S-Class (W126) 1979-1991: 300 SE, 300 SEL, 380 SE, 380 SEL, 420 SEL, 500 SEL, 560 SEL, 360 SEC, 500 SEC, 580 SEC, 300 SD TURBODIESEL, 300 SDL TURBO, 350 SD TURBO, 350 SDL TURBO

Flutuating Idle, acelleration poor pics of the new car IT is nearly perfect!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-10-2014 | 10:40 AM

SL55 SLK 320
Flutuating Idle, acelleration poor pics of the new car IT is nearly perfect!

I am chasing this problem down. The car drifts at idle and if I push the accelerator to the floor there is a hesitation and the car never really gets going. Doesn't reach redline. If I let off a bit and it gets into the next gear it pulls hard and quick.

What I have done so far.

New Voltage protection relay
New fuel pump relay
replaced injectors and seals
Cleaned Idle control valve

The car is running much better than when I bought it just not quite there.
I am guessing I have a small vacuum leak somewhere causing the idle to drift but not sure. Building a smoke machine to check for leaks.

May also be low fuel pressure I guess, need to check that. Possibly pressure regulator?

Help me out here guys
Attached Thumbnails Flutuating Idle, acelleration poor pics of the new car IT is nearly perfect!-imag0814.jpg   Flutuating Idle, acelleration poor pics of the new car IT is nearly perfect!-imag0816.jpg   Flutuating Idle, acelleration poor pics of the new car IT is nearly perfect!-imag0813.jpg   Flutuating Idle, acelleration poor pics of the new car IT is nearly perfect!-imag0818.jpg   Flutuating Idle, acelleration poor pics of the new car IT is nearly perfect!-imag0817.jpg  

Last edited by wrightbenz; 06-10-2014 at 10:43 AM.