New to me: 2019 s560 coupe!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-19-2021, 10:15 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Audi a7
New to me: 2019 s560 coupe!

I have had the pleasure of owning a 2015 s550 sedan for nearly 3 years and loved every second of it. The coupe has always been a car that I knew one day I would get. It’s just a sexy beast! So, got an amazing deal on a 2019 s560 coupe, ventured away from my typical of owning exclusively black cars, went for my second favorite color being the selenite gray metallic. Here she is! My initial observations for the 2018/2019 MY updates:

transmission for the most part is much smoother. Comfort mode is much more powerful and doesn’t feel as restrictive.

car is a bit aggressive in sport+ I must admit. The exhaust sound is so refined and the shifting is pure bliss but the down shift is a bit jerky. You really have to time it right for smooth deceleration.

Apple carplay is great!

being able to actually fully customize drive select vs the old limited “sport vs comfort” is really great. I like to drive on the highway for long stretches in comfort engine mode but sport handling and this lets you fully customize.

LOVE LOVE LOVE the new OLED taillights. The animation is amazing and they are so bright and clear. A really nice touch.

“Baby AMG” exhaust tips also look good!

ok, on to the exhaust. When I first saw videos I was BLOWN away By the Burbles and downshift pops. However, now after owning the vehicle for a few weeks I have noticed that with the 4.7 liter going down to 4 liter you really do notice the difference. It does not have that deep tone like the my2015-2017 exhaust has. So idk how I feel. About it just yet. Love the burbles stock but miss that deep growl and the turbo whistle. I will probably do a resonator delete and see if that unleashes the growl. For all the “anti mod” folks, save it! Lol Ice cream comes in many different flavors......

final verdict, worth the upgrade in my opinion. Going to enjoy this for a while until the AMG gt63 falls into my budget, or, if I happen to fall in love with the new w223 sedan.... enjoy the pics!

current mods: OBD ECU tune, European approved multibeam headlight features, lowering module also via OBD

Future mods/additions: 20 inch gloss black wheels and swapping out these god awful run flats, tint and resonator delete.

The following 2 users liked this post by Ksellers10:
chassis (03-22-2021), declo2000 (08-19-2021)
Old 03-22-2021, 04:09 PM

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
S550 coupe
Right behind you S550 —> S560 Coupe, keep us posted; Nice car 👍
Old 03-22-2021, 08:19 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 3,934 Likes on 3,098 Posts
2017 GLE350 4MATIC
Congratulations, looks great.
Old 03-22-2021, 08:39 PM

Audi a7
First physical mod done. Resonator delete. Is in my opinion the best, least expensive exhaust mod if you want to open it up a little but not take away from the class of the car! Too is before, bottom is after res delete
Attached Files
File Type: mov
IMG_5041.mov (11.77 MB, 161 views)
Old 03-23-2021, 11:42 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2020 S560 Coupe & 2018 GLS63 AMG
Thanks for posting that @Ksellers10! My local shop is getting ready to install the Renntech Exhaust Valve module in my 2020 S560 coupe (hopefully Friday). However, he also mentioned doing a resonator delete on it. I have been hesitant as I am just not familiar with the difference it would make. But in your video it sounds great!

Question though - how does it sound on the highway? Is it louder and noticeable when cruising down the highway? Or not so much?

Thanks!
Old 03-23-2021, 11:54 AM

Audi a7
Originally Posted by mbarcus
Thanks for posting that @Ksellers10! My local shop is getting ready to install the Renntech Exhaust Valve module in my 2020 S560 coupe (hopefully Friday). However, he also mentioned doing a resonator delete on it. I have been hesitant as I am just not familiar with the difference it would make. But in your video it sounds great!

Question though - how does it sound on the highway? Is it louder and noticeable when cruising down the highway? Or not so much?

Thanks!

thanks! Here is my take:

1. I actually tried the valve simulators and I took them off as I did not like the change. Essentially, at least from my observation, I experience a limp feeling in the car, also, I noticed less pops cracks and burbles. I am no expert but I believe it has something to do with the valves helping create the boost needed to produce the burbles and pops/cracks. So when they are always open it alters that process. Again, no expert but my ears know What they hear and don’t hear lol

2. the resonator to me adds depth to the tone. Gives it a deeper growl. For the low cost of a res delete I definitely suggest it. I went straight pipe in place of my resonators. No drone What so ever. Comfort mode has a tad, and I mean a tad, more sound. Sport and sport plus is where you can tell the difference. Also, maybe just in my mind, but removing the restrictive resonators I feel like the car up shifts and downshifts a lot smoother.

3. as far as highway, cruising you won’t notice much of a different but when you stomp on it, YES you notice a difference in sound, especially if you have the windows rolled down.

I have a clip taking off, before the resonator and I am planning to record one today without resonators and will upload so that you can hear!

for 100-200$ I believe it’s worth the cost.
Old 03-23-2021, 12:01 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2020 S560 Coupe & 2018 GLS63 AMG
Dang...making me debate whether to even do the Renntech valve module then lol. My shop is giving it to me at his cost, but it's still 3x a resonator delete price.
Old 03-23-2021, 12:10 PM

Audi a7
Originally Posted by mbarcus
Dang...making me debate whether to even do the Renntech valve module then lol. My shop is giving it to me at his cost, but it's still 3x a resonator delete price.

speaking personally, it wasn’t for me. Now albeit, it wasn’t the renntech one, I used the 50$ AWE simulator one but the concept is the same. Valves open lol I went that route because I told myself I was gonna leave this car alone and not touch the exhaust..that was the lie I tried to sell myself haha. But the valves open just didn’t feel right. Can you start out with res delete and then decide later if you want the valve module?
Old 03-23-2021, 08:03 PM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
2018 S450 4Matic, 2020 GLE450 4Matic, 2010 S550 4Matic(sold), 2012 ML350 4Matic(sold)
Beautiful car Ksell.