R63 AMG (W251) 2007 - 2013 Discuss the R63 AMG.

Autotrader, R63 for $30k

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 03-01-2009, 11:03 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'03 C32, '08 ML63
Autotrader, R63 for $30k

I was poking around for AMG's (I just like to look) and stumbled on an R63 on autotrader for $30k. Seems WAY too low... But I thought I'd post it up in here incase anybody's looking for one. 2007 model, mileage is unlisted, and it's Silver. Ad says it's located in Kingston, IL.

Always had a soft spot for the R series for some reason. I think the styling is great.

Hope this helps out somebody!

Rich
Old 03-01-2009, 01:30 PM

05 E55t, 07 R63, 04 Mini R53 (SOLD):01 s4 avant st3, 06 q7
it is a fraud....

read my email with him

{him}
Hi,
I apologize for the delay. I was busy. The car is still for sale. My selling price is $30,000. Clean and clear title in hand. No accidents. The price is low because I must sell the car fast. I have a serious financial problem and the sale of my car is the last solution.
I have a clean CARFAX report and I can send it to you. Also, I can send you the pictures and more details too. Just let me know if you are still interested.
Where are you located?

Thank you,

{ME}what is the mileage?

{HIM}The car has 14,000 miles.

{ME}where are you located?
I may fly in to see it.

{me}can you send carfax report.
what option does the car have.?

{him}I am working in the US Navy and now I am on a mission on the Persian Gulf. I am on a aircraft carrier and I don't have phone access. I am selling the car for a low price because I have financial problems. The vehicle is currently located in Florida. The vehicle is already at the shipping company ready to be shipped. I already arranged the deal with another person but he changed his mind because he found another vehicle. He already paid the shipping charges. You will not pay shipping charges. Shipping is free. The car is insured in case of damage and it takes 4 days to be delivered at your door. It will come with all the necessary paperwork (clear title, bill of sale, warranty documents, user's manual, insurance etc). I signed all the paperwork and I have the clean and clear title ready for transfer.
This is the VIN#: 4JGCB77E97A057900. The vehicle is registered in my name and I am the 2nd owner. There is no lien on the vehicle.
The general condition is impeccable. The vehicle is like new, completely working, perfect running condition, with no hidden damages or accidents, no dents, door dings or scratches, it has always been garage kept, non-smoker, still smells like new, no pets. The car has DVD, backup camera and navigation, Mercedes advanced cruise control distance control system DISTRONIC, it also has PARTRONIC, AIRMATIC ADJUSTABLE SUSPENSION, MASSAGE and PULSE seating for both front passengers, P3 PACKAGE INCLUDING FACTORY REAR ENTERTAINMENT WITH FACTORY HEAD PHONES, POWER REAR GATE, KEYLESS GO ENTRY AND STARTING SYSTEM, PANORAMIC ROOF, leather power memory seating, heated seats, rear climate control, auto lowering system for easier entry, sport adjustable suspension, MERCEDES FACTORY NAVIGATION SYSTEM, HARMON KARDON FACTORY SATELITE RADIO WITH WEATHERBAND, CD changer, ambient lighting, rear wiper and third row seating.
I will send you the pictures (in zip format) and the carfax report in my next messages. Verify your email. The messages may not come to inbox.
If you are still interested just let me know and I will send you more details in order to make a safe transaction.

{ME}florida is good i have 3 friend that lives there. where is the vehicle location. so they can see the condition. .. can i get a contact number there?

(I really dont have friend there. just checking him)

{HIM} Anson,
The car is in Fort Walton Beach in west Fla. I can only deliver the car to your front door because I am not in US in this moment. The car will arrive at your door in 4 days. The shipping is paid. You will not pay shipping charges. As soon as the vehicle will be at your home, you will have 7 days to inspect and test drive the car. If you will not like the car 100% you will ship it back at my expense. I'm sure this will not happen because the car is in excellent condition.
The car is at the shipping company with all the paperwork inside. You will receive all the original documents and keys with the car. I signed all the paperwork and the title is ready to be transferred to the new owner. You will have the chance to inspect the car before I will be paid.
The only way we can do this transaction is through Ebay because I want a smooth and safe transaction.
If you are interested to buy my car, please send me your full name, shipping address and phone number so I can register the transaction with Ebay. Ebay will reply you with more details and informations about this transaction.

{ME}
I dont need you to ship the car to me... My Wife and I wanted to do a cross country drive for along time.. I since the car is in florida I would also visit my friends and stay there for a couple of day. I would want to pick it up locally.

