S-Class (W140) 1991-1999: 300 SD, S 350TD, 300 SE 2.8, S280, 300 SE 3.2, 300 SEL 3.2, S320, S320L, 400 SE, S420, 400 SEL, S420L, 500 SE, S500, 500 SEL, S500L, 600 SE, S600, 600 SEL, S600L, 500 SEC, 600 SEC

w140 - v140 amg alloys

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-21-2005, 02:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C240 sport and S320
w140 - v140 amg alloys

has anyone put amg style II alloys onto a 1998 S320. I want to source 255/45/18. any feedback?
Attached Thumbnails w140 - v140 amg alloys-amgmonoblock.jpg  

Last edited by Milky; 05-21-2005 at 02:43 AM.
Old 05-21-2005, 03:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i have the W220 S55 amg rims on my car, they are slightly longer spokes but over all almost same look, those orignal monoblocks have long been discontinued which is why they are hard to find.
Old 05-21-2005, 09:35 AM

C240 sport and S320
are they the 255/45/18 all round or do you have fatter tyre size at the back?

Did you have to use spacers at all?

I live in the UK and have been quoted by main dealer at 1500 GBP for alloys only!!!!. I am looking second hand or for replicas at the moment.
Old 05-21-2005, 02:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

i run 245's up front and 265's in rear, i used to run 275's in rear. it depends if you get staggered setup or not.
Old 05-21-2005, 08:54 PM

I've got the exact same setup as Homey, with factory Dunlop SP9000....no spacers needed, they fit right on......
Omey, those rims got discontinued? I did not know that, that should incease the value with them being hard to find.....
Old 05-22-2005, 05:21 AM

C240 sport and S320
cheers guys,

Omey, what's a 'staggered setup'?

Last edited by Milky; 05-22-2005 at 05:25 AM.
Old 05-22-2005, 03:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Tyzik- Yup the rims were discontinued, you can still find them sometimes but its much harder than it used to be, i dont think many people know its discontinued so you may still be able to get them for cheap.

Milky- staggered setup means the rear wheels are larger width than the front wheels and this allows for more rubber to be put on the rears for me additional rear wheel traction. the rear wheel also has alitlte more lipe for a slightly more aggressive look.
Old 05-22-2005, 05:08 PM

Wink

Yeah, i got a hellavadeal about 4 month ago, but it would be a good selling point....
Old 05-23-2005, 02:53 AM

S600
will the rear s55 wheel 18x 9.5 fit in the front? or is 9.5 w/ a 265 tire too wide for the fronts?
Old 05-23-2005, 02:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

too wide for fronts, there is a reason they are staggered.
Old 05-23-2005, 08:24 PM

S600
Originally Posted by OmeyHomey
too wide for fronts, there is a reason they are staggered.

wtf, "there is a reason they are staggered" dude all i asked was if 9.5 wide rims could fit in the front. i don't need a smart *** answer from you.

i know what staggering is. i just don't prefer it since its not really needed on 320,420,500.
Old 05-23-2005, 08:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

wow there.. geez somebody has PMS, i wasn't giving a smart *** answer. I'm merely stating there is a reason AMG made the wheels they way they did. geez... calm down man.
Old 05-23-2005, 09:55 PM

S600
wow there.. geez somebody has PMS, i wasn't giving a smart *** answer. I'm merely stating there is a reason AMG made the wheels they way they did. geez... calm down man.

it came across as a smart *** reply. and it seems you have a hard time replying without saying something stupid like pms?

PMS? you need to calm down. maybe that will help you realize how stupid your car looks with that amg and s32 badge. and i'm also surprised you consider your car a project. you haven't really done anything special or meaningful with it. intake, suspension and exhaust? everyone and their mothers do that when modifying a car.
Old 05-23-2005, 10:11 PM

Dude, u need to chill the fock out, the guy posts more than anybody else on this forum, and replies with helpful info.......as far as badging, i think it's a matter of taste, u dont like....tough ****....to me all it shows, is the guy being passionate about his ride...
Last i checked there arent too many mods for a 93 S class, so building a custom intake,exhaust,supension and chipping it, is considered as modded out...
U need to lighten up, or go post somewhere else.....

