. Problem is, if you do that, and California(i think that is where you live) has emission controls soon or later, you are **** out of luck.

Spiffs, dyno you car before and remove the charcoal filters, if they have a big effect, great, if not, do your evosport or whoever modded airbox.

Last edited by princemarko; 06-17-2009 at 06:49 PM.
Old 06-17-2009, 08:00 PM
Banned

SL600
Originally Posted by princemarko
So explain to me how increasing the size of the airbox and installing performance filters gives you less performance than your "free mod" that just removing the filters that does or doesnt free up air flow?

Because not all the 6.3 amg engines show 18hp gain. My friend has a S63 and it showed 1hp gain.
Originally Posted by princemarko
Increasing the flow of air in the Evosport/Renntech/Carbonio airboxes along with changing the filters to performance ones will certainly increase your HP along the same lines as removing your charcoal air filter. Its going to be the same. Problem is, if you do that, and California(i think that is where you live) has emission controls soon or later, you are **** out of luck.

Spiffs, dyno you car before and remove the charcoal filters, if they have a big effect, great, if not, do your evosport or whoever modded airbox.
So in one post you criticize the removal of the charcoal air filters saying it only netted your "friend" 1 hp and you question how the simple removal of the charcoal filters fetches more power then your 2K plastic boxes, and in your next post you jump on the other side of the fence and proclaim:

"Increasing the flow of air in the Evosport...airboxes along with changing the filters to performance ones will certainly increase your HP along the same lines as removing your charcoal air filter. Its going to be the same."

Clicky.

Here's your explanation, since you deemed one necessary. As per your link of the air intake kit valued at near 2K, you would gain a riveting 20bhp, on average-- which is to the engine, which means you'd get even less to the wheels. The simple removal of the charcoal air filters nets you roughly 18 REAR WHEEL hp-- as proven by my link.

Spifffs, no problem.

The removal of the charcoal air filters will not drastically affect your emissions. As for your link for EVOsport, again I would save the money. What I would do with your vehicle is first off, give it a nice sound-- another cheap mod, remove your rear-mufflers. It will purr nicely, still pas emissions and wont cost you 3K++ like some "brand-name" exhaust systems. Also, it will further improve your performance.

There may be criticism out there for doing that, but I've had 5 vehicles, as you can tell by my sig-- and I've done the mod to all and have noticed power gains with ALL. Don't be intimated by emission laws or assume just because it doesn't have a name like "RENNtech" or "EVOsport" it wont net you power. The exhaust mod, at a good exhaust shop, shouldn't cost you more then 500 bucks-- and she will sound amazing!

Secondly, I would get a ECU reflash. RENNtech, EVOsport-- whichever you'd prefer. I'd then dyno, see where I'm at and proceed from there.
Old 06-18-2009, 11:17 AM

The 63 amg engine needs an ECU upgrade, pulley, and airbox/removal charcoal filters to get it up to 575-590hp.

Spiffs, your ECU setup will determine what your airbox or charcoal filter removal will add hp to your engine.

There are no headers or exhaust mods that I know of for the R63.

And take those 22's off and stick to 20's or 19's. Larger wheels negates horsepower.
Old 06-26-2009, 03:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
R350, CLS550
YOu should have airmatic on it, so these adjustable links should work. They are extremely easy to install, and by shortening them, will allow your car to lower itself further than normal. The links are located next to the air strut and it just snaps in the ball pin. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=270397752347
Old 07-13-2009, 06:00 AM

C55 AMG
nice blacked out R