Window tint reco

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old Yesterday, 06:17 PM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
S550 Convertible 2017
Window tint reco

I was wondering if it is ok to tint all the glass in my '17 Cabriolet including the dash. Also are there any specific tints I should be using. The car gets so hot and the dash buckled. I use a sun shade but it doesn't help enough. I know there is wires inside the windshield so I don't want to effect that but after I go spend the money to go fix the dash I want to be able to keep the car much cooler if possible.
Old Yesterday, 06:22 PM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
S550 Convertible 2017

Old Yesterday, 08:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 197 Likes on 165 Posts
Porsche guy who drives SL63 w/ perf pkg AND perf suspension
The side windows are double glass and you can see a light tint in the middle of the panes. I have had 2 C217 and I tint both of them. I know the sides are 20 tint. I think the rear is darker but not sure if its 30 or not. This car already had the windshield tinted although it is illegal to tint the windshield.
It is light Dont know the #. Maybe 5
I just left it on.
My shop is using xpel prime xr now, but they were using llumar and suntek
As long as you get a good install, any of those are the best
Old Yesterday, 11:51 PM

Received 202 Likes on 166 Posts
2016 S550C4, 2005 SL500
Originally Posted by slash32487
I was wondering if it is ok to tint all the glass in my '17 Cabriolet including the dash. Also are there any specific tints I should be using. The car gets so hot and the dash buckled. I use a sun shade but it doesn't help enough. I know there is wires inside the windshield so I don't want to effect that but after I go spend the money to go fix the dash I want to be able to keep the car much cooler if possible.
My local vinyl shop has a clear vinyl that is supposed to cut a large percentage of the UV rays while remaining clear and thus doesn't trigger a problem with the police. I haven't tried it but it might be worth looking into. Good luck!
Old Today, 12:00 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A 200 Sedan
oh man, hot cars are the worst. I've heard good things about 3M Crystalline tint, supposedly it blocks heat without being super dark. might be worth checking out, but im not an expert.