{HIM} That is a good idea, but I will not be able to hold the car for you unless I will receive a refundable down payment of $5,000.
Old 03-01-2009, 01:34 PM

05 E55t, 07 R63, 04 Mini R53 (SOLD):01 s4 avant st3, 06 q7
part 2

{ME} sound fair... This is what I will do. Since I have friends there. they will go see the car first. and make sure it is what I want. From there they will hand over the $5000 deposit.
Make sure that your guy in florida is ready to show the car. and have the pink slip ready, to show them. they will not take it. but need to know if the vehicle is really yours. I dont want this to be scam/fraud.
what is the address over there. and when can they go see it.
I need your full name so I can get the cert. bank check. your name must match the pink slip.
Once that is done. I will fly over there in a couple of days.

{HIM} I need down payment in my name today because I have other buyers interested. I will accept money orders MoneyGram because is fast and you can take your money back fast too in case you will not want to buy my car. Let me know if you can make the payment today.

{ME} I just talk to my friends. they can see it to night and give you the $5000 deposit.
what is the location.
need to know asap... since it is 3 hour ahead there. east coast time....

{HIM} The car is in the west side of Florida. Where are your friends?

{ME} 1 in tampa. 1 orlando. and 1 in miami... who is closer?

{HIM} Orlando is closer but I am about to ship the car to another person today if I will not receive the down payment that I told you.

{ME} give me a address so they can go look at....

And I never heard back from him again.
Old 03-01-2009, 03:28 PM

'03 C32, '08 ML63
Ugh, I hate those scams. I've seen the same thing before. They always price it where it's too low but high enough to make you think "Well, maybe...".

Oh well, sorry to get anybodys hopes up. :-(
Old 03-02-2009, 12:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My ex-cars: 03 E55,04 C32, 05 C55 ,03 E320
And let me tell you where "he" actually is...he's somewhere in Eastern Europe @ an internet cafe.
Old 03-02-2009, 12:37 PM

04 S430 4Matic/03 Ml 320/ 98' E320 4matic/ 73' slc 450/ 05 cherokee
Originally Posted by 55wagon
{ME} sound fair... This is what I will do. Since I have friends there. they will go see the car first. and make sure it is what I want. From there they will hand over the $5000 deposit.
Make sure that your guy in florida is ready to show the car. and have the pink slip ready, to show them. they will not take it. but need to know if the vehicle is really yours. I dont want this to be scam/fraud.
what is the address over there. and when can they go see it.
I need your full name so I can get the cert. bank check. your name must match the pink slip.
Once that is done. I will fly over there in a couple of days.

{HIM} I need down payment in my name today because I have other buyers interested. I will accept money orders MoneyGram because is fast and you can take your money back fast too in case you will not want to buy my car. Let me know if you can make the payment today.

{ME} I just talk to my friends. they can see it to night and give you the $5000 deposit.
what is the location.
need to know asap... since it is 3 hour ahead there. east coast time....

{HIM} The car is in the west side of Florida. Where are your friends?

{ME} 1 in tampa. 1 orlando. and 1 in miami... who is closer?

{HIM} Orlando is closer but I am about to ship the car to another person today if I will not receive the down payment that I told you.

{ME} give me a address so they can go look at....

And I never heard back from him again.

haha what a joke.
Old 03-10-2009, 03:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
SL55AMG, Ferrari 348, Ferrari Testarossa, Ferrari F40, Ferrari Mondial t, Ducati 916, Indycar
Does anyone ever fall for this kind of crap?
Old 03-11-2009, 02:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Your worst nightmare...
What a tool!! Man do people think other people are that stupid!!? Jishhh!!
Old 03-18-2009, 01:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 R350 & 2008 C300
The sad part is people DO fall for these scams. Props to you for asking questions! When someone is trying to scam you the last thing they want is someone asking too many questions.
Old 05-09-2009, 11:39 PM

2003 SL55 Silver/Charcoal Pano,K-Go,Bi-Xenon,Phone,AC Seats,
Well, Biscuit didn't fall for it. But I wonder who else out there might have. Thanks for the interesting dialogue!
Old 05-13-2009, 12:14 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
02 C320 Sedan
The best part is working in the US Navy didn't know they could afford a R63 AMG... LAWLERS

Some people would have done this glad you didn't!
Old 05-13-2009, 12:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts
Anything W/4Wheels
i almost fell for a scam like that on autotrader and whats funny is that he said the same things that he said to you on a email, im was looking to buy a bmw m6 before i got my car. i cant belive that it might be the same person.
Old 08-11-2009, 10:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts
S550, R350, GL550, ML63 AMG
There are soooo many scams like that online, most of those guys are in Nigeria at the internet cafe's. There was a special about this on the news once.

Who would ever send $$$ without seeing the car in person???