Bigup Omey....
Old 05-23-2005, 10:31 PM

S600
Originally Posted by tyzik
Dude, u need to chill the fock out, the guy posts more than anybody else on this forum, and replies with helpful info.......as far as badging, i think it's a matter of taste, u dont like....tough ****....to me all it shows, is the guy being passionate about his ride...
Last i checked there arent too many mods for a 93 S class, so building a custom intake,exhaust,supension and chipping it, is considered as modded out...

Bigup Omey....
chill the fock out? no i don't need to. this isn't something i'm getting all worked up on.

as for his mods i'm going still laughing. you make it as if he did something ground breaking in modifying the w140. they are simple and not really considered much. exhaust? any exhaust shop can do that for you. even midas can do custom exhaust work for less than $80. his intake? all you do is install a cone filter. like i said, his mods aren't special or meaningful.
Old 05-23-2005, 11:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Bigup Omey....

thanks tyzik, he obviously doesn't know who i am, its ok. Just to verify.. there are ZERO mods for a 93 S lol so im pretty much in unchartered territory and im willing to take risks so that others on this forum can reek the benefits and mod there cars without having to drop $1000s. I guess being on of the most powerful S320 W140's out there is not "special enough" for him :p . Once he see's the mods i have done but not yet reveiled (for certian reasons) he will be eating his words. Thanks for your support, i guess some people just don't understand.

Last edited by Bernanke; 05-23-2005 at 11:30 PM.
Old 05-24-2005, 12:37 AM

The car is definetly work in progress, i completly understand that these mods
are basic essentials. I've been modding all the cars that i owned for 10 years now, so u can imagine there arent many rides that excite me anymore.
However, it is obvious that Omey is putting a lot of effort into his S, to make this classic fast, handle well, and look classy without blowing 1000's.....to me that effort is what it's all about.....
On the brighter note, Spdracer i do welcome u to the board, let's not get worked up over a missunderstanding and continue sharing our experiences in owning and modding our Asses or is it S's....

Omey, cant wait to see what's behind door number 3.....
Old 05-24-2005, 01:55 AM

S600
"thanks tyzik, he obviously doesn't know who i am, its ok. "

LOL!!!! of course i don't know who you are. i probably wouldn't want to know who you are either. and its probably good that i don't know you because if i did i wouldn't stop laughing at your stupidity on what you consider mods.

"Just to verify.. there are ZERO mods for a 93 S lol so im pretty much in unchartered territory and im willing to take risks so that others on this forum can reek the benefits and mod there cars without having to drop $1000s."

please tell me what $1000's risk you took. you haven't done much and i'm surprised some people thank you for your contribution so far. you have done the absolute basics.

"I guess being on of the most powerful S320 W140's out there is not "special enough" for him :p . Once he see's the mods i have done but not yet reveiled (for certian reasons) he will be eating his words."

one of the most powerful? LOL. the mods you have done but haven't reveiled yet? LOL again. what could it be? a chip? nos? turbo? supercharger? lastly i won't eat my own words. because whatever you have in store honestly, i don't really give a crap what you have planned.
Old 05-24-2005, 02:02 AM

S600
The car is definetly work in progress, i completly understand that these mods
are basic essentials. I've been modding all the cars that i owned for 10 years now, so u can imagine there arent many rides that excite me anymore.
However, it is obvious that Omey is putting a lot of effort into his S, to make this classic fast, handle well, and look classy without blowing 1000's.....to me that effort is what it's all about.....
On the brighter note, Spdracer i do welcome u to the board, let's not get worked up over a missunderstanding and continue sharing our experiences in owning and modding our Asses or is it S's....

