Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-05-2019, 12:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 67 Likes on 53 Posts
Cars
I love my Edition one

Originally Posted by exi
Thank you! Helpful with your first picture. Better representation of the pics I've looked at in the past.
I have no complaints. I’ve had it tuned and it’s sick powerful. Love everything about it including the run flat tires. I personally would have preferred the base body styling with the designo interior (like mine). I’d love to find a loaded non AMG 16 with all the goodies mine has. Only thing is the non Edition 1’s are far less value.
Old 08-05-2019, 08:56 AM

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts
Mercedes S550 Coupe (now) CL55 (until last March 3), Ferrari 612, Porsche Macan GTS
Originally Posted by 2014CL600
I have no complaints. I’ve had it tuned and it’s sick powerful. Love everything about it including the run flat tires. I personally would have preferred the base body styling with the designo interior (like mine). I’d love to find a loaded non AMG 16 with all the goodies mine has. Only thing is the non Edition 1’s are far less value.
The car I sold was that car, It had all the Edition 1 stuff including black magnetite paint and the bengal red designo interior. Since it has had 4 owners now it will be a little bit tainted and be a very good deal for someone. It is also a lot of car for only 21K miles. VIN. WDDXJ8FB6GA013039
Old 08-05-2019, 09:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars
Shouldn’t

Originally Posted by RonCL55
The car I sold was that car, It had all the Edition 1 stuff including black magnetite paint and the bengal red designo interior. Since it has had 4 owners now it will be a little bit tainted and be a very good deal for someone. It is also a lot of car for only 21K miles. VIN. WDDXJ8FB6GA013039
mine is a 1 owner car with 4K miles, with a 7 year 100k mile warranty. The carfax Ownership doesn’t taint the vehicle only accidents do. There are many reasons people sell a car, length of ownership has nothing to do with resale. If your told differently, someone is scamming you. Service records are key. Yes, if people are shy of a numerously owned car, then it’s on them.
Old 08-05-2019, 09:31 AM

Mercedes S550 Coupe (now) CL55 (until last March 3), Ferrari 612, Porsche Macan GTS
Actually I know the number of owners does taint the car. Mine was a two owner car when I bought it. I had it for a year. I sold it to my neighbor. My neighbor traded it on a Maserati after 3 months. He got $60K for it . The Maserati dealer said it was a beautiful car but he wouldn’t be able to sell it because it had too many owners. So he sent it to Manhiem. So while I agree with you intellectually that the number of owners doesnt matter, in fact it does in terms of ability to resell and the price point at which it gets resold. So if somebody tracks the VIN I gave they likely will be able to get an awesome deal on the car wherever it lands.
Old 08-05-2019, 09:35 AM
exi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
--
n = 1: I get that the number of owners shouldn't affect value, but a few months ago, I saw an otherwise nice E53 AMG or S550C4, I forget which since I looked at a boatload of them, on MB's site that was a recent model year yet had two non-original owners in something like 12 months, and it was an instant red mark in my mind, clean Carfax aside. Not the lack of CPO as isn't eligible for it, but rather, the quick turnaround between owners even though there are lots of potentially benign reasons for that.
Old 08-05-2019, 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by exi
n = 1: I get that the number of owners shouldn't affect value, but a few months ago, I saw an otherwise nice E53 AMG or S550C4, I forget which since I looked at a boatload of them, on MB's site that was a recent model year yet had two non-original owners in something like 12 months, and it was an instant red mark in my mind, clean Carfax aside. Not the lack of CPO as isn't eligible for it, but rather, the quick turnaround between owners even though there are lots of potentially benign reasons for that.
Agreed. Also, if you go to any used car dealer’s website that attaches CarFax links to their used cars, you will see that there is a special symbol for CarFax’s with “1 Owner”. Obviously 1 owner cars are perceived as being better.

Also agreed that multiple changes of owners in a short time is a bad sign as well. In my car’s case, I owned it for a year and my neighbor owned it for 3 months. Again, a bad sign. That is why I posted the VIN number because in fact it is a very good car and somebody should be able to get a great deal as I can vouch for the car.
Old 08-05-2019, 10:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars
I get it

Originally Posted by RonCL55
Agreed. Also, if you go to any used car dealer’s website that attaches CarFax links to their used cars, you will see that there is a special symbol for CarFax’s with “1 Owner”. Obviously 1 owner cars are perceived as being better.