Omey, cant wait to see what's behind door number 3.....
thanks and your right, its probably a misunderstanding. but i've grown tired of replies like this on other forums when someone asks a question.
Old 05-24-2005, 02:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

its obviously there are psycological issues at hand, you need to learn to relax spdracer, its obviously you are acting out of anger based on your experiences on other forums, but you shouldn't take those feelings of anger out on us innocent forum members on this forum. Thats was wrong. attacking other members is hardly respectable behavior and if it continues the moderators will be forced to take action. just calm down and lets all coexist peacefully.
Old 05-24-2005, 09:23 AM

90 300E, 03 E55 Black designo, 06 IWC CLS55
Respect to OMEY
When other members start showing as much enthusiasm and end-product, when modifying their S's then they will have credit due as well. Omey is putting a lot of thought into the 6 Cyl he's got and has been inspirational for me personally. I have had other luxury cars in the past, but would never have dreamt of changing anyhting on them Because I didnt know what negative effects these changes would have on the car. I changed a few things in a 6 Cyl W124 I had here but thats not in the same level of complexity. What Omey has been doing has been giving me experience, without having to spend any money through mistakes etc. My man OMEY has my respect and deserves credit because of this. He is one helpful dude, never greedy with information when I ask. That is something I respect Omey for and as you all can understand, it is nothing short of what he deserves.
Obviously the things he is doing to his S do not seem like much if he had something like a Civic.

No one should belittle Omey's efforts. The guy has his ideas for his car and not for YOUR car. You like it good You DONT like it thats ok, just pass on some constructive criticism But If you all you have is something bad to say then I recommend you before you disrespect. Lets keep it clean and learn and share our experiences. Otherwise why should we spend time on these forums? None of us are geeks
Anyway this is off topic so lets get back to cars
Respect
Old 05-24-2005, 02:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Thanks Samm, Ya i know you an tyzik understand but i guess he doesnt. doing a intake and exhaust on a benz is alot more complex than on a chevy or a civic. More mods on the way guys so keep looking out for more
Old 05-24-2005, 05:48 PM

Thanks Samm, Ya i know you an tyzik understand but i guess he doesnt. doing a intake and exhaust on a benz is alot more complex than on a chevy or a civic. More mods on the way guys so keep looking out for more
rofl! homey you obviously have a following of people who don't know much about modding. something complex is a supercharger or turbo on a car. no way in hell is a simple intake and exhaust complex.doing an exhaust and intake on a mbnz is not more complex than a chevy or civic. it must have been for you since you seem a bit slow in the head.

you posted and said it yourself... all you did was buy a universal muffler and a resonator. it is not even hard to have an exhaust installed. even a custom exhaust is not hard to make. muffler shops all over the country can do that. custom exhaust with all the piping, resonator, and muffler can be had for less than $500.

so please stop making it sound like you invested all this time and effort to research and install an intake and exhaust. and don't even try to tell me that bending exhaust piping is hard to do.

like racer said before, all you have are simple mods. nothing more. you sound really stupid with your statements about complex mods along with the people you fool. gave me a good laugh. like 99bmw said... you are project euro rice.

ps, you will have the fastest s320 in the country when you drive it off a cliff.
Old 05-24-2005, 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by SAMM
Respect to OMEY
When other members start showing as much enthusiasm and end-product, when modifying their S's then they will have credit due as well. Omey is putting a lot of thought into the 6 Cyl he's got and has been inspirational for me personally. I have had other luxury cars in the past, but would never have dreamt of changing anyhting on them Because I didnt know what negative effects these changes would have on the car. I changed a few things in a 6 Cyl W124 I had here but thats not in the same level of complexity. What Omey has been doing has been giving me experience, without having to spend any money through mistakes etc. My man OMEY has my respect and deserves credit because of this. He is one helpful dude, never greedy with information when I ask. That is something I respect Omey for and as you all can understand, it is nothing short of what he deserves.
Obviously the things he is doing to his S do not seem like much if he had something like a Civic.

No one should belittle Omey's efforts. The guy has his ideas for his car and not for YOUR car. You like it good You DONT like it thats ok, just pass on some constructive criticism But If you all you have is something bad to say then I recommend you before you disrespect. Lets keep it clean and learn and share our experiences. Otherwise why should we spend time on these forums? None of us are geeks
Anyway this is off topic so lets get back to cars
Respect

of course you can belittle his efforts. especially if the person is trying to make him sound like he's done a lot of work. you along with homey make it as what he did was unquie or special.
Old 05-24-2005, 08:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

TommyB you have beeen warned and you continued, I have contacted the moderators and I doubt you will be a member of this forum much longer. I hope you learned your lesson. Both you and SPDracer53. If you two do not stop your personal attacks your memberships will be revoked. grow up and start acting like an adult.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: w140 - v140 amg alloys