Also agreed that multiple changes of owners in a short time is a bad sign as well. In my car’s case, I owned it for a year and my neighbor owned it for 3 months. Again, a bad sign. That is why I posted the VIN number because in fact it is a very good car and somebody should be able to get a great deal as I can vouch for the car.
I bought a CL600 once from RR dealership and stole the car. It was a 1 owner car with 9k miles. I find that other dealerships don’t want these high end cars as they have trouble selling them to their buyers. It was also going to auction but I was able to get it for 20k under book and got it before it left to Manhein. I always tell people. Buy a car from a competitor, if at all possible. They don’t want them on the lot as it’s both a distraction and usually not their market. I saw a Bentley at a VW lot and they had that car for 6 months and it finally went auction. If you ask any dealer they don’t give anything for any car, other than what they sell because they lose out on every deal (high end that is, same with low end). I’m not knocking what your saying I’m going by what the dealerships tell me.

Last edited by 2014CL600; 08-05-2019 at 10:05 AM.
Old 08-05-2019, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by 2014CL600
I find that other dealerships don’t want these high end cars as they have trouble selling them to their buyers.
I think it depends on the dealership. My wife factory ordered a Porsche. When it came time to pick it up the Porsche dealership fell all over themselves to buy her SL from her. My wife was content to sell the SL to CarMax for wholesale but the Porsche dealer wanted it in the front of the lot because it was cherry and would drive eyeballs to their lot. The wife ended up getting $5K more from the Porsche dealer than what CarMax would give her.
Old 08-05-2019, 11:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars
There is always an exception to every rule but as a rule it isn’t that way.
Old 08-09-2019, 11:21 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
S500 Coupé 2015
Sorry I'm late...

For sure the S Class Coupe is a wonderful car! I have it for 2 years now and it still gives me real pleasure every time I drive it. We use it mainly for long ride from Paris to the south of France (90% highways)

The pro :
  • The comfort, even though I was expecting better,
  • The global build and the surrounding luxury and the softness of the controls,
  • The electronics that even if it's not perfect allows you to do long distance with peace of mind
  • The 'sufficient' power (as it's not supposed to be a sport car),
  • The reassuring 4-Matic on the roads of the Alps in winter... with the CLK 280 it was far more impressive... and noiseless in the car!
  • The quite good TV Tuner even on highway.
  • The price... when it's a used car
The cons:
  • The question that kills: Is it a C or a E?
  • The entertainment system
    • Onboard wifi is a pure joke - Input for external video source like in 1975 (Aux or RCA ...) no HDMI - DVD player... Does Mercedes think that a S Class owner still own some DVDs?
    • The basic Burmester sound system... which must not be a Burmester
    • The difficulty to improve what is installed in the factory
      • I haven't found a dealer in France to add permanent LTE Wifi and phone mirroring in S Class
  • Phone reception when you're not in town. For sure the car is well isolated.
  • The glass roof that doesn’t tilt up and is not as much panoramic than in old E Class
  • No cup holder, even in aftermarket
Old 08-09-2019, 03:48 PM

Received 202 Likes on 166 Posts
2016 S550C4, 2005 SL500
PolluxFrance said "No cup holder, even in aftermarket"

My 2016 S550C4 has four cup holders - two in the front console, just below the ash tray under a door and two in the rear, pull-down arm rest. The front seat cup holders are removable so is it possible that yours was removed? That removable unit is Part # A222 683 00 75 if you want to check into it.
The following users liked this post:
PolluxFrance (08-13-2019)
Old 08-13-2019, 02:34 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
S500 Coupé 2015
Originally Posted by as.thompson
PolluxFrance said "No cup holder, even in aftermarket"

My 2016 S550C4 has four cup holders - two in the front console, just below the ash tray under a door and two in the rear, pull-down arm rest. The front seat cup holders are removable so is it possible that yours was removed? That removable unit is Part # A222 683 00 75 if you want to check into it.
Hello Thank you for the Part number.
Strange that my Benz dealer as not found that. I'llask him again, with the number this time.
And you're right, Ihave two cup holders in the rear... but I'm